Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting over

4 posters

Go down

Starting over Empty Starting over

Post  Horto Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:01 pm

HI all,
Im a newbie to the forum and could use a little advice. Its been a lot of years since i last went detecting and a lot has changed in detecters. I now live in Wodonga ,although i haven't much experience in Vic Ive had some success in WA and NSW .

As cost is important my short list is between the Nox 800 and Gold Kruzer , any information would be appreciated

horto

Horto

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-01-22

Back to top Go down

Starting over Empty Re: Starting over

Post  Kon61gold Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:57 pm

Welcome to the forum Horto.

I have no experience with either detector but there maybe someone on here who might be able to help you out. From what I can gather, the Equinox 8 (multi-frequency) meaning that more than one detector frequency is running or used at the same time, is more of an all rounder suited on (parks, beach, Field, Gold etc) for the detecting of coin/jewellery/relics/gold nuggets etc), whereas the Gold Kruzer, running on a single high frequency of 61KHz for the detecting of tiniest of targets & as its name implies, (similar to the Minelab Gold Monster) is more suited to the detection of gold nuggets, but can also be used for coin/jewellery.
There are some in field reports on their working performances on youtube, that might give you somewhat of a better understanding of how each detector works & or what its best suited for.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Hi Horto,welcome to the forum,with introduction of the new ML6000 coming out soon it might be worth hanging ten.
Should be a good range of 2300,4500 and gpx 5000's kicking around?, good luck.

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm

If I was just starting out I would choose the Nox 800 ( Have one) can be used in the gold fields and finds gold, can be used in the gold fields in trashie areas with a small 6Inch coil can also be used on the beach etc etc. Readily sold if you do not continue detecting.

If you get more serious into gold detecting then its a 2300, 4500, 5000, or 7K (I have a 7k) and I still use the Nox in some areas in the GT/WA. so to me its a keeper.

Suggest you call Nenad in SA ( PhaseTech?) from memory he sells both detectors, and have a talk with him. I would not buy on price, its performance and future use/enjoyment.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

moredeep and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down