Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Sdc set up opinions please

+2
PeterInSa
yellowmellow
6 posters

Go down

My Sdc set up opinions please  Empty My Sdc set up opinions please

Post  yellowmellow Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:47 pm

Please I need opinions My Sdc set up opinions please  5cc30d10
My Sdc set up opinions please  D5874a10
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

My Sdc set up opinions please  Empty Re: My Sdc set up opinions please

Post  PeterInSa Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:18 am

Hi YM When my wife purchased her 2300 it came with an amplifier which we did not use along with other gear, she prefers to use the detector (unlike with her 4500)without the Headphones cable so just went back to the built in speaker.

For our next trip I have connected a wifi Transmitter onto the detector cable, with a wifi receiver and the Amplifier in her Backpack (an SD Harness) with a speaker on her shoulder. If this works OK will look at the Twin steelphase speakers on both shoulders.

I think the inbuilt speaker is OK for quite conditions, but if its windy, not so. I think you must think along similar lines having the speaker facing you, but its just another weight on the detector. Wife uses the Hipstick as per the Z and you must leave it on as its tighter than the Z and removals will break the rubber attachment, a bungee cord is also used back to the Harness (bought another Z harness for her to use but she prefers the SD harness along with its backpack).

A similar stand to yours is also on her detector, with of course the coil knuckle.
The detector also has the Cover as per the photo on the right, and a 24/7 arm rest made out of a 75mm storm water pipe velcro'ed to the existing arm rest together with a ML arm rest cover.

All the Best

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 am

I’m a bit confused on what I should have I want to have optimal performance on the Sdc I want it run the best please let me know thanks Tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:17 am

Re (I want it run the best please)

Good Wifi Transmit/Receiver (not necessarily from ebay like ours) driving SP01 and Hi Fidelity Earphones (but to me not great health wise can cause Tinnitus)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:44 am

I am still confused
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Tim, you asked for opinions, so here is mine. The detector in your first pic looks like a dog’s breakfast!

You already have the Phase Technical headphone adapter lead. Get yourself a pair of half decent headphones, a Steelphase audio enhancer and you will have the optimum setup for that detector.

For one reason or another, many people prefer not to wear headphones. In my opinion, if you are not using headphones, you well may miss that faint whisper or break in the threshold that indicates a deeper target. On a windy day, without headphones you will almost certainly miss it!

Pebbles
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:22 pm

Agree I need to neaten up the set up on the detector
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:14 pm

What are a great headphones for the Sdc I see steel phase have these wireless ones
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:09 pm

Gidday , Tim .

Any of the wireless / wire free headphones from Phase Technical or Steel Phase are good gear.

I Use the Quest wire free lite and they work really good. Add the SP01 and they are even better. Not sure when it is happening , but there will be an SP02 coming out which is just for headphone audio amplification ( i think that is the right term ) , unlike the SP01 which amplifies the target signal in the ground.

This one in the link below has an adaptor for the Garrett Infinium and also the Minelab GPX series. If using on an SD2300 , you must tell them when ordering so they can supply the correct adaptor.

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/quest-wirefree-lite-headphones-garrett/

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Tim, I use the 8 inch round and feel the others are not a great Choice. I did try a 10x5 but it was not even close to the original. I use Bose QC 25 headphones, these are great and if you switch the noise canceling on they amplify the sound. However they also amplify the wind noise, so I have an old pair of socks over them to cut the wind, this works great. There is a newer version QC 35, which is cordless and rechargeable but I have not tried them so I can not recommend them.
The wife and I Have been using SDC 2300’s for 6 years. We find heaps with this setup and we are not likely to change it much any time soon.
Sparrowfart. Very Happy
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:37 am

soldier of fortune wrote:Not sure when it is happening , but there will be an SP02 coming out which is just for headphone audio amplification ( i think that is the right term ) , unlike the SP01 which amplifies the target signal in  the ground.
The SP02 will be specifically for speaker use not headphones. It will have a higher output to the SP01 & bypass switch but will not have the mode or filter switches of the SP01.
The SP01 does not amplify target signals in the ground! It amplifies the target signals given by the detector & the 3 filters compress + enhance different audio frequencies.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 am

yellowmellow wrote:Agree I need to neaten up the set up on the detector
Yep Tim neaten up those cables.
I see you got a good set of headphones!
Don't worry about anything else now just get out & learn the SDC. If you put it over gold it will let you know.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 am

mbasko wrote:
soldier of fortune wrote:Not sure when it is happening , but there will be an SP02 coming out which is just for headphone audio amplification ( i think that is the right term ) , unlike the SP01 which amplifies the target signal in  the ground.
The SP02 will be specifically for speaker use not headphones. It will have a higher output to the SP01 & bypass switch but will not have the mode or filter switches of the SP01.
The SP01 does not amplify target signals in the ground! It amplifies the target signals given by the detector & the 3 filters compress + enhance different audio frequencies.

I didn`t realise it was for speakers only. Thanks for clearing that up .   I was trying not to get too technical for Tim with the SP01 explanation on the target signal amplification. In a nutshell , you can hear the signal a lot better when using the  SP01.

Last edited by soldier of fortune on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:33 pm

my external speaker already has a booster built in i dont need another booster like sp01 as this would over load the detector due to taking on too much input feedback.
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down