Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A word of warning if you are venturing out.

+2
moredeep
Axtyr
6 posters

Go down

A word of warning if you are venturing out. Empty A word of warning if you are venturing out.

Post  Axtyr Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi all.

I got out yesterday and faced a rather unique dilemma that I hadn't even thought of.

Driving home from Talbot along the Western Highway I that know where I can stop if I need to. The East Ballan Mobil and the BP just after Anthony's Cutting. Well with the traffic I was not able to get into the BP servo and I was getting desperate to go. No worries, the Deer Park turn off was only a little further on.

By the time I got there I was sure I was going to drown in my own vehicle, I was praying for a Sham Wow to soak it all up.

Anyway, I identified the Shell servo across the intersection and waited for the lights to change. I drove into the servo to much relief until I was told there were no toilets there and I should go to the Hungry Jacks across the road. More time waiting at the lights. When I got to the door there, they had a sign stating that the toilets were CLOSED because of the Covid-19.

I walked to the BP next door and it was the same. I think the guy could see the look on my face and he let me use them so long as I put the witches hat back blocking the toilets off.

So a word of warning; don't rely on ANY of the toilets being open at any of the service stations along the highways and freeways. Be prepared. Take a large bucket or plenty of adult nappies, chamois, or anything else that might come in handy. And especially of air freshener.

Good luck out there.

Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

A word of warning if you are venturing out. Empty Re: A word of warning if you are venturing out.

Post  moredeep Fri May 15, 2020 8:28 pm

GEEZ mate a horrible end to a perfect day,a nappie may be ok for number ones but I shudder at the thought of number twos affraid
I carry a spare plastic bottle for such an occasion ,that is if your talking about number ones, DONT try it for the other V04

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

A word of warning if you are venturing out. Empty Re: A word of warning if you are venturing out.

Post  Sharkbait Sat May 16, 2020 11:47 am

Thanks for the heads up Axtyr..pretty bizarre when a simple toilet stop becomes your worst nightmare affraid

I always carry a handy solution for if i ever get caught short in the bush (sit down jobbie T05 ) But i doubt i would get away with pulling this out in a Macca's car park V04  V08

A word of warning if you are venturing out. Dsc_0210
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Sat May 16, 2020 4:01 pm

So, a few years back wife and I went to Srilanka.
Anyway we had to catch a bus to our next destination, but the only way to do it was to get up at 3am for a bus that may be leaving sometime between then and 5:30am. So, as I don't like an early morning at the best of times, I had requested coffee as part of my morning snack pack put together by the "hotel" I was staying at. So that coffee was about 2 liters worth!!! Laughing
When the bus finally took off, about an hour into the journey, I started to get the urge to pee. No problems I thought, we will be stopping soon for a break. All of the bus journeys I had been on there stopped every 2 hours for 15 minutes or so, but not this bus. This bus didn't even stop to let people on or off, it was still rolling during this!!!
So about another hour passes by and by this time I worried as I really need to go. I was eyeing off the doorway thinking if I have to I'm just going to have to go up there and do it on the run!! Then finally the bus stops, but only one or 2 people get off and the bus is waiting for them. I asked someone if the bus was staying long and they indicated no. As English was not a strong point of the driver I indicated to the guy next to him what I needed to do. They ended up letting me off(middle of a town) to just pee in like a little drainage creek next to the road. There was a guy cutting bamboo down there, I didn't care one bit! That was the longest and best pee ever!! The bus driver started to tease me by pretending to move off and tooting and the passengers thought it was all hilarious!!
Needless to say I didn't request coffee before a bus trip again! Very Happy

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat May 16, 2020 6:40 pm

I was at the Tassie airport waiting to come back to Vic with the better half,I had bought her an extra large chai latte,went down a treat.
Now boarding was the call ,as you do at airport one tends to panic and rush to get on board.
Upon take off down the xtra large latte kicks in, that was the longest 15 minutes b4 the seat belts signs went off,never seen her move so quickly What a Face
Needless to say that it's been an ongoing joke at her expense to this day,

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun May 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Some beer bottles to go in would have been good, and I had visions of Dumb and Dumber.

Tomorrow I will be heading along the Calder Highway and hope I don't end up with the same problem.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu May 21, 2020 6:11 am

Bloody hell im glad I don’t live in the city’s 2 min from town and ya humped up under a tree 🌲 pick in hand bog roll in the other 👍 and not a car to be seen

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

In Cairo and a couple of hours at the hotel before the run to the airport. Being a tea drinker I had a pot of tea and three cups. And, it being rather warm,another pot and three more cups of tea. Then off for an hour's drive to the airport except for the traffic and it became an hour and a half and getting desperate. So driver stops, mid afternoon, in a busy main street, thousands of pedestrians and he tells me to pee against a wall. So, I tried, with people streaming past but couldn't manage to open the tap for sheer embarrassment. Almost another hour of extreme discomfort before arriving at the airport and rushing for the nearest loo.

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down