Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Are QLD Borders Closed??

+6
dundiggin
rockhunter62
AnnieL
Nightjar
moredeep
adrian ss
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why Are QLD Borders Closed?? - Page 2 Empty RE: Why are QLD borders closed

Post  dundiggin Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:01 pm

That's a good one moredeep, I like it and because I do like it, I think I'm getting another virus which my GP called "givemheaps" virus. Have a great time moredeep... Q15 Q14 Q27 T02

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Why Are QLD Borders Closed?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Are QLD Borders Closed??

Post  boobook Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:46 pm

JP..My interpretation of "lockdowns" was that it applied to all....no exceptions. Here in NSW I am sure there would have been quite a few who considered they lived close enough to known gold patches, that even though well flogged, would have allowed that bit of "gold search" or other exercise or relaxation.
That indeed was my case. Living in a smaller country town I was needing to go out and cut winter firewood as the WA trip was well and truly done for.
Instead I followed the requirements of the law and hibernated, your interpretation seemed to be one very similar as identified by davesgold

From Detector Prospector
"Posted March 27
Been pretty busy lately organising our business and finalising last minute preparations for the global lockdown associated with current world events. I am so lucky to be able to self isolate in an area where I do not need to travel to go detecting, therefore contact with others is near zero. I encourage readers of this forum to understand the importance of not moving about where there are others present, the risks are too great at this time.

Please do not respond to my comments about COVID19 on this thread, I am just explaining my own personal situation and why I‘m able to continue detecting thanks to my location and circumstances and do not want to seem to be encouraging others to take risks if they have to travel any distances to get to a goldfield. I am able to literally step out my front door and go detecting more often than not with my detecting buddy Mia"

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:04 am

boobook wrote:JP..My interpretation of "lockdowns" was that it applied to all....no exceptions. Here in NSW I am sure there would have been quite a few who considered they lived close enough to known gold patches, that even though well flogged, would have allowed that bit of "gold search" or other exercise or relaxation.
That indeed was my case. Living in a smaller country town I was needing to go out and cut winter firewood as the WA trip was well and truly done for.
Instead I followed the requirements of the law and hibernated, your interpretation seemed to be one very similar as identified by davesgold.
.............I am able to literally step out my front door and go detecting more often than not with my detecting buddy Mia"

‘Literally’ means just that, I literally was adhering to and observing the lock downs without leaving the boundaries of my own land!!Suspect  Secondly I prospect for a living and pay tax on the gold I find as such I was entitled to travel to work each day to many thousands of acres of private land I have access to and legitimately conduct my business (GPAs were closed remember), I chose not to during the lock down and remained working from home.

There seems to be a heck of a lot of assumptions going on here rather than it being considered I was actually doing the right thing, people always seem to assume the worst, which gets back to my original post where I said there is plenty of land for sale in the areas everyone likes to detect during the winter months! I bought land here over 20 years ago for that very reason, getting sniped on a forum because of presumed privilege is insulting considering every one has the same opportunities. affraid  It’s not my fault the majority of people prefer to live in their beautiful climates and seaside views and only come out when the weathers nice!!

JP

Last edited by Jonathan Porter on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Rockwall likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:55 pm

C'mon fellas, don't we have enough current issues on our plate, during these uncertain times, than trying to find fault with one another? I don't know why, but this forum tends to bring about the best or worst in people. Its gone through a lot of drama over the years & its time for a change, a change for the better. Respect for one another has been & always should be the primary motive/rule of any forum & its associated members. So please, lets try to keep things going in a respectful civil manner, instead of seeking fault/insult or condemnation with one another.

Cheers gents Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Rockwall likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:21 pm

Thanks Kon,
T04

Its all good
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down