Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post  FreeFrog Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Hello to all. My grandson and I are keen prospectors in training. So far we have learned a few basic lessons the hard way without finding anything. But we are still keen. The frustrating part of this journey has been the lack of access to anywhere due to private lands. We live in Sunshine Coast area which is close to lots of old gold mining areas. My grandson is member of a gem club and always keen to look at any rock. Open to suggestions.

FreeFrog
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-06-21

AnnieL and DaddyD like this post

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  moredeep Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Welcome Freefrog, all I can suggest is joining your local prospecting club and venturing out on a few outings.
I know QLD is fairly locked up for the amature prospector.
Maybe some beach prospecting to start off with,look for some old historic parks/picnic area's etc as well.
Good luck and have fun with your grandson,that's what it's all about.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1873
Registration date : 2018-05-23

FreeFrog likes this post

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post  AnnieL Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 am

FreeFrog wrote:Hello to all. My grandson and I are keen prospectors in training. So far we have learned a few basic lessons the hard way without finding anything. But we are still keen. The frustrating part of this journey has been the lack of access to anywhere due to private lands. We live in Sunshine Coast area which is close to lots of old gold mining areas. My grandson is member of a gem club and always keen to look at any rock. Open to suggestions.

Welcome to the forum. Agree with you about lack of access in Queensland. For a suggestion- I started a YouTube channel to help out ‘newbies’, so if you want to check out my channel you will find vids on Rules & Regulations in all states plus how to research etc. Link is under my avatar.

Good luck out there.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Thankyou AnnieL

Post  FreeFrog Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Thankyou AnnieL for the heads up. We will have a look at your channel,