Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Much Chatter

+11
argibargi
kevlorraine2
rc62burke
Reno Chris
AraratGold
Jack outwest
Digginerup
Qld Sandy
goldquest
artrix
ichi-ban
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not Much Chatter - Page 2 Empty Re: Not Much Chatter

Post  AraratGold Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Jack outwest wrote:
ichi-ban wrote:QS,

There are fortunate 7000 owners that have good machines, no doubt about it. But there are many that have bad ones. Mine has just returned from ML after having a bad joint resoldered and 2800 bucks worth of new parts fitted to it. Now, it can be argued that mine was "one in a million" but I don't believe that for a couple of reasons.

First, we get told by Minelab that "this machine is different, it's different technology, it has a new GB method, it needs this switch on and that one off,,,,,,,,,but only when that switch is off as well as that one, reset this every ten minutes but only after you've used this little yellow ring thing etc, etc." People with noisy machine are totally confused by it all. The things I've been told to try by ML and others in the last couple of months would fill a small book. With the benefit of having been repaired, all of them can now be seen to be so wrong that it isn't funny. My 7000 was a heap and the repair sheet proves it. It's becoming obvious that others are now becoming apparent after being bamboozled by ML.

Second, it was only my 30 odd years experience and intuition that told me my machine was defective. Most people won't have that level of experience and feeling. That again has been proven by the items on the repair sheet.

Just because there's no news doesn't mean its all good news. A lot of operators are only just now waking up to the knowledge that there is something wrong.

Sheeze I’d be ropeable if that happened to me , the thing is ‘ how in the hell did that dud get through  quality control  ?   scratch

Unfortunately Jack, as I've stated on Finders Forum, Minelab / Codan just don't seem to give a damn, and are penny pinching to maximise profits !
It is also equally clear that it is being run by people who are not prospectors because despite many complaints by many people over many years, they still supply detectors with shafts that are too bloody short for most of us, poxy $50 headphones, and cheap and shoddy battery chargers / accessories.

The outer sheath on my flimsy charging lead that they supply to charge the GPZ wireless module has split away from the plug at both ends after only 3 months of only home use. I now use a USB lead from an external hard drive which is 50% thicker with proper moulded plugs. It came standard with the hard drive that cost less than a hundred bucks !

The feet on the GPZ could only be described as flimsy, at best, and not up to the rigours of real world prospecting. FFS Minelab, haven't you ever heard of high impact plastic, or better still, you could have used lightweight aluminium for the feet !

Whilst I am rapt with the performance of mine, I am not at all happy with the crappy bits they have supplied with it. For the price of a small car, you would expect a lot better !

Whilst Minelab produce the very best detectors for gold hunting in terms of performance, and my GPZ is a pearler, some of the other aspects such as ergonomics and QC leave a lot to be desired !

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 am

This thread reminds me of the days early on in the sales of the 7000 where so many here were saying the testers have not posted anything, and yet there were posts all over to those who would read them. My apologies if we Yanks have not posted enough on the 7000 to meet your expectations. I bet most of you can figure out how keen we are here in the states to meet all of Adrian's expectations! (who is he?) Laughing
There are lots of guys out using the 7000 in the states and getting some nice gold. If they want to post or not, that is there choice. Not many Aussie prospectors post every nugget they find either.
One thing you all should remember is that our seasons are opposite yours, and many gold fields in the states are blisteringly hot right now (Although not Alaska). I was out recently hitting some known areas in Nevada with my 7000 ( I came back in partly because temps were getting up close to 40 C and expected to rise above it).  I went to several well known locations and was popping out nice gram sized pieces and smaller. I ended up with 10.9 grams for 3 days. All of the gold actually came from the first two days.
I went to a spot shown me by a mate a few years back, but at that time it was pretty well cleaned out. There were a dozen or so prospectors and we went out there as a group, no one got anything back then as it had been well cleaned (the gold was spread over a fairly large area and there was room for a dozen guys to work). I went out with the GPZ on this most recent trip and hit 3 nuggets in only a couple hours - none of which, in my opinion, could have been found with earlier detectors. Steve Herschbach was there with me and he got gold with his 7000 too.

