Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive.

Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 am

Howdy fellow New South Welshmen,

I am going overseas in a few days, and as i don't speak mandarin, I expect to have a hour of time or so available most days. So, in this time i have decided I will put it to good use and try to compile my gold related data into an indexed and alphabetical word/pdf document. I have more than 25x A4 pages of info plus maps and coords etc. I have a few old reports to filter through plus other stuff I haven't even really looked at yet.

What I am asking for,

• Does anyone have data for NSW stored electronically (any format) that they are willing to share, for me to include in the compilation? (by dataI mean anything goldfield related, maps, co-oords, books old or new, web addresses, photos - absolutely anything)
  • PM me for my email address to send to

What you get in return,

• In return for your contribution, you will get a copy of the entire compilation on disk
  • The disk will never be made publicly available and will/is only to be distributed to those who contribute (with a reasonably satisfactory contribution required).
  • I expect there will several revisions in the years to come also.

I remember Detrackozi asking if people were interested in NSW data but I haven't heard anything in that regard.
I see this as a co-operative style offer and I hope it can be achieved with your assistance. Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Icon_idea

Cheers, Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty Re: Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive.

Post  Detrackozi Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:54 am

What you get in return,

• The disk will never be made publicly available and will/is only to be distributed to those who contribute (with a reasonably satisfactory contribution required).

Ferrous

Are you sure about that (and not just asking all to give up all there hard work to you so you can make a dollar of others) ? Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Icon_eek

Why can't you just give up what you already have to others first and if you feel that you need more then do what most just do keep researching till you think you have it all as that is just part of the hobby trying to get as much info as you can to get out there to put at play.

It's not easy to ask others just to give it all up on a hope you will give them what they may already have. Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Icon_redface

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty Re: Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Howdy David,

Thanks for your comments.

1. Yes, I admit the thought of making a few dollars crossed my mind at one stage, but in order to do that, any copyrighted information that I might wish to reproduce could get me into into financial trouble. Thus the limited and free distribution to those who contribute.
  2. Gold searching for me is a hobby, I would rather spend my time on detecting or sluicing than researching areas to look- if i got into the hobby 15 years ago, maybe i would have been a professional prospector. But for now, i prefer to be out there doing it than on the computer trying to gather info together.
  3. I think you may have missed the part where i see it as a co-operative offer. Because of this, I resent your referral that I may just be out to make a buck from other peoples work. I am one of the trampled on people in this world, why would I want to put other humans through the same misery I have endured? Do you presume to know me?
  4. If you put a decent compilation out, I would buy it from you. At a guess, you may have more info than anyone?!!
  5. Have you got a decent compilation you could sell me at a reasonable "don't tear off my backside" price?
  6. When you asked if people were interested in NSW info, I replied and said yes- it may have been in a pm- i offered you the info i had then in the interest of making the job easier for you or just to offer a helping hand. I didn't receive any replies at that stage.
  7. Anyone is welcome to what I have, the problem is, it is fragmented and that is what i am trying to avoid and tidy up via a compilation- ie a mess of different documents maps etc
  8. The only reason i wont post the bulk of the info i have is due to possible copyright infringement, having said that, i only have info that i have hunter/ gatherered off the net.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers, Ferris.

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I stand corrected, was my thoughts at the time & not my words.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Ferris

Just going by your PM to me

From ferrousfinder To Detrackozi, Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 pmHey Detrackozi,

Let me know re NSW cd and will buy straight away !!

Doesn't matter if its a bit rough, what i have now is a bit rough! (my own research)

Request money via Paypal to or send your bank details when ready and i will transfer.

Any chance of a discount?!!! Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Icon_biggrin
Often i think there is more money to be made selling the gear and info to find gold, than there is actually finding it!! Your onto a winner !! & time will tell.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ferris.

It would be nice to be able to get lots of money for all the hard work that you have to do to get the Info together and putting it together for all to use and I hope I could do just that but at this stage I am just putting a website together so that I can get some the Info I have onto it so that all can download what they like to use.

There is many out there have just been given and download info from others and dumped it onto CD and put it on E-Bay for a quick Dollar

I was a bit unsure about your PM so that why I did'nt get back to you and yours was not the only one PM and E-Mail come in all the time and some get lucky others I just sit on.

I hope once My website is up and running there will be somethink on there that you can use.

Good luck in the mean time with the help from others and hope you can post up to all to what you have and give out to all I would like to be one of them

Cheers
David

Last edited by Detrackozi on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty This is some of the info posted for everyone- see posts below.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Howdy,
As far as I know, there is no comprehensive compilation that covers NSW.
David, I assumed you were going to put out a CD for sale which is why I PM'd you.
It was well within your rights to ignore my PM.

David, from posts I have seen on this forum and other forum, you are well entrenched in the culture of gold detecting and have seemingly alot of info.

As far, nobody has posted any interest.

The apathy club is closed due to lack of interest.

Cheers, Ferris.

PS: can you please remove my email address from above post before it gets harvested by undesirable advertisers and the like- i have kept it spam free and wish to continue so.

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty removed due to copyright request.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:18 pm

removed due to copyright request.

So, not one response except for Detrackozi's.

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : gave up trying to locate all copyright content and axed the lot)

Back to top Go down

Compilation of NSW data. Contribute and you shall receive. Empty removed due to copyright request.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm

-TUB WKU.NO MAN.-On Tuesday night, a Maitland policeman delivered at the Receiving Watch-house a Chinaman, under the name of Tan Pong, with a warrant dated in Sydney the 26th July, for the apprehension of a man of that name, who had absented himself from the hired service of Mr. Cruikshank, at Wide Bay. He was yesterday brought before the Police Magistrate and Mr. Peek. There was no person in court who could identify the prisoner. On being questioned by the court he told them that his name, was not Tan Pong but Go Hoo, and that he was never in the service of any person

Back to top Go down