Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean Up Your Parks Day

Go down

Clean Up Your Parks Day  Empty Clean Up Your Parks Day

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 pm

The Central Goldfield Branch is having it's annual "Clean up your Parks day" this Saturday 19th. with Parks Victoria. We are now into our 3rd year doing this event. This year we are looking about cleaning up parts of the Maryborough Regional Park. Starting time is 8.30am at the Ripple restaurant on the Maryborough/Ballarat Rd. finishing of with a BBQ put on by Parks. Everyone is welcome. So bring your family and friends, your trailers, rakes, shovels, hat and gloves. It's a great day and helps to keep our parks that little bit cleaner. You don't have to be a member of the PMAV to join in.

Back to top Go down

Clean Up Your Parks Day  Empty Re: Clean Up Your Parks Day

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Our "Clean Up Your Parks Day" has hit the local Maryborough News Paper today. Not a bad write up.
wombat Wink
Clean Up Your Parks Day  News_p10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Wow Bill..  awesome Q38

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Well the Central Goldfield Branch had their "Clean Up Your Parks Day" today. The weather was great but a little disappointing in regards to attendance numbers even after all the publicity in news paper and on the internet. Only 7 turned up including Rob Brouwers from Parks Victoria. But even with this small number we achieved our goal by moving about 3-4 ton of rubbish. We met at 8.30 am at the Ripple Restaurant right next to the Goldfield Reservoir, and worked the Maryborough Regional Park till about 12.30 / 1pm. This area is also a goldfield so it gave us a chase to look around. I came across a Legless Lizard about 14" long. At first I though it was a baby snake. But Rob Brouwers told us what it was and that they are harmless. It's good to have Parks with you some times. After the clean up Parks put on a great BBQ for us all. As you will see by the photos, what sort of rubbish we were finding. It was a combination of new and old. I did also find a couple of freshly dug detector holes. This really pisses me off. Why can't they just fill them in again when their finished. It only takes a couple of seconds.
wombat  Wink

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010811

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010814

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010812

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010810

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010815

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010816

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010813

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010818

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010819

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010817

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010821

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010820

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010823

Clean Up Your Parks Day  P1010822

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Most of that rubbish would of been taken to the TIP if they had no fee dumping. Sorry I forgot there is still pigs out there that have no consideration for other.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:11 pm

geof_junk wrote:Most of that rubbish would of been taken to the TIP if they had no fee dumping. Sorry I forgot there is still pigs out there that have no consideration for other.

Geof do you know that every rate payer in Maryborough and the Central Goldfield Shire get's 8 free tip passes per year. So there is no excuse.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:53 pm

G'day Bill,

I wish to apologise for not attending the clean up day as I ended up going back to the Doctors. As you know I am still not over the dreaded flu bug.

Regards.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Geez Bill.. you done it again.. Q15

Good one to show some of us prospectors aren't just in for the golden reward..
We actually care for the bush..

Congratulations to all those attended to help clean up / take that rubbish to the tip.. Q38

Sorry I wasn't there.. but you know me lol!

Back to top Go down