Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Much Chatter

+11
argibargi
kevlorraine2
rc62burke
Reno Chris
AraratGold
Jack outwest
Digginerup
Qld Sandy
goldquest
artrix
ichi-ban
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not Much Chatter Empty Not Much Chatter

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Not much chatter about the 7000 in the States.
Seems the main complaints are:

Too heavy
Too expensive.
Bad balance.
Only one coil
Other brand detectors work well in the US gold fields.
The 5000 rocks with NEL coils so why get a 7000>

There is only one question re the 7000 on one prospecting forum and it has received just 2 replies in 4 days.....Both negative.

Back to top Go down

Not Much Chatter Empty Re: Not Much Chatter

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:31 pm

adrian ss wrote:Not much chatter about the 7000 in the States.
Seems the main complaints are:

Too heavy
Too expensive.
Bad balance.
Only one coil
Other brand detectors work well in the US gold fields.
The 5000 rocks with NEL coils so why get a 7000>

There is only one question re the 7000 on one prospecting forum and it has received just 2 replies in 4 days.....Both negative.

Is it really THAT painful to know that many people are happy with their machines and are preferring to use them to find gold rather than crap on in the forums?

Must be.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm

I dunno. I was just stating what I have noticed while browsing the USA gold forums.
It probably makes sense because the iron mineralisation over there is not so bad in most places and so why upgrade to an expensive machine when the one you have got is working fine and finding gold.
Is anybody here using the NEL coils on their 5000? Are they as good as what the Yanks say they are? Are they good enough to cause you to not switch to the 7000.
Just curious because I am thinking of going for a second hand 4500, 2300 or possibly a 5000 but not for use in the WA fields, mainly VIC & NSW.

Last edited by golden on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted unacceptable racist remarks)

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm

QS,

There are fortunate 7000 owners that have good machines, no doubt about it. But there are many that have bad ones. Mine has just returned from ML after having a bad joint resoldered and 2800 bucks worth of new parts fitted to it. Now, it can be argued that mine was "one in a million" but I don't believe that for a couple of reasons.

First, we get told by Minelab that "this machine is different, it's different technology, it has a new GB method, it needs this switch on and that one off,,,,,,,,,but only when that switch is off as well as that one, reset this every ten minutes but only after you've used this little yellow ring thing etc, etc." People with noisy machine are totally confused by it all. The things I've been told to try by ML and others in the last couple of months would fill a small book. With the benefit of having been repaired, all of them can now be seen to be so wrong that it isn't funny. My 7000 was a heap and the repair sheet proves it. It's becoming obvious that others are now becoming apparent after being bamboozled by ML.

Second, it was only my 30 odd years experience and intuition that told me my machine was defective. Most people won't have that level of experience and feeling. That again has been proven by the items on the repair sheet.

Just because there's no news doesn't mean its all good news. A lot of operators are only just now waking up to the knowledge that there is something wrong.

JMO

I have a set of test results that were done prior to my 7000 being repaired and I'll be doing further "post repair" testing when I get back out around Leonora in a week or two. If anyone wants these initial test results, please drop me a PM with your email address & I'll send the tables. The results table doesn't seem to go well with text editors on forums, otherwise I'd just post them here now.

Last edited by ichi-ban on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra info)

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:53 pm

Adrian, if you want go for a second hand 4500 or5000 what you care about what the Americans think about the 7000.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:08 pm

ichi-ban wrote:QS,
Just because there's no news doesn't mean its all good news.

Often, you will find that defects or problems get reported, but the good results don't. I am getting feedback from quite a lot of customers and the vast majority are having good success, with the fastest results being people who have paid for their machines on old patches in just 4 days (more than 1 person), and bits up to a metre deep, but I'm not about to let facts get in the road. I have a couple of customers that won't even let others see what detector they are using on their spots and cover it up if anyone comes along, and that isn't because they are ashamed of it I'll add. V01

Hopefully yours will perform when you get it back. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:09 pm

So do Sandy, so do I!  Evil or Very Mad

Total amount found with my 7000 in 4 weeks?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,8 grammes, 5 grammes of which were in the top half inch. My wife found more with a 5000/11 inch combo - 17 grammes in 4 days and all deeper than mine.

I openly show mine to everyone but for the precise opposite reasons to your clients.

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:28 pm

HMMMMMM
"Not Much CHATTTERRRR " ????

