Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup

3 posters

Go down

CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup Empty CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup

Post  philip.j.thompson Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Hi all, just purchased a 3030 for discriminating purposes, have been using a 5000 for years. This thing has a lot of buttons and although I have looked at the book, and online, I find the setup very confusing. Anyone have any simple tips for getting it up and running. Just putting it out there thanks
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup Empty Re: CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup

Post  Martin R Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Get to know the machine before you start asking for a quick go to guide
The Factory settings are fine till you get used to it and know what sound is what
Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup Empty Re: CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup

Post  Minermike Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:30 pm

When they first came out , the price put me off .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup Empty CXT3030 any tips on a simple setup

Post  philip.j.thompson Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Put it this way, if I chose coin mode and then go to select on factory preset then menu again does it hold on that search mode. This is the first time I have used a discriminator detector since the VLF days and I have detected since 1976. I find the instruction booklet, which I have printed out and reread, a number of times ,  rather unhelpful as I'm a do A then B oldy. Similarly the mass of utube materials seem to assume a working knowledge of forrunners of this machine. I have successfully operated a 5000 for 10 years but that handbook I found much more straight forward. Anyway did find some coins today but still in the habit of dig everything so we'll see how it goes.
regards all Phil
PS I found loads of predecimals and rings with VLF machines and regret getting rid of them

Last edited by philip.j.thompson on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meant to say rings not coins)

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down