Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ7000 refund

+26
G.B.
Goldfields Explorer
Narrawa
Alan WA
Shinegold
Basada
Canned Heat
slimpickens
ozgold 041
Jack outwest
Swinger
Inhere
Cal
AraratGold
Martin R
goldchaser
goldnomad
aussiedigger
chris68
Doofus
bundy06
Jims Gold
Undertaker
CostasDee
AU_Toe
Reno Chris
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GPZ7000 refund Empty GPZ7000 refund

Post  goldnomad Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:38 am

As I understand it, If you buy a 7000, the money goes directly to Minelab and then Minelab pays the dealer a commission.

So, how do you go about returning a 7000 and getting a refund? Surely Minelab would have to approve it first?

Has anyone on this forum successfully obtained a refund or personally know someone who has?

Just interested as I can;t see how it can happen without going through the legal system

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 refund Empty Re: GPZ7000 refund

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:42 am

Robert hi
Under what circumstances do you think Minelab would want to issue a refund?
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:39 am

If you use a credit card, you don't need to go to anyone except your CC provider, its called a 'Charge Back' Smile
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:08 am

ACCC wrote:

Businesses that provide goods—by selling, leasing or hiring—or services to consumers in Australia must comply with the consumer guarantees.

Generally, if the problem is minor, the seller can choose whether to remedy the problem with a replacement, repair or refund. If you choose to repair and it takes too long, the consumer can get someone else to fix the problem and ask you to pay reasonable costs, or reject the good and get a full refund or replacement.
If the problem is major or cannot be fixed, the consumer can choose to:
*reject the goods and obtain a full refund or replacement, or keep the goods and seek compensation for the reduction in value of the goods.
A purchased item has a major problem when it:
*has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it
*is significantly different from the sample or description
*doesn’t do what you said it would, or what the consumer asked for and can’t easily be fixed.

Consumers’ rights are not limitless and the consumer guarantees do not require you to provide a remedy unless one of the guarantees has not been met.
For example, you may not be required to provide a remedy if a consumer:
*simply changes their mind, decides they do not like the purchase or has no use for it
*discovers they can buy the goods or services more cheaply elsewhere
*has damaged the goods by using them in a way that was unreasonable

You would need grounds for a refund but the seller would still have to comply with the consumer guarantees. I would assume that they would still want to contact Minelab prior to any refund though?

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:07 pm

As I understand it, If you buy a 7000, the money goes directly to Minelab and then Minelab pays the dealer a commission.

I cant speak for Aussie dealers, but that's not how its working in the states. Dealers are forking out some serious dollars to purchases GPZs then selling them to their customers as per normal operations. Dealer buys it for less than he sells for and the difference is his profit.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Hey RC

Reno Chris wrote:I cant speak for Aussie dealers, but that's not how its working in the states. Dealers are forking out some serious dollars to purchases GPZs then selling them to their customers as per normal operations. Dealer buys it for less than he sells for and the difference is his profit.

You should be asking Minelabs for a 'Floor Plan' that is the typical way motor trade & IT hardware sellers work in OZ, dont know anything about Minelab dealers in Oz are doing Smile

What I used to tell Toshiba, IBM, Acer etc. when I sold IT hardware was if your PCs / Servers are so good, then I want a few on the 'Floor Plan' - If Minelabs thinks their gear sells itself they should have no problem with that !!!
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:01 pm

If you live in S.A. they will swap a box but they won't refund. You bring in the box you're not happy with and they will exchange it for another box someone else has returned. Win Win!
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Undertaker wrote:If you live in S.A. they will swap a box but they won't refund. You bring in the box you're not happy with and they will exchange it for another box someone else has returned. Win Win!

How's this a Win Win situation Undertaker? You're returning something that you're not happy with and exchanging it for something else that someone else isn't happy with...sounds like Lose Lose to me.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:35 pm

I concede.. you make a good point there Costa!
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:08 pm

Anyone returned one? Sad

Anybody? affraid

Must be several of you according to "informed" reports. Shocked

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:14 pm

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 pm

To quote ACCC "doesn’t do what you said it would, or what the consumer asked for and can’t easily be fixed."

Minelab's sales pitch " GPZ will open up the goldfields again". Presumably this is justification for the outrageous price.

Sounds like grounds for a class action to me. If any other members feel the same way, I'm in.

With additional coils it may (or may not - yet to be seen) open ground as per the sales spiel, but this is beside the point. The product was initially marketed with one coil. IMO Minelab has pushed their marketing strategy into the realm of EMOTIONAL/FINANCIAL BLACKMAIL. I would wager the majority of owners are in two minds as to whether to keep it and wait for more coils (again at an exorbitant further cost), or cut their losses now and trade back to GPXs. Personally I have never been so ambivalent over a detector. If more coils were included in the initial cost of 10.7K AND they lived up to claims - I would not have an issue.

IMO we have been conned into a position of 'in for a shilling, in for a pound'.

Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jims Gold Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:44 pm

Cal wrote:To quote ACCC "doesn’t do what you said it would, or what the consumer asked for and can’t easily be fixed."

Minelab's sales pitch " GPZ will open up the goldfields again". Presumably this is justification for the outrageous price.