BS the GPZ I have been using "Just Won't SHUT THE FUDGE UP" it will be another one heading back to "Dr Minelab" the coil is touch sensitive & goes off 'Like a Turkey on a rope" when you sit it on the ground & rock it from side to side or squeeze the webs together a little, all this 500k from home 1.5 days into a 10 day trip, "Not Happy Jan" at least I did not outlay the $10700 !!!!!!! there will be folks that want to shut this bad press down but "Fair Go" haven't there been enough failed coils to consider some sort of a recall??????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks Lee. It seems that an increasing number of owners are now coming forward thanks to the few that have shouted out. Nice to see "people power" at work. cheers

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:25 pm

rc62burke wrote:HMMMMMM
"Not Much CHATTTERRRR " ????

BS the GPZ I have been using "Just Won't SHUT THE FUDGE UP" it will be another one heading back to "Dr Minelab" the coil is touch sensitive & goes off 'Like a Turkey on a rope" when you sit it on the ground & rock it from side to side or squeeze the webs together a little, all this 500k from home 1.5 days into a 10 day trip, "Not Happy Jan" at least I did not outlay the $10700   !!!!!!!  there will be folks that want to shut this bad press down but "Fair Go" haven't there been enough failed coils to consider some sort of a recall??????

Hey Lee, you must have the only crook one in QLD, everyone is saying how good it goes up there, WA is a bit of a handful for the 7000, no doubt about that.

Mine is going better than before, but not as good as I hoped it would, the ferrite helps a lot and makes it more manageable, mostly have to use it in Manual GB (old fixed) to keep it under control.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Dave,

Pls see the other thread (chatter thread) about "keeping it in Manual". Seems like it could be a winner

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:

Often, you will find that defects or problems get reported, but the good results don't. I am getting feedback from quite a lot of customers and the vast majority are having good success, with the fastest results being people who have paid for their machines on old patches in just 4 days (more than 1 person), and bits up to a metre deep, but I'm not about to let facts get in the road. I have a couple of customers that won't even let others see what detector they are using on their spots and cover it up if anyone comes along, and that isn't because they are ashamed of it I'll add. V01

Any more details regards successes like the ones you mention with the machine would help fence sitters with a decision

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:29 am

hi qld sandy and others. i am happy to report my now several months old gpz7000 is working perfectly.
a few small nuggets at warwick in flogged ground with lots of shotpellets, kept me happy initially, then several weeks of testing in bad gold country here at gympie gave me a better understanding of the machine. i am now back from clermont qld, and can report -----

no, i didnt find any big nuggets deeper down or otherwise at any of my old patches. but i did find 114 smaller pieces that added up to 43 grams in total. as i know these patches well, i can be confident in saying my previous gpx machines would not have found most of them. naturally, some would have been missed targets, but most were just too small and too deept for my previous machine to "see". i can only hope - THAT I AM SO BLOODY GOOD AT DETECTING - that i got all the bigger bits previously. but i am old enough to know that my ego can take a hit and admit i am no better at detecting than most everybody else.
it all comes down to being lucky to score a machine that works well, and then the hard yakka of getting to know how to work your machine, and putting in the hours.
i did just that at clermont over two weeks, and after spending a lot of time flogging known patches to death to get the crumbs as mentioned above, i got frustrated with myself, left my mate to find his 5 micro pieces that day in amongst the grader blade pieces, went around the hill to virgin country for me, but where i had found a 5grammer last year on the last day of that trip.

HEY VIOLA i walked 125 meters to my first target in that area, it was loud, in BLACK soil, with lots of big cracks due to the dry weather, but i was in gold country (or, at least close to it) so i just had to dig this loud noise.
it didnt matter that i was running the z in general, normal, sensitivity 19, smoothing off, volume limit 10, target volume 15, and threshold at 19, thats right, no buzz level to be heard, i was not threshold hunting.

IT WAS A 72.4 GRAM BEAUTY DOWN OVER 12 INCHES, it screamed at me, i wonder how many others had walked away from this loud noise? i know some had, as there were detector holes around, filled in i might add, and i found plenty of rubbish targets around that couple of hundred meter area during my 8 or so hours searching for the big fellas mate. but none of the noises were as loud as my 72.4grammer, except for my mate who turned up later that arvo (after getting his 5 micro pieces)
he helped me flog the area, got a beaut signal, but there was another smaller sig nearby and he was worried it was rubbish, because of the two signals. he was right, it was a belt buckle down about 15 inches, all recorded on video, but so disappointing.

i cant manage this forums photo system, so if somebody could give me their email, i will reply to it and attach the photo, and they can put it up on this spot, thanks - my email address is my name, so i am reluctant to type it here, but if the moderators can help me out please.
moral of the story, keep your fingers crossed for a good machine when purchasing, yes there are duds out there. winge if you know you are badly done by, then get out there and continue enjoying your hobby... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:49 am

Hey Kev
Good write up mate!!!

