Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module)

5 posters

Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module)

Post  YibiDavid Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:26 pm

Was wondering if any other member has a problem with their Pro Sonic ( universal wireless audio system) The Receive Module has always worked ie charge it & the red led light comes on until it is fully charged then goes blue, however the Transit module has always been faulty ie no led light what so ever when charging. I rang the reputable dealer which I will not name & they told me if you don't charge them in less than 3 months they won't charge or work, unfortunately my warranty had run out before I contacted them so the dealer said he would replace the battery in it ( Transit module) for $50. This product was brand new but because I hadn't charged it in a few months of owning it, it was my bad luck.
Anyhow a few months had passed & I decided to send this Mielab dealer an email trying to support my case ie any product you buy that relies on charging its batteries regardless when you decide to charge the product if it doesn't charge then you can return it as faulty then most times they will replace it with another new one. Also i told him i thought it was a bit steep charging 50 bucks to change the battery in it. I also asked if the battery could be bought online so I could then replace it & probably save myself a few $s
Well they didn't reply & I was not happy that they ignored me. Here I was stuck with a product of $240 value that couldn't be used. I have always used ear phones & thought I would try this wireless one, especially during hot weather ( I live in Qld)
The saga still continues, I decided to write to Minelabs head office & put forward my case, well I received an email that same day from the General Manager who apologized ( who really didn't have to) said he couldn't believe the service or non service I had received from another Minelab dealer where I actually also had bought my 1st GP 5000 from.This chap was kind enough to send me another " Transmit Module" 2nd hand one for free. I end up going out detecting & trying this new system out, was great no pressure on my ears & the sounds were clear enough but not too loud as some people have told me. Sorry for such a long thread that might sound like I'm just a winger, but you wouldn't believe that I made sure I was going to charge Pro-Sonic within 2 months but guess what the friggin "Transmit Module" would not charge ie no led light ( again) I'm not going to contact the kind manager from Minelab head quarters anymore just put up with using ear phones, I've had enough running around & believe they are just faulty products with permanent problems.
Sorry for my negativity, I might just blame it on Cov-id
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

xmas tree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Re: Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module)

Post  deutran Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:49 pm

Try this David might sort your troubles.You can buy two of these and add your own amplifier for speaker connection.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284578326388 or https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/353811522311 (APTX low latency)
just  need adapters too like this etc.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324658705513?hash=item4b972ab469:g:nRIAAOSwNt1gvsNP&frcectupt=true

Last edited by deutran on Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module)

Post  YibiDavid Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:35 pm

Thanks for your advice Deutran, I have sent you a P.M. Cheers David
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Weak blue led on receive module. Great service from Minelab.

Post  hawkear Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:27 am

Had an out of warranty pro sonic and noticed that the blue led light was getting weaker and weaker to the point that it was barely visible and certainly not in daylight.
I emailed Minelab and they suggested some ideas as to what the problem was and suggested I post it to them. I sent it standard post from Victoria to SA and it arrived back express post within a week fully repaired.
Great service Minelab.
hawkear
hawkear
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2015-03-11

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Similar issue - resolved

Post  darrylv Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:32 pm

I had a similar problem with the transmit module not charging. I left it on the charger for a couple of hours and it eventually started charging and fully charged. If you need to replace and can buy a replacement battery, it's two small wires soldered onto the circuit board. Requires a fine soldering iron and a steady hand. Battery is held on with double sided tape

darrylv

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-04-03

Back to top Go down

Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module) Empty Re: Faulty Pro Sonic (Transmit Module)

Post  PeterInSa Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 pm

YD have sent you a PM

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down