Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wireless headphones for gpx4500

3 posters

Go down

wireless headphones for gpx4500 Empty wireless headphones for gpx4500

Post  yellowmellow Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:57 pm

hi all like to know if there is such a thing as wireless headphones to use on a gpx4500 I am interested in buying a pair please let me know I live in Melbourne too thanks tim
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

wireless headphones for gpx4500 Empty Re: wireless headphones for gpx4500

Post  Guest Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi Tim
How are you today?

I found these
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/deteknix-w6-pro-wireless-headphones/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 am

Hi Tim

Jens got the right idea, the Deteknix headphones I have not tried as I don't like large headphones but I have bought and used the Deteknix Wire Free WR Wireless kit, which you will see at the bottom of the page, I have used it on the gpx4500, sdc2300 and Sovereign Gt from time to time, one of the biggest problem with wireless stuff in the past has been signal lag, which is the time between the coil responding to the target and the sound coming out of the headphones, having tried other types of wireless systems that are cheap to set up you soon find that the lag is annoying, with these Deteknix ones it is barely noticeable at all with a 0.06 seconds delay.

The wire free wireless kit comes with a transmitter and a receiver, in the case of the 4500 I just plug the transmitter in and slide it under the left had side of the control box cover so it stays out of the way, (if you are right handed or vice versa if you are a lefty, better to have the transmitter as close to the receiver as you can) if you don't use a control box cover just put Velcro on the back of the transmitter and a piece on the side of the control box so that it stays safe and out of the way, you can just detach it for when it needs charging, the receiver you can either attach on to your harness or put it in your pocket or side pouch where you can plug your headphones in to it, I have found that lightweight behind the neck headphones of ear buds are better, with he 4500 if you want it completely wireless you would have to mount a battery on the detector say with the minelab small sized battery and cover with pouch or one of the Woody li ion camera battery set ups if you can get one.

They have a good run time and I have used them for 4-5 hrs without needing to recharge, but I would put them on charge say at lunchtime for the afternoon session just in case, both the transmitter and receiver both come with a usb cable that you can use to charge them up with in the bush through a 12v usb socket, you can either hard wire a twin usb outlet into the car or just use a twin bayonet type socket that goes into the cigarette lighter socket, in short they are very easy to use

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrob Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Tim,

I'm sure the  Deteknix headphone wireless set up is just as good but I went the Minelab Pro Sonic route & I'm wrapt.
I bought one for my 4500 & one for the wifes SDC. They are brilliant & I would never go back to being attached to the 'tector.
To use with the 4500 you have to have the battery attached to the detector (which I already was doing). I use the full size battery & have no troubles swinging it for a full day.
HTH.

Rob.

hotrob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

wireless headphones for gpx4500 Empty wireless headphones

Post  luckyeddie Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi Tim, I bought a wireless set called Oxygen audiio, the headphones are not bulky and have on and off plus volume control in the headphones.
They have a high frequeny dongale jack which goes into the battery which transmittes to the headphones, A good set up as it works quiet well and there isnt any delay on target response. I bought them off stinky pete at daisy hill , Maryborough. Hope this helps. I think he works under Detek.

luckyeddie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-03-08

Back to top Go down