Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting.

4 posters

Go down

7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting. Empty 7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting.

Post  nero_design Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:04 pm

I just saw a commercial for tonight's THE PROJECT (on Channel 10) and they ask the question:
"Do you want to find gold? We'll show you where to find it."

They then showed pictures of some Gold Nuggets up close - so this appears to relate to Prospecting for gold in Australia.

It should be on in another hour and a half.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting. Empty Re: 7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting.

Post  nero_design Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:58 pm

7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting. Screen12

Some pretty awful screengrabs.

There was very little of an educational theme on this show tonight.
It was mostly the hosts of the The Project trying to outdo each other with tacky innuendos.

Shameful journalism on every level.

The only suggestion about finding gold appeared to be "go to Ballarat" because they used to find gold there.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting. Empty Re: 7:30pm TONIGHT on The Project television show - Gold Prospecting.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Thanks Nero for the follow up, I missed the segment on TV, but by the sounds of it there was not much to it anyway, but a couple of nice chunks of gold though.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:23 pm

That picture is of the grounds outside the Ballarat greyhound track. I drive past it everyday on the way to work and home again. The only thing they will find is dog nuggets because that is where everyone walks their greyhounds .

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:35 pm

That was very little about nothing much. Not sure what the point of it was supposed to be.
   The entire show is just 4 or 5 self  righteous self appointed experts trying to outdo each other...Sort of like when you have a few comedians together; One tells a joke and the others each in turn try  to come up with something more stupid/funnier.
   There is one bloke who looks and acts like a white supremist and a woman (I think it is a woman) who disagrees with everything everybody else agrees with and then there is w....naaaah I won't go there.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Very pitiful show.
But they did show that nugget being found on the lawn area, just detect and pick up.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:51 am

I guess that bit of the show was "tongue in Cheek"..or somewhere.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Thankyou Nero

I missed it, but i dont think i missed much Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:33 am

People see these shows buy a detector and go to the bush , expecting its some sort of magic wand, wave it around a few times and huge gold nuggets will appear from the earth like magic, instead they find its hours of hard work digging in the heat and flies and sweat and nothing but a new rusty nails and junk so they decide the whole thing is a con and sell the detector on ebay . They don't realise how hard it is to find gold.

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm

hotrock wrote:People see these shows buy a detector and go to the bush , expecting its some sort of magic wand, wave it around a few times and huge gold nuggets will appear from the earth like magic, instead they find its hours of hard work digging in the heat and flies and sweat and nothing but a new rusty nails and junk so they decide the whole thing is a con and sell the detector on ebay . They don't realise how hard it is to find gold.

If that's the case, then someone out there has paid for that to be on TV so they can sell the gear. scratch

That's like that clown on PA who sold the forum for $$$
So he could be rich and now someone from Sweden owns it making even more $$$ scratch

Back to top Go down