Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra

3 posters

Go down

New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra Empty New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra

Post  Michael Hermes Thu May 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi There, I was recently walking in the bush near Canberra and found an old brass cricket buckle. I have tried to contact Brian who I believe has written a book on these things . Does anyone know how I can get in touch with him ? I also tried to download his PDF [ 1200 pages !] but I couldn't figure it out. Not sure I need a doc of that size anyway. Grateful for any advice. Happy hunting

Michael Hermes

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra Empty Re: New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra

Post  soldier of fortune Thu May 21, 2020 7:21 pm

PM sent .

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra Empty Re: New member Mike looking to contact Brian in Canberra

Post  brianincnb Thu May 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi Michael,

A member(thankyou!) got in contact with me, and directed me to your message.

yes, pdf is large, due to the number of pics, which I've tried to keep to reasonable size so the detail can be seen in the pictures. It won't automatically download, but with the web browser, have to do a 'save as' or 'download'.
I use firefox, and when I open the document, you'll get a "Couldn't preview file" message below the 1st page. Up in top right corner , you'll see what looks like an arrow pointing down to a tray. thats the download link.

I'd be very happy to see what you've walk across, its great to see if any new designs found. Some can be dated, most can't(just an approx I give of 1865 -+ 5yrs) and some can be tied back to historical events.

Cheers -Brian
brianincnb
brianincnb
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down