Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noticed something since the update?

2 posters

Go down

Noticed something since the update? Empty Noticed something since the update?

Post  slimpickens Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm

When I first started using the Zed, I was safe in the knowledge that I could put it in the "Extra Deep" setting and I could avoid most of the shotgun pellets. Since updating the GPZed, I now ping them all the time in "Extra Deep." Which I now feel makes "High Yield" and "General" almost obsolete. I still use "High Yield" to try and find a specie when I'm walking over a large quartz patch, but that's about all. Has any one else noticed this?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Noticed something since the update? Empty Re: Noticed something since the update?

Post  alchemist Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 am

Thanks Harry for the heads up, I'm going to check it out the weekend after next, when I'm in the goldfields V11

alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Noticed something since the update? Empty Re: Noticed something since the update?

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:05 am

T10  Sounds like you may have used the 2300 update.

Captn

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:15 am

Captain Zero wrote:T10  Sounds like you may have used the 2300 update.

Captn

Dammit, I think your right Captn. Q24

That Professor Candy sure has a warped wicked sense of humour. Twisted Evil   For our entertainment, he's also thrown into the update a program that finds percussion caps by the bucket loads! They now make the same sweet sound as a 1 grammer at 4 inches, thanks Bruce! Mad  

Noticed something since the update? Img_1917
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:48 pm

G'day Harry,

I have only been out with mine 2 times for only about 2 hrs max since the update, but I did notice the Bird shot seemed a lot sharper while running it in H/Y. Sorry I didn't try it in Extra deep, but I will next time I go out for a swing and yes I agree those percussion caps give off a sweet sound, even before the update I noticed. Congrats on your finds as well. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down