Sounds like grounds for a class action to me. If any other members feel the same way, I'm in.

With additional coils it may (or may not - yet to be seen) open ground as per the sales spiel, but this is beside the point. The product was initially marketed with one coil. IMO Minelab has pushed their marketing strategy into the realm of EMOTIONAL/FINANCIAL BLACKMAIL. I would wager the majority of owners are in two minds as to whether to keep it and wait for more coils (again at an exorbitant further cost), or cut their losses now and trade back to GPXs. Personally I have never been so ambivalent over a detector. If more coils were included in the initial cost of 10.7K AND they lived up to claims - I would not have an issue.

IMO we have been conned into a position of 'in for a shilling, in for a pound'.

I'm in.
Jims Gold
Jims Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:56 pm

It's called "False" advertising. If it doesn't do what the manufacturer states it will do, then best of luck and prove it.
We might have laws but it doesn't mean they will protect you.
I got no connection to ML or other makers, I'm just sick of the BS.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2015-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Just to clarify what I have said, make sure of your facts before taking action and asking for a refund.  It might have been inferred that a big nugget was found with the 7000 but legal argument will say otherwise.  Do you really want to enter into a legal argument in court ??
Now it's just my opinion but the 7000 and as far as my limited intelligence tells me, it was grabbed at by the same people who grab at the proverbial straw.
So if it's not living up to expectations then your bank account is $10,700 lighter but if it is living up to expectations, then we surely will see a lot more gold finds, soon, maybe or maybe not.

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:52 pm

Deleted, wrong thread.

Last edited by icepick on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:16 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote: not having any testers talk about the gpz 7000 says a lot about the machine.

And you wonder why Testers dont sorry I'll correct that, couldnt giva hoot about posting anything at this forum the way they get treated here

Grow up, Buy one or dont, get over it plain and simple , no one is forcing you or anyone else to buy one in the 1st place
It does work in a storm with zero EMI
It does find left over gold the GPX dint see
The depth its finding color at is no match for the 5000

the list goes on , it will take many months for owners to find the potential "G" spot its all part of the learning curve

If you dont like what you have bought why the heck did you buy it in the 1st Place ???

Marty

Last edited by Martin R on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Yes Uncle Bob, the price and the fact that it was only the third type of gold detecting technology to be introduced in approximately 40 years were the primary reasons I purchased early. With 30+ years detecting experience I have no need to ‘grasp at straws’. I would have thought it a prudent move to ‘keep up with technology’, after all ,introduction of the previous two technologies (VLF & PI) certainly opened up the goldfields.

As for a lot of gold finds appearing soon, I doubt very much it will happen. All testing over quality test pads have shown without exception (to my knowledge), no significant improvement in detecting capability above GPX/aftermarket coil combinations. This is far from ‘opening up the goldfields again’. Pretty straight forward and easily demonstrated. As with any new machine, a previous closed window will open, resulting in some new gold being seen, but this is far from a quantum leap, we are not talking about model updates, but NEW TECHNOLOGY MARKETED AS SUCH, AND PAID FOR ACCORDINGLY.

My network does indicate some nice finds in parts of Queensland (likely soil related), followed by some nice specimen gold in the West, and as far as Victoria, NOTHING of significance on a commercial scale.

Minelab has gone close to the limits on previous marketing, but this episode is way over the top due to price and lack of transparency.

Human nature dictates that IF additional coils do open vast areas again, all current disappointment will vanish, but for present owners trapped in indecision, this is irrelevant. My first post in this thread describes my argument here.

There is plenty of information out there by now (mostly discontent). No report (even one particular field tester) has been able to conclude superior depth over what can currently be achieved via either the 2300 or GPX/coil combos. Any test pad will show the same.

To me it appears there may be a case (at least on ethical grounds). I’m serious about a class action, provided this thread is not pulled, and enough interest is shown. I’m no legal expert, maybe someone here is. Maybe a no win no pay firm may be interested.

I look forward to further discussion.

Cheers Cal

PS Martin; as I mentioned, this was marketed as New technology that would reopen the goldfields, not a current tecnology upgrade - there should be no need to find its 'G spot' as you put it it. The advantages you list are a pittance both for the cost and against the marketing claims. I have outlined the reasons why I bought it - to make it simpler - Firstly on new technology marketed as a huge leap, secondly Minelab's reputation for quality product, and thirdly the high cost seemed to justify the claims. Nobody forced me, but somebody certainly traded their reputation to con me - I trust you are old enough to know the difference.

