Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

+13
Troopy
peterinaust
coreytroy
goldstrijk
rc62burke
goldquest
Qld Sandy
Digginerup
GoldHound
spinna
Jonathan Porter
bundy06
kevlorraine2
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion Empty "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Re: Correct harness set up

UTBN Today at 9:38 am

peterinaust wrote:Thanks I'll give that a try, a bit better balance? I haven't been out in the field yet, not until next month. just turned the machine on last weekend and getting the feel/settings/tuning.

Cheers
Hello Peter. Yes my method if followed will have your zed being perfectly balanced. When you do use it this way make sure you swing just using thumb and fingers. By doing this it will train you to adjust your Bungy cord on the fly and prevent unnecessary lifting of zed.
Wow I'm using really big words now.

The Above is a Quote from the "Closed section"

UTBN
Mate I have to completely "Disagree" with you on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is NO way that one can effectively swing the GPZ7000 with the thumb & forefinger Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad (unless on a concrete slab) come on mate stop being so "Misleading"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suspect Suspect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Anyone with an average level of intelligence must be scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch at your comments & to have the "Harness set that you contact it with your chin" Well???? Shocked Shocked Shocked that is the last thing anyone would want to do Sad Sad .

This sort of info can have inexperienced punters scratch scratch trying to work out what they are doing wrong.

UBTN how about you put up a video of you doing it this way over some average ground??????    I just don't see it working.

Last edited by rc62burke on Thu May 14, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did not add in the "Quote")
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion Empty Re: "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu May 14, 2015 2:34 pm

well this "below average intelligence" fella is going to stick to his guns RC,

its works very similar to useing a hipstick setup, i will keep being a renegade if it continues to work ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion Empty Re: "Correct harness set up" GPZ My Opinion

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Kev
Are you saying you use just 2 fingers to control the swing ????????? & what do you rest your chin on the harness??? Very Happy

Certainly need to see a photo or video or 2 to really understand what you blokes are doing scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
It is not that different to a GPX with a larger coil & I have never heard of anyone using this sort of technique????????????
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 3:59 pm

rc62burke wrote:Re: Correct harness set up

UTBN Today at 9:38 am

peterinaust wrote:Thanks I'll give that a try, a bit better balance? I haven't been out in the field yet, not until next month. just turned the machine on last weekend and getting the feel/settings/tuning.

Cheers
Hello Peter. Yes my method if followed will have your zed being perfectly balanced. When you do use it this way make sure you swing just using thumb and fingers. By doing this it will train you to adjust your Bungy cord on the fly and prevent unnecessary lifting of zed.
Wow I'm using really big words now.

The Above is a Quote from the "Closed section"

UTBN
Mate I have to completely "Disagree" with you on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is NO way that one can effectively swing the GPZ7000 with the thumb & forefinger Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad (unless on a concrete slab) come on mate stop being so "Misleading"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suspect Suspect Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Anyone with an average level of intelligence must be scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch at your comments & to have the "Harness set that you contact it with your chin" Well???? Shocked Shocked Shocked that is the last thing anyone would want to do Sad Sad .

This sort of info can have inexperienced punters scratch scratch trying to work out what they are doing wrong.

UBTN how about you put up a video of you doing it this way over some average ground??????    I just don't see it working.
Hey firstly I'm too busy digging gold to bother with a video ok. Secondly put your money where your mouth is mate. Carn wanna accuse me of being misleading. Let's have a bet. Don't be a coward mate. How much money are prepared to waged that you can swing zed with thumb and fingers regardless of terrain?

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

[quote="rc62burke"]Kev
Are you saying you use just 2 fingers to control the swing ????????? & what do you rest your chin on the harness??? Very Happy

Certainly need to see a photo or video or 2 to really understand what you blokes are doing scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch
It is not that different to a GPX with a larger coil & I have never heard of anyone using this sort of technique????????????[/quote]

Mate, but don't you have nothing better to do that criticize other people posts? If you think that doesn't work for you, don't use it.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Nah nah nah I want a 5 oz bet on this. I will go to kal I'll ask Goldchaser who's on this forum to film it and if I prove I'm right. You give me 5 ozs of gold. If Its proven I'm misleading I'll hand over 5 immediately to Goldchaser. Don't you back out or be a coward.

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Settle down fellers, remember the respect requirement.

UTBN I have seen the results of your efforts and the time put in has brought you great rewards, so I am sure you have got it working just the way you like it, others may not be able to get the same result for a range of reasons, but it was well worth your effort to post what you do and how it has been of benefit to you as this may help others.

But I bet you haven't got it doing all that digging that you have been doing yet lol! .
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Thu May 14, 2015 5:18 pm

I haven't used Jason's set up yet but will definitely give it a go next time out.

rc62bourke - please note that I don't doubt Jason's comment that he can detect with thumb and forefinger as I can just about do it with the way mine is set up. His method seems more logical than mine.