Not Much Chatter - Page 2 Nevada12
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:20 am

Hi All
Here is a photo sent to me by Kevlorraine to put up here for your viewing,
Nice gold mate
Not Much Chatter - Page 2 June%202015%20099_zpss9thyok1
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

thanks lee for putting that photo up for me.

a reminder - its the 72.4gram piece that i "jagged" in black soil while heading to the bottom of red stony soil below a known gold area. (all detailed earlier above).

the specimen 6.4gram was found about 12 inches down in amongst heavy grass that is now not so thick due to the drought in clermont qld. its taken me fourteen years to get a crack at that area, gotta be more there

the other 113 pieces, biggest 2.2 and smallest somewhere below .05grams made up the 40grams of "bread and butter" for the trip, at the expense of hunting for new ground ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Not Much Chatter - Page 2 Empty Why bother post pics of finds

Post  Basada Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi All The amount of gold being got by operators with (GOOD) 7000 would be quite substantial. I for one would be here all day putting pics up but im not. No need. I know how good it works. I gave you all my opinion after the first 5 ounces of gold it got. I even told you all the negatives with this detector. Anyway you forum members make your own minds up and leave me to my gold collecting. Very Happy

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  argibargi Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 pm

ichi-ban wrote:Dave,

Pls see the other thread (chatter thread) about "keeping it in Manual". Seems like it could be a winner

only new here and reading quick. Is "keeping it in manual" a fix of an inherent design fault or an alternative operation as per manual.

It seems ML are very fortunate to have sold these $10,700 faulty detectors to people who seem overly civilised.

If i buy a 10 thou + gpz7000 and it arrives in my hands as a faulty unit, i would get a little angry and green)

argibargi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Hi argibargi,

As a new forum member try to read as much as you can.Absorb as much info as you can.Look you tube videos of 7000.

You might get a feel about the detector and it capabilities.

I am sure that we have all seen some design faults in many detectors and we would love to see them made different.
Equally all of them have find heaps of gold.

There are many members who are happy with the machine.

Good luck.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  argibargi Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks again golden.

Still looking, but ;

i ask myself is the gpz7000 worth the investment considering the gpx models would have hammered the gold fields.
Then i think, considering the amount of money they`re asking, you would assume the gpz7000 would give you more than a mediocre advantage.

So far, from what i have read, the technology is great but its to late coming to make a real difference. The technology is an interesting alternative to PI thats for certain. Sure it will find gold but nothing extremely beyond a gpx5000/sdc2300.

I reckon this 40% advantage is great marketing because in a sense its true but in reality it would make very little difference. I havent particularly noticed anyone finding nuggets that a gpx/sdc would miss. So where is the proof to qualify the price, is it the fantastic ground balance? and sensitivity?

So should i be considering 2 for less than the price of one.

Realistically i think so! for the moment anyways))

argibargi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am

I have rejoined the forum to set the record straight.
It is clear to me that a comment I made in a reply in this topic “Not Much Chatter” has offended one or two other members to the extent that they accused me quite savagely of being Racist.
I believe that my comment was misinterpreted but never the less I offer my very genuine apology to those people who were offended, no disrespect was intended at any time. I have no control over how my comments will be interpreted but at least now I know to keep my big mouth shut in regards to any comments at all that might even remotely hint at culture, Race and morality.
I hope that my apology will be accepted and I can assure all those concerned that nothing of that nature will ever happen again.
If I am allowed to remain on the forum I will be taking a back seat from now on.

Adrian SS
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4364
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:21 am

Reno Chris wrote:This thread reminds me of the days early on in the sales of the 7000 where so many here were saying the testers have not posted anything, and yet there were posts all over to those who would read them. My apologies if we Yanks have not posted enough on the 7000 to meet your expectations. I bet most of you can figure out how keen we are here in the states to meet all of Adrian's expectations! (who is he?) Laughing
There are lots of guys out using the 7000 in the states and getting some nice gold. If they want to post or not, that is there choice. Not many Aussie prospectors post every nugget they find either.
One thing you all should remember is that our seasons are opposite yours, and many gold fields in the states are blisteringly hot right now (Although not Alaska). I was out recently hitting some known areas in Nevada with my 7000 ( I came back in partly because temps were getting up close to 40 C and expected to rise above it).  I went to several well known locations and was popping out nice gram sized pieces and smaller. I ended up with 10.9 grams for 3 days. All of the gold actually came from the first two days.
I went to a spot shown me by a mate a few years back, but at that time it was pretty well cleaned out. There were a dozen or so prospectors and we went out there as a group, no one got anything back then as it had been well cleaned (the gold was spread over a fairly large area and there was room for a dozen guys to work). I went out with the GPZ on this most recent trip and hit 3 nuggets in only a couple hours - none of which, in my opinion, could have been found with earlier detectors. Steve Herschbach was there with me and he got gold with his 7000 too.