Last edited by Cal on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

GPZ7000 refund Empty Re GPZ7000 Refund

Post  bundy06 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Well spoken Marty
Greed overcomes intelligent thought maybe?
I am busting my butt to buy a 7000,why because I like to find gold it is a great hobby also if your lucky enough
you could make a "Quid" for your old age. That's my problem I'm at old age and a pensioner and that is why
I struggle to outlay that amount of cash,so I will sit here and read what people that have bought the machine
will say and make a judgement as to if or when I buy,BUT it is 100% my call and no-one else is to blame.
I have bought a few Minelab Machines since I started detecting in the early 90ties and I have found gold
not as much as a lot of other wand wavers and I also have met some great people and am having a fantastic time
into the bargain what more could you wont, as that "wanker" once said life was not meant to be easy.
Cheers all:cheers: cheers cheers
bundy06
bundy06
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Doofus Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Martin R, testers are hired by a company. Very rarely is it done for free. If any of the testers would like to state otherwise then do so.
But, so far we have a lot of written reports but little video evidence to back up the claims,
What annoys me the most is, we see what the 7000 has found but not an acceptable comparison if the 5000 could have found the same target.
YES, it is early days but I just can't see anything exceptional with this new machine that an experienced operator can't do with a 5000.
5000 = more coils and more settings and salt
7000 = 1 coil and no salt

what next ?

Doofus
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Doofus wrote:Martin R, testers are hired by a company.  Very rarely is it done for free.  If any of the testers would like to state otherwise then do so.
But, so far we have a lot of written reports but little video evidence to back up the claims,
What annoys me the most is, we see what the 7000 has found but not an acceptable comparison if the 5000 could have found the same target.
YES, it is early days but I just can't see anything exceptional with this new machine that an experienced operator can't do with a 5000.

what next ?  

And if you did your research , you would have come across a post that the JP made where he challenged any 5000 users v the Z
There are ways around the salt mode as well if you had kept up with whats being posted around various forums
As for comparisons I think you will find that most had of loaded the 5k before the Z came about ((I sure as heck did ))

Videos you say ! who in their right mind is going to post their finds , I for one wont be no way in hell

Jst keep swinging your 5000 she'll be right Mate Wink

The color is still out there just swing a coil over it

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:30 pm

I think we are going t see some cheap 7000 s on the market soon. T10

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiedigger Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:34 am

Martin R wrote:
Doofus wrote:Martin R, testers are hired by a company.  Very rarely is it done for free.  If any of the testers would like to state otherwise then do so.

what next ?  

And if you did your research , you would have come across a post that the JP made where he challenged any 5000 users v the Z
There are ways around the salt mode as well if you had kept up with whats being posted around various forums
As for comparisons I think you will find that most had of loaded the 5k before the Z came about ((I sure as heck did ))

Jst keep swinging your 5000 she'll be right Mate Wink

The color is still out there just swing a coil over it

Marty

Videos you say ! who in their right mind is going to post their finds , I for one wont be no way in hell Q15

ad...
aussiedigger
aussiedigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:51 am

Chris IMO we won't see a flood of cheap 7000's YET. I for one, and I strongly suspect many other owners, are presently being held hostage to the hope that further coils will be game changers, and are keeping their 7000's accordingly.

This is the whole point I'm trying to make. As introduced to the market, they have not been a game changer. IF further coils do make a difference, then why wasn't Minelab honest up front and introduce USABLE game changing technology at the full price, so that the consumer immediately knew what the cost would be to participate (ie for example 13 or 14K with 2 or 3 coils). Instead they adopted what I see as underhanded blackmail tactics, offering the consumer a 'palatable' price of 10.7K, while keeping them in the dark over further costs of required additional coils (even these are yet to be proven!).

Surely the ACCC would be interested.
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:10 am

........Arrow

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:33 am

I'm the expert as you say , dont think so we are all in the same boat gota walk before you can run , take up JP's offer
I'm happy with my Z
If your not sell it Q03

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:02 am

goldnomad wrote:As I understand it, If you buy a 7000, the money goes directly to Minelab and then Minelab pays the dealer a commission.

So, how do you go about returning a 7000 and getting a refund? Surely Minelab would have to approve it first?

Has anyone on this forum successfully obtained a refund or personally know someone who has?

Just interested as I can;t see how it can happen without going through the legal system

Robert

OK. Let's get back on topic shall we?

Judging by the posts here NO-ONE HAS HAD A REFUND AND NO-ONE KNOWS ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A REFUND!!!
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:11 am

Laughing

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:34 am

I agree with you Marty to a point......if I owned a 7000 I would not wish to see anything in print that may devalue my investment decision and would defend it as vigourously as you........even if I must enter denial....
I still have an open mind however Cals' experienced unemotional response to his personal findings, plus a growing band, must carry weight....apart from you telling us "you are happy with your Z".....I'm happy with my mother in Law....I have to be...I don't have the sale option... bounce .....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Are you blokes for real? Class action?
If it doesn't suit you why don't ya sell it and carry on with your business,you out to prove something or find gold?
We had a few nuggets that would of been walked over with a 45 that the zed pulled me up on,it performs a little better then a gpx,some signals (gold) we could see 30-40% increase in signal id say. It doesn't suit our circumstances at the moment sadly.
If i was in vic i reckon it would be my best chance of finding deep gold,reckon that big coil will punch deep.
Don't mean to be disrespectfull but you guy's with your test beds,why hang around a test bed havent you got gold bearing ground to put it over?

Martin have you had it in a storm? I have,zero emi in a storm is BS im sorry,its way better then a gpx but not immune to it.
Martin put it in severe ground settings,wind gain down to 8 then walk onto a salt lake with it,hope ya got some ear plugs with you lol! lol!

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next