Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUCCESSFUL PMAV CLEAN UP OUR PARKS DAY

Go down

SUCCESSFUL PMAV CLEAN UP OUR PARKS DAY Empty SUCCESSFUL PMAV CLEAN UP OUR PARKS DAY

Post  Lynnie1966 Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 pm

We are home - Exhausted, but very very happy with the results of our combined Bendigo, Ballarat & Clunes branches putting in the hard yards on Saturday for our clean up our parks day - 28 in total for our branch including two members of Parks Victoria. Ballarat & Clunes attendance was 18 members  Very Happy  Very Happy

Both wombat, Bryan Robilliard and myself were overwhelmed with the generosity and help put in by all three branches. Environmental reporter for Bendigo Advertiser spent some time with myself, David Major Parks Victoria and all of our members -Our story has already gone to print. Our branch collected 6 ute loads and 4 trailer loads of general waste & steel.

I would like to thank Parks Victoria for picking up the tab of two large tandem loads of general waste to the Eaglehawk Landfill. It got to the stage that our 6 cubic metre waste bin would overflow, so Parks chipped in and took two tandem loads to the landfill. Keeping to our five groups, we went back out to collect more steel, so that the waste was kept to a minimum.

End results were, three quarters full for our steel skip. I would like to thank all our members who attended - To my husband, Mark Hindle, thanks for your support over the last few months this has taken to put together - Luke Atkins, Terry & Kerryn Lucas, Trish N Claude Delafontaine, No Set Destination, Greg Ferguson who helped me with the safety aspects of our clean up day, Greta Raadsveld, Kenneth David Smith, Sam Zisimopoulos, Mark Baldwin, Ron Milley, Mark Craig, Rob Ackroyd, Francois & Francine Gilbert, Peter Huygen, Lennie Anderson, Grant Pascoe, Dean Healey, Bill Brownfield and Greckie for supplying us with the BBQ -We then kicked off with our Christmas breakup, held at the veranda in the Notley camping ground. A big Thank You again to Parks Victoria, SITA Australia & Bunnings Kangaroo Flat and Safeway Epsom for your gift voucher...

Cheers

Lynnie Hindle
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down