Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noisey gpx5000

2 posters

Go down

noisey gpx5000 Empty noisey gpx5000

Post  wheelie23 Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 am

Detector was running fine but yesterday went out and it was noisey. Turned it on done normal start up, ground balanced, but every time i swing it screams no matter where i am. every swing it screams.
any suggestions on what it could be.
checked all the leads, is there some thing that can go wrong all of a sudden in the dectector.
any help would be great thanks
luke
wheelie23
wheelie23
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

noisey gpx5000 Empty Re: noisey gpx5000

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:40 am

Try a different coil, at least that can help to isolate the problem if a different coil runs ok, if it still does it, try changing the power lead from detector to battery, if it still does it you may need to send it in for a health checkup.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  wheelie23 Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 pm

turned out to faulty coil is there anyone on here can fix it or know some one who can
thanks luke
wheelie23
wheelie23
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:31 pm

wheelie23 wrote:turned out to faulty coil is there anyone on here can fix it or know some one who can
thanks luke

That's good at least it's not the machine, what coil? ML, NF, or CT, sometimes the maybe repairable. Is the coil sill under warranty, if so send it manufacture for repair or replacement.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:11 am

I had a brand new coil which exhibited a similar fault.

It turned out to be a single strand of wire in the plug into the detector which had escaped solder allowing it to make intermittent contact with its neighbour.
An annoying fault, but in the end, an easy fix.

I think faulty coil plugs and wiring can be the major cause of detector problems. I have noticed many people when changing coils simply unscrew the knurled keeper nut then "yank" the lead to unplug.......can't do the wiring any good.
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down