" yes there are duds out there. winge if you know you are badly done by, then get out there and continue enjoying your hobby... kev "

Mate that last line of yours says it all, you have the right to complain when things go wrong !!!!!!!!!

I will pm you about the photos
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:06 am

agree that there are plenty of pro prospectors out in the hard country who don't even know the forums exist.....and some of them are very dark skinned and ya gotta wonder how they got themselves a 7000??
Adrian  No there you go again, Rolling Eyes  what a pitiful hollow little man you are, frankly adrian I find your thinly veiled racist remarks increasingly repugnant, No  why is it you feel the need to belittle others to make yourself feel better, can your redneck self not feel any self worth without attempting to incite racial jealousy against others, how ignorant are you really to have to question someone's right to ownership of commonly available property based solely on the fact  that "some of them are very dark skinned", as some of this forums members will no doubt be, what a dull world it would be if only populated by dim witted keyboard bound peckerheads such as your self, I sincerely doubt whether you have the visceral fortitude to challenge these "dark skinned "peoples ownership directly when and if you encounter them face to face, and if you do I sincerely hope they shove that worthless infinity that you are always babbling on about sideways so far up your piley old ex navy ass that your one remaining tooth pops out and you choke on it.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:08 am

Qld Sandy wrote:

Hey Peter
Mate it was just last year when the SDC was the new kid on the block "doing what all others had failed to do" there where plenty of folks including you & some of your clients who where reporting & showing your finds & others from all over this forum whom have gone quiet, my point is it was good enough to show the SDC finds but "NOW" its top secret just because its the GPZ, man I don't get it ?? it's not like everyone can get onto ground in the Towers area!! can they????

I know the GPZ is a great detector as is the SDC , (I have used them both !!!!) & all other Minelab PI units, it would in my opinion help folks contemplating the new unit if more folks put up there finds, lets face it we all like to see what gold is being found it gives us a little hope between hunts!!
Mate you used to post all "Gold" (most) you found on the other forum, why not show us what we are missing by procrastinating ??????

Not having a go at you, but I can see why people are putting up these questions as there is a very noticeable "Silence" in regards the GPZ opening up the "Goldfields" again as was stated in the ads.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:20 am

goldquest wrote:Adrian, if you want go for a second hand 4500 or5000 what you care about what the Americans think about the 7000.

Well I guess I care in that when the Yanks find a detector to be pretty good, well designed and value for money that thay are quick to say so but because I am a member of a few gold forums over there and have notice very little comment re the 7000 that I thought I would mention it here. just for interest sake.

Anyway the topic has prompted some interesting replies to date which is what I was hoping for.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:53 am

Thank you Wayne!! cheers

My late wife was one of the "very dark skinned" that Mr SS. detests.
I admit sometimes I wonder with the racism you so openly display Adrian, if the SS in your nick is some how tied to Nazi-ism???

You've also made your views clear on here "I hate muslims" -your exact words.  
One contributor to this forum, who makes a product many of us use must cringe when he read the crap you write. He is a muslim as probably are many others.

Think before you open your pie hole mate!

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:30 am

madtuna wrote:Thank you Wayne!! cheers

My late wife was one of the "very dark skinned" that Mr SS. detests.
I admit sometimes I wonder with the racism you so openly display Adrian, if the SS in your nick is some how tied to Nazi-ism???

You've also made your views clear on here "I hate muslims" -your exact words.  
One contributor to this forum, who makes a product many of us use must cringe when he read the crap you write. He is a muslim as probably are many others.

Think before you open your pie hole mate!

