Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy with my GPZ, so far, but...

2 posters

Go down

Happy with my GPZ, so far, but... Empty Happy with my GPZ, so far, but...

Post  Axtyr Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi all.

Had my ZED since July 11th and been successful on 3 of the first 5 trips. My best nugget with it was yesterday at 29.5 grams after cleaning the ironstone off. I was surprised with all the hype about the ferrite ring that it didn't come with it when I purchased it and had to pick it up during the week.

I have found it a little chirpy at times still but I am happy so far. The only problem I have found is with the Wireless Module. I have tried using it over the past couple of weeks and found that I stopped receiving the signal about 25 metres from the detector and then started receiving the signal again when I got within 15 metres of the detector again. The main problem I have found with it is that it tends to lose the signal quite often for a very split second.

Yesterday I played around with it. I have kept the unit in the top section of my camelback hydration pack where I also keep my GPS. This time I moved it to the lower pocket of the camelback which contained only my glasses and was about a foot closer to the detector and it still did the same. So as a last resort I clipped the unit to the strap on the camelback and it worked flawlessly. It appears that my unit at least doesn't like being in a bag. I have noticed that some of the members on this forum have canvas bags to put the units in and was wondering if they interfere with the signal.

Your thoughts please.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Happy with my GPZ, so far, but... Empty Re: Happy with my GPZ, so far, but...

Post  Redfin Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm

Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down