Not Much Chatter - Page 2 Nevada12

HI Reno Chris.
You asked "Who is he'? (Adrian Ss)
I am nobody realy, just another prospector who has been metal detecting and gold prospecting since 1960. I have experience with a wide range and number of metal detectors and have written a few field tests and built a few tectors, Other than that I am nobody.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:25 am

Digginerup wrote:agree that there are plenty of pro prospectors out in the hard country who don't even know the forums exist.....and some of them are very dark skinned and ya gotta wonder how they got themselves a 7000??
Adrian  No there you go again, Rolling Eyes  what a pitiful hollow little man you are, frankly adrian I find your thinly veiled racist remarks increasingly repugnant, No  why is it you feel the need to belittle others to make yourself feel better, can your redneck self not feel any self worth without attempting to incite racial jealousy against others, how ignorant are you really to have to question someone's right to ownership of commonly available property based solely on the fact  that "some of them are very dark skinned", as some of this forums members will no doubt be, what a dull world it would be if only populated by dim witted keyboard bound peckerheads such as your self, I sincerely doubt whether you have the visceral fortitude to challenge these "dark skinned "peoples ownership directly when and if you encounter them face to face, and if you do I sincerely hope they shove that worthless infinity that you are always babbling on about sideways so far up your piley old ex navy ass that your one remaining tooth pops out and you choke on it.

Wayne. cheers

Sorry mate. I donot have a piley old ex navey ass. I have a piley old ex RAAF ass. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:43 am

argibargi wrote: The technology is an interesting alternative to PI thats for certain. Sure it will find gold but nothing extremely beyond a gpx5000/sdc2300.

G'day argibargi

I guess you are not the argibargi from years ago that I know and have meet, as he would know the answers that your asking.

Anyhow, I know for sure the 7000 can and in fact does find gold the 5000/4500's cannot see and have left in the ground.

I also know the 5000/4500's have done a very good job in getting gold and in some places the 7000 has trouble finding any left behind, in other places there seems for whatever reason a good amount left behind.

It's up to yourself to decide what detector you want to get and use, good luck with whatever you decide.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:48 pm

I didn't know that was so easy to rejoin this forum, you can say enything and offend everybody, quit the forum and re join the following day and everything is ok. Congratulations   managament you have lost me, I don't want to be associated with people like Adrian ss.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Bushpig wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
Digginerup wrote:agree that there are plenty of pro prospectors out in the hard country who don't even know the forums exist.....and some of them are very dark skinned and ya gotta wonder how they got themselves a 7000??
Adrian  No there you go again, Rolling Eyes  what a pitiful hollow little man you are, frankly adrian I find your thinly veiled racist remarks increasingly repugnant, No  why is it you feel the need to belittle others to make yourself feel better, can your redneck self not feel any self worth without attempting to incite racial jealousy against others, how ignorant are you really to have to question someone's right to ownership of commonly available property based solely on the fact  that "some of them are very dark skinned", as some of this forums members will no doubt be, what a dull world it would be if only populated by dim witted keyboard bound peckerheads such as your self, I sincerely doubt whether you have the visceral fortitude to challenge these "dark skinned "peoples ownership directly when and if you encounter them face to face, and if you do I sincerely hope they shove that worthless infinity that you are always babbling on about sideways so far up your piley old ex navy ass that your one remaining tooth pops out and you choke on it.

Wayne. cheers

Sorry mate. I donot have a piley old ex navey ass. I have a piley old ex RAAF ass. Very Happy

SS you are a disgrace to the uniform and if I ever see you out Anzac Day wearing any gongs I will rip them off you and expose you for the filth you are.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
I left the RAAF with an exemplary conduct and service record after 20 years.
You are totally new to this forum with almost no contributions  and you know 100% nothing about me so keep your uniformed comments to yourself.
If you do not want anything to do with me then don't.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Guys,I know some of you are a bit angry/upset of what's been said,or how things have panned out,but,It is not easy to rejoin this forum if you'v been banned,for we do our best to keep banned members out,regardless of what other guise one might think of disguising themselves in.I do believe Adrian ss was not banned,but pulled out of the forum on his own accord. Besides,I make rash judgements at times,hasty mistakes,who doesn't? Its all part of being human.It is the person who can acknowledge their mistake and goes out of their way towards correcting it,is the better human being,are they not? Lets all stop trying to find fault in one another and show some respect towards each other,for man was not made to be perfect,but was given a constant battle,in striving towards it.
Adrian,once again,do watch how you phrase you're comments. Q22

