Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 inch Super Goldsearch

+4
goinbush
Detrackozi
sandy2010
shandeemax
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

8 inch Super Goldsearch  Empty 8 inch Super Goldsearch

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:07 am

how would a 8 inch Super Goldsearch Metal Detector Coil go on a gpx 4000?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

8 inch Super Goldsearch  Empty Re: 8 inch Super Goldsearch

Post  shandeemax Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:17 am

In a word - deadly!! (I assume you mean the mono?) Really good on small stuff but still has surprising depth on bigger bits & as a bonus you can swing all day without bungy & the arms not tired at all.
Cheers, Andy
shandeemax
shandeemax
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:33 pm

I assume this is the same as the 8 Inch commander - I picked up my spanking new my 8 inch Round Mono Commander Coil last week - its hooked up to the 4500 and ready to go What a Face

As shandeemax said Deadly - I also have heard good things about this coil and I can't wait to try it bounce bounce bounce bounce come on the weekend..

Back to top Go down

Post  sandy2010 Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:54 pm

We have an annual (club) prospecting camp with an attendance of about 60 members.......one chap in his late 60s uses a s/goldsearch 8" coil on his 2100....he takes out the prize for most nuggets found every time......and you can imagine the number of detectors and coils that are used by that number of people!!!

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  sandy2010 Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:55 pm

We have an annual (club) prospecting camp with an attendance of about 60 members.......one chap in his late 60s uses a s/goldsearch 8" coil on his 2100....he takes out the prize for most nuggets found every time......and you can imagine the number of detectors and coils that are used by that number of people!!!

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:05 pm

I love the 8" commander...if it had boobs I'd marry it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Gday

The 8" minelab mono is a great little coil, I have a couple of them and always take one away with me, mine are the earlier super goldsearch type not the later commander one, but I would guess that there would be little difference in them.

As I have told earlier I have detected pieces at astonishing depths with these coils, and will always go to this size coil if the area I am working is restrictive, such as in spinifex or rubbly ground, or working creek beds, also they are good for working rubbishy areas for small gold.

I have also used it for patch hunting rubble strewn hillsides as you can get it into all the nooks and crannies and close to the ground between the rocks and boulders.

They can take a little getting used to on some machines as they are super sensitive and will get you digging all manner of noises, but once you get used to it you will find that your gold tally will increase on flogged ground and that you can swing it for hours on end as they weigh very little.

cheers

stayyerAU

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 pm

madtuna wrote:I love the 8" commander...if it had boobs I'd marry it!
lol...i'm just trying to work out if to go a 14"mono or go a 8"mono. i will end up with both sooner or later but wich one first.....the gold where we are at the moment is not deep so i'm thinking the 8"...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 pm

madtuna wrote:I love the 8" commander...if it had boobs I'd marry it!

Nice thought md you silly bugger - but those things will get you in trouble - Believe me I know LMAO Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:29 pm

got to agree with Stayer...brilliant in trashy areas where you can seperate multiple targets right next to each other.
Suprising depth for its size too. Mine paid for itself in the 1st 15 minutes of putting it on.
Spot on about the noises too...I found slowing my swing speed right down helps there...It does tend to make you dig a few more hot rocks though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:41 pm

I have run the 8" on my 2100 since I got the 2100 new and have found 43 oz's so far with the 8" and 3-1/4 of that was with the 2100 and the rest was with my 3000

If you what to get for a day and come home with gold in your pocket then use the 8" and hunt down the gold and the way gold is these days getting hard to find then the 8'' is the go.

I had gone though three 8'' coils and dozens of skid plates over the years

I should add that a few years back I took the 2100 out for a walk at Castlemaine and walked onto a 5 oz's Patch
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  goinbush Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:47 pm

hey Stoppsy have to agree with Tuna and Staayer very seldom take the 8" commander mono coil off. ive tested 11" mono with very close to the same result only a little more depth with not as much sensitivity ,love this little mother, by the way im running the coil on a modded 3500 blows me away cheers Goinbush

goinbush
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 pm

the fun off trying to hunt an 8" mono down....no luck so far pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

might have to go a 6" mono coil insted

Back to top Go down

Post  spack98 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm

ya can get a 8" DD super gold search coil cheap as
works great on my moded gp extreme
super sensitive and goes deep aswell
definately does pick up the hot rocks tho
spack98
spack98
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:02 pm

