Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noticed differences since the GPZ 7000 software update.

2 posters

Go down

Noticed differences  since the GPZ 7000 software update. Empty Noticed differences since the GPZ 7000 software update.

Post  slimpickens Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi all, I haven't been able to test the the GPZed since the software update, (other than a quick half hour.)

So I am wondering, has there been any positively noticeable difference's' since the update?

Any improvements?

Any changes you don't consider an improvement ?

Any changes you consider detrimental to the Zed?

Is it physically easy to find and implement the updates?

If you could list any definite change, good or bad  it would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Harry.

Noticed differences  since the GPZ 7000 software update. Bow-do10 GPZed  Detecting Very Happy

Last edited by slimpickens on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Noticed differences  since the GPZ 7000 software update. Empty Re: Noticed differences since the GPZ 7000 software update.

Post  Guest Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 pm

There's one positive I know of.

The software update didn't ZAP THE ZED V48 V49

Back to top Go down

Noticed differences  since the GPZ 7000 software update. Empty Re: Noticed differences since the GPZ 7000 software update.

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:03 am

g'day slim.
yer mate i have noticed a few diffences since the last upgrade.  all positive T01  minelab.

i noticed each time i checked with the ferrite and doing the octopus dance, the retained setting with the SEMI AUTO MODE remain totally silent.  so i have left it as is of late and havent bothered to do the dance.  me T22 . possibily,  but i will keep an eye on what happens, as my machine is running beautifully at the moment T17

also .... with the V03  running so well, i have been tackling old spots and cleaning up the tiddlers that i missed before Q29  did i just admit that.
some of these spots are very noisy, difficult to balance on and i just the other day noticed something that is not in the rule book. ......
with my machine running hot in highyield, normal, sensitivity 18, target volume 12 and up to 16, threshold off, ie at 1, smoothing off, max volume at my permanent setting of 6, and with all apologies to all you experts out there that now know i am crazy but  Q30  this is what i do to balance the machine and i can get it as quite as a mouse ----  keep off the quick track button, pump the machine up and down to do a balance, if you cant get it to be quiet during this operation, then while doing it, slightly move the coil a couple of inches to one side and complete your attempt.  it works for me Its all good

give it a try you victorians, i heard a whisper you have some hot ground down there ... kev  Very Happy

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down