Agree totally the man needs to shut his mouth and stop infesting the site with such useless crap

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:33 am

to moderator jefgold - the golddetecting.forumotion.net does not accept emails via hotmail, with or without the squiggles at the front.

to rc62burke - the private email section in this forum does not have anywhere to attach a photo, so cant use that either.

i vowed some years back to not attempt the photobucket section again on this forum, as it drove me crazy trying to put up a picture. i must have used up all my grey matter learning the last couple of minelab detectors to have any left to learn photobucket. sorry fellas, but you know what gold looks like, you might just have to believe me ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:29 pm

kevlorraine2 wrote:to moderator jefgold - the golddetecting.forumotion.net does not accept emails via hotmail, with or without the squiggles at the front.

to rc62burke -  the private email section in this forum does not have anywhere to  attach a photo, so cant use that either.

i vowed some years back to not attempt the photobucket section again on this forum, as it drove me crazy trying to put up a picture.  i must have used up all my grey matter learning the last couple of minelab detectors to have any left to learn photobucket.  sorry fellas, but you know what gold looks like, you might just have to believe me ... kev

Hey Kev
Mate I sent you a pm with my personal email, do you have a private email account that you could use to send an email to my private email with photos attached, I thought you did have a private email scratch

No need to use any part of this site for the email, just copy & paste my email address to the send box in your email system
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:50 pm

[quote="Digginerup"]agree that there are plenty of pro prospectors out in the hard country who don't even know the forums exist.....and some of them are very dark skinned and ya gotta wonder how they got themselves a 7000??
Adrian  No there you go again, Rolling Eyes  what a pitiful hollow little man you are, frankly adrian I find your thinly veiled racist remarks increasingly repugnant, No  why is it you feel the need to belittle others to make yourself feel better, can your redneck self not feel any self worth without attempting to incite racial jealousy against others, how ignorant are you really to have to question someone's right to ownership of commonly available property based solely on the fact  that "some of them are very dark skinned", as some of this forums members will no doubt be, what a dull world it would be if only populated by dim witted keyboard bound peckerheads such as your self, I sincerely doubt whether you have the visceral fortitude to challenge these "dark skinned "peoples ownership directly when and if you encounter them face to face, and if you do I sincerely hope they shove that worthless infinity that you are always babbling on about sideways so far up your piley old ex navy ass that your one remaining tooth pops out and you choke on it.

Wayne. cheers[/quote]

Well said Wayne, but what did you expect from someone that have SS in his name, the color of the skin doesn't make any difference, the brain does.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:54 pm

[quote="adrian ss"][quote="goldquest"]Adrian, if you want go for a second hand 4500 or5000 what you care about what the Americans think about the 7000.
[/quote]

Well I guess I care in that when the Yanks find a detector to be pretty good, well designed and value for money that thay are quick to say so  but because I am a member of a few gold  forums over there and have notice very little comment re the 7000 that I thought I would mention it here. just for interest sake.

Anyway the topic has prompted some interesting replies to date which is what I was hoping for.[/quote]

No what you were hoping was to stir the sh..t, but it didn't work out.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:40 pm

Adrian SS,

I don't mind having a good conversation and listen other opinion about any topic.(and argue the point or my point of view).

Equally i don't accept your racist remarks.There is not room for it here and anywhere else for that matter.

We as moderators have to edit and deal with many type of unacceptable posts/remarks/replies.

I am not going to edit your remark.

I will leave that to you and you better be fast.

Correct your post and apologize or go where you come from.

If you do not know the way i will show it to you my way.

GoldEN or simply Enio as many know me here.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:45 pm

God help this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks and goodbye.

GoldEn

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 pm

[quote="rc62burke"]
Qld Sandy wrote:Hey Peter
Mate it was just last year when the SDC was the new kid on the block "doing what all others had failed to do" there where plenty of folks including you & some of your clients who where reporting & showing your finds & others from all over this forum whom have gone quiet, my point is it was good enough to show the SDC finds but "NOW" its top secret just because its the GPZ, man I don't get it ??

Let me make it clear for you then.

I defended the SDC because there was a lot of what I term "crap" poured onto it. It has become a very good seller and a perfect beginner machine, even though it has some minor flaws. Yes, minor and I will leave it at that.
So for defending the SDC and starting to defend the GPZ people thought I was only interested in pushing for sales. NEWSFLASH. Sales mostly come from people who have seen the machine in action and are aware that their own detector doesn't stack up in comparison.
When you get older you tire of the garbage that is written on forums, and lose interest in correcting or debating it. I am at that stage now and would rather sit back and let the misinformation, innuendos etc., slide right on by as it is not a bother to me at all. People also expect to get "proof" via videos or photos to prove that the GPZ is better.
NEWSFLASH 2. It aint happening from me. If people want to put up images etc, then all power to them, but they will be criticised and second guessed by the same old crew yet again. I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know of several larger lumps found in my area alone in the 5 ounce to 15 ounce range found with the GPZ7000 and have pics of some, and got to fondle others but you won't see them on a forum I'd suggest. The knockers are their own worst enemy.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
rc62burke wrote:
Qld Sandy wrote:Hey Peter
Mate it was just last year when the SDC was the new kid on the block "doing what all others had failed to do" there where plenty of folks including you & some of your clients who where reporting & showing your finds & others from all over this forum whom have gone quiet, my point is it was good enough to show the SDC finds but "NOW" its top secret just because its the GPZ, man I don't get it ??