spack98 wrote:ya can get a 8" DD super gold search coil cheap as
works great on my moded gp extreme
super sensitive and goes deep aswell
definately does pick up the hot rocks tho
who asked you spack lol! ...i'm going to go a mono, might have to go a 6" tho very hard to find a 8"...have sent a few emails out so hope someone has one...be good to get one befor we go out detecting on sunday...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:04 pm

finaly found a shop that sells them, just hope there in stock....Mono Coils
8" round $215
11" round $245
15" x 12" semi elliptical $335
18" round $375

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Hey Stoppsy. The 8 inch mono is great on small gold and flogged areas, however i saw your post mentioned you did not know whether to get an 8 or a 14 inch coil. If you do not have any medium or large mono coils and only the supplied DD?, i would actually opt for a 14 inch coil first. It will find small gold (not as small as the 8 inch) but it opens up alot more depth to you and will provide you an opportunity to find deeper bigger pieces.

The 8 inch mono coil is great but a 14 will give you acres more ground coverage in a day and better odds of bigger deeper gold. The 8 inch, although good, does have a depth limitation.

If you want to hang mainly on the diggings and spend alot of time finding the runs of really small gold along reef lines (of which there are many still left) then get an 8, but if you want to move off the diggings and search around alot i say get a 14 first.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 am

Tributer wrote:Hey Stoppsy. The 8 inch mono is great on small gold and flogged areas, however i saw your post mentioned you did not know whether to get an 8 or a 14 inch coil. If you do not have any medium or large mono coils and only the supplied DD?, i would actually opt for a 14 inch coil first. It will find small gold (not as small as the 8 inch) but it opens up alot more depth to you and will provide you an opportunity to find deeper bigger pieces.

The 8 inch mono coil is great but a 14 will give you acres more ground coverage in a day and better odds of bigger deeper gold. The 8 inch, although good, does have a depth limitation.

If you want to hang mainly on the diggings and spend alot of time finding the runs of really small gold along reef lines (of which there are many still left) then get an 8, but if you want to move off the diggings and search around alot i say get a 14 first.

Tributer
thanks for that tributer, i'm just working the diggings at the moment that's why i was thinking the 8" but i do head away from them after awile. i'm on a mates farm and there's a bit that still has the diggings and i have found a few good bits on them, but when i head out to the paddock i'll be needing a 14" coil.... my mate spack98 have some vids up off him hitting a good patch. he has a gp extreem full modded with a 8" coil, he found a 2g about 10" down wich was a pretty good pick up.

that's why i'm thinking i might go a 8" for starters then get enough gold (fingers crossed) to get a 14" to go back over it all to get the deeper stuff....does that sound silly?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 am

No Stoppsy your logic is OK...unless you are working a run or patch in which case just be sure that no one else gets to swing a good sized coil over it before you do. And tell your mate he should edit out images of horizons, erosion gullies and tree-lines from his videos lest the spot be recognised by the poachers.
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:39 am

that's a good point, but they would be lucky to get on there or even find it...but you never no i supose.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:43 am

Sorry the typing up of the video comment was a bit blunt. I meant it to be a friendly point only(in case it was not considered when the video was shot). Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 am

it's good when people can say what they wont and helps others, you made a good point about the video shots tho just incase someone see the vids and see something that does give it away....but the rain we have had has made the grass shoot up so might have to wait for the hotter weather come and kills the grass off a bit, just so we can get closer to the ground with the coils..

Last edited by stoppsy on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 am

Stoppsy,

Call Nuggets from down under at mudgee. They have one I spoke to them today.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 am

chopppacalamari wrote:Stoppsy,

Call Nuggets from down under at mudgee. They have one I spoke to them today.

Dicko..
thanks you heaps that's awesome your a legend dicko....
cheers mate
stoppsy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm

8" Minelab Commander mono The price is $215.00 new that's pretty good price

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:43 pm

How did you go? Did you get it?

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm

going over to bendigo tomorow or friday to get one, can't wait to get it and try it out on the weekend

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Good luck. That'll be awesome on that patch of yours.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:14 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300456383791&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next