Cheers Kon.T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:05 pm

goldquest wrote:I didn't know that was.
So easy to rejoin this forum, you can say enything and offend everybody, quit the forum and re join the following day and everything is ok. Congratulations   managament you have lost me, I don't want to be associated with people like Adrian ss.
Hey Goldquest, 
Please don't be so negative and be of good cheer Very Happy
Adrian has said sorry . Peace be with you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 pm

GOLDEN wrote:Adrian SS,

I don't mind having a good conversation and listen other opinion about any topic.(and argue the point or my point of view).

Equally i don't accept your racist remarks.There is not room for it here and anywhere else for that matter.

GOLDEN wrote:We as moderators have to edit and deal with many type of unacceptable posts/remarks/replies.

I am not going to edit your remark.

I will leave that to you and you better be fast.

Correct your post and apologize or go where you come from.

If you do not know the way i will show it to you my way.

GoldEN or simply Enio as many know me here.

Thanks.

I believe that my comment was misinterpreted but never the less I offer my very genuine apology to those people who were offended, no disrespect was intended at any time.

I hope that my apology will be accepted and I can assure all those concerned that nothing of that nature will ever happen again.
If I am allowed to remain on the forum I will be taking a back seat from now on.

Adrian SS

After my post Adrian SS was not banned.He took an easier option and left (fast).

As far as i am concerned he came back and apologized.Not many people   have ability to pass over their ego and apologize for their action.

I hear you goldquest (and many others who were equally offended including myself).

Sure we believe in second chances in this country of ours?

Lets be little bit more tolerant, forgiving, understanding and most importantly respect each other.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

We are all here for a same reason-to talk, find, breath gold.

Enjoy the forum.

Welcome back Adrian SS.Looking forward to you positive contribution.

Thanks,

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:12 am

Thanks for the acceptance fellas.
Phew! That was a close one. Embarassed
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:37 am

Yep you've apologized for your remark you state were misinterpreted though I fail to see how they can be interpreted any other way, but no apology for the disgusting foul words aimed directly at me. Yes I saw them before they were deleted.

Adrian, my turn to apologize.
I apologize that you get no 3rd chance with me. This is about your 4th or 5th time you've quit in a huff? and the 2nd time you've quit with a verbal tirade aimed at me.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:41 am

Fair enough mate although you did fire a pretty angry shot at me that cut deep at a time when I was not aware of doing any wrong and so the camels back broke.
I do not expect everybody to accept my apology. I will just have to go with that.
Yeah it is the fifth time I have taken a walk but it has usually been when I have copped a barrage of insults. I will be trying a lot harder to word my posts more carefully from now on. Life is too short to be making enemies at my age, although I am a lot fitter than how I portray myself on the forum.....Hell I reckon I have at least another ten years in the tank. Laughing
Underlying all of the comments I may have made towards you in the past I do have a lot of respect for you and your detecting and prospecting knowledge, especially in the real Aussie gold fields of WA.
I am often going on about how long I have been detecting and prospecting and stuff like that but right now I think i still have a lot to learn and you blokes and this forum is where I come to find the answers to my questions.

Cheers
Adrian SS
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Basada wrote:Hi All The amount of gold being got by operators with (GOOD) 7000 would be quite substantial. I for one would be here all day putting pics up but im not. No need. I know how good it works. I gave you all my opinion after the first 5 ounces of gold it got. I even told you all the negatives with this detector. Anyway you forum members make your own minds up and leave me to my gold collecting. Very Happy

Good to see you aint changed in years Steve , keep it up

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Not Much Chatter - Page 2 Empty They Sleep with their Zeds

Post  Basada Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Thanks Marty. I like to call a spade a spade not a shovel. If I thought the Zed was no good id be one of the first to say so. It has some negatives that I posted here on this forum. Some of those negatives can be overcome but by far the positives this detector has going for it outweighs the negatives The operators in my area that have Zeds all seem to be doing well. Some of them I think they love their Zeds so much they now sleep with them lol PS their wives are getting upset.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2