Let me make it clear for you then.

I defended the SDC because there was a lot of what I term "crap" poured onto it. It has become a very good seller and a perfect beginner machine, even though it has some minor flaws. Yes, minor and I will leave it at that.
So for defending the SDC and starting to defend the GPZ people thought I was only interested in pushing for sales. NEWSFLASH. Sales mostly come from people who have seen the machine in action and are aware that their own detector doesn't stack up in comparison.
When you get older you tire of the garbage that is written on forums, and lose interest in correcting or debating it. I am at that stage now and would rather sit back and let the misinformation, innuendos etc., slide right on by as it is not a bother to me at all. People also expect to get "proof" via videos or photos to prove that the GPZ is better.
NEWSFLASH 2. It aint happening from me. If people want to put up images etc, then all power to them, but they will be criticised and second guessed by the same old crew yet again. I'm over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know of several larger lumps found in my area alone in the 5 ounce to 15 ounce range found with the GPZ7000 and have pics of some, and got to fondle others but you won't see them on a forum I'd suggest. The knockers are their own worst enemy.

Hey Peter
Mate it appears I may have annoyed you a bit??? this was not my intention, all I was trying to point out that there is a lot of silence on the matter of finds with the GPZ, when I know there must be a lot of folks out there finding good "Gold" I was not having a shot at you just pointing out your displaying of finds with the SDC & now none (that I can recall ) with the Zed, I totally understand you being over something like the crap!!
Personally I don't see the showing of finds to be "Proof" more so encouragement or sort of given one a little more justification one should spend some $$$$ on the GPZ, I think we can agree it is a bit of an outlay???

I for one would always buy from a dealer that is passionate about a product & actually uses it, you throwing your support behind Minelab on the forums just shows people you trust what you sell, I know you Tried the ATX & it did not stack up for you, we did not see you trying to peddle it on here for sales did we NO, you have credibility mate & we trust your input, your store is always my 1st point of contact when looking for gear.

Mate what I was getting at with my comments about your post's on the old forum, is that when I first started out I read every single one of your post's there ("Gold Today") & it gave me some hope on what I was embarking on in this new hobby I learnt a lot from your posts & enjoyed checking in on them!!!!!!! "Thanks for those post's" now lost unfortunately, so what I was really trying to do is to encourage a little more input, I guess I failed & whacked a "Wasp nest" instead, sorry mate if it came across all wrong I do that occasionally.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 pm

[quote="Guest"]God help this forum.

[/quote

Amen to that  Q10 ....And if your lucky he may he also help you to see a little clearer.... and rescue you from being a total V60

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:46 pm

There are fortunate 7000 owners that have good machines, no doubt about it. But there are many that have bad ones. Mine has just returned from ML after having a bad joint resoldered and 2800 bucks worth of new parts fitted to it. Now, it can be argued that mine was "one in a million" but I don't believe that for a couple of reasons.

First, we get told by Minelab that "this machine is different, it's different technology, it has a new GB method, it needs this switch on and that one off,,,,,,,,,but only when that switch is off as well as that one, reset this every ten minutes but only after you've used this little yellow ring thing etc, etc." People with noisy machine are totally confused by it all. The things I've been told to try by ML and others in the last couple of months would fill a small book. With the benefit of having been repaired, all of them can now be seen to be so wrong that it isn't funny. My 7000 was a heap and the repair sheet proves it. It's becoming obvious that others are now becoming apparent after being bamboozled by ML.

Second, it was only my 30 odd years experience and intuition that told me my machine was defective. Most people won't have that level of experience and feeling. That again has been proven by the items on the repair sheet.

Just because there's no news doesn't mean its all good news. A lot of operators are only just now waking up to the knowledge that there is something wrong.

Sheeze I’d be ropeable if that happened to me , the thing is ‘ how in the hell did that dud get through  quality control  ?   scratch
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next