By the rc62bourke, I was unaware that you had purchased a GPZ, perhaps you should give it a trial before being critical!
If you don't use a GPZ then your comments really don't count for much.

Keep your finds and tips coming Jason... they are very interesting.

Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:42 pm

I am furious here. Where is this bloke. Mate do I pack my stuff and head to kal? Are you going put your money where your mouth is? I just got a chunk of gold and am waiting here. What's going on?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:48 pm

spinna wrote:I haven't used Jason's set up yet but will definitely give it a go next time out.

rc62bourke - please note that I don't doubt Jason's comment that he can detect with thumb and forefinger as I can just about do it with the way mine is set up. His method seems more logical than mine.

By the rc62bourke, I was unaware that you had purchased a GPZ, perhaps you should give it a trial before being critical!

Cheers   spinna
Thanks spinna I appreciate that. I'm still going well here. I'm over 700 bits now but won't be counting em anymore. Although sizes are mostly small the quantity has made for very good weight in a short time. But I spose people doubt that too. Care to wager?
Anyway I'm off to camp for a cuppa I look forward to this bet. I already had my mexico spending money but will take his 5 ozs for sure

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion Empty Re: Correct harness set up

Post  goldstrijk Thu May 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Hey Jase,
Don't worry about stupid comments mate
All I can say your input is very much appreciated bud, by most 7K users
Keep it going mate!

goldstrijk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Thu May 14, 2015 6:58 pm

UTBN, the person that was criticizing your post doesn't even own a 7000, some people have to disagree on everything on principle, so don't worry about, like I said I did what you seggested and works very well for me.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks goldstrijk and goldquest I'm glad it has helped you too. I just don't like being attacked publicly and accused of of being a liar. Or in his words misleading. I have used my method since acquiring zed and am in no doubt as to its benefits. But anyway this should be interesting, let's see this bet unfold.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 7:09 pm

UTBN wrote:I am furious here. Where is this bloke. Mate do I pack my stuff and head to kal? Are you going put your money where your mouth is? I just got a chunk of gold and am waiting here. What's going on?

G'day Jase

Mate I just went out and tried the bungy method that you have in the picture, it works very well and I will be using it all day tomorrow like it as well.

Up till now I have just been using the old harness from the 4500 and a hipstick, I have now setup the new harness etc with the "J" strut and the new bungy positioned just like your picture, I am amazed at the balance now I just didn't realize it would make so much difference.

Thanks jase for taking the time to put up pics and keep us informed with the way your doing things, much appreciated mate.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  peterinaust Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Hey Jase, I don't know you but I will be giving this a try. and find out for my self. I haven't been out yet but have my harness set up and can control the detector with thump and forefinger now!
so if your method improves on that well good. Happy hunting.

Cheers
Peter

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Hey firstly I'm too busy digging gold to bother with a video ok. Secondly put your money where your mouth is mate. Carn wanna accuse me of being misleading. Let's have a bet. Don't be a coward mate. How much money are prepared to waged that you can swing zed with thumb and fingers regardless of terrain?
[/quote]

I am in no way having a go at your prospecting abilities!!!!!

Have a look at the topic!!! it is an opinion & this I am entitled to!!!

I stand by it being "misleading" as there is no way in my "Opinion" that this 2 fingered swing can provide you (anyone) with a smooth stable swing over ALL Terrain!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a betting man & I am no coward & I have no need to prove nor disprove anything to you!!!!

This was not meant as a personal attack !!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 7:21 pm

pablop wrote:Settle down fellers, remember the respect requirement.

UTBN I have seen the results of your efforts and the time put in has brought you great rewards, so I am sure you have got it working just the way you like it, others may not be able to get the same result for a range of reasons, but it was well worth your effort to post what you do and how it has been of benefit to you as this may help others.

But I bet you haven't got it doing all that digging that you have been doing yet lol! .

Pablob
That is the very reason I made this post, too say it will be something for "All Terrain" is misleading!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Ahh I see the type of man you are. What a joke. I'm finished with this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 7:24 pm

spinna wrote:I haven't used Jason's set up yet but will definitely give it a go next time out.

Cheers   spinna

Hey Spinna
Yeah mate I appreciate that & I would not comment like I have if I had not had first hand experience, I have just returned from 6 days swinging the Zed for about 50 hours
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 7:28 pm

UTBN wrote:I am furious here. Where is this bloke. Mate do I pack my stuff and head to kal? Are you going put your money where your mouth is? I just got a chunk of gold and am waiting here. What's going on?

Take a deep breath & relax dude I am in NQ if you need to go to Kal then go, like I said I don't bet

I apologise that I may have caused you some grief, I am only expressing an opinion I think you need to respect my right to do so & not carry on like you are.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 pm

G'day Lee

It's like a lot of good ideas that come along from time to time some suit some people and not others but it's worth a try and that's what some are now doing if it suits then keep doing it and if not modify it to suit, its all about discussion and ideas nothing more and nothing less.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 7:41 pm

davsgold wrote:G'day Lee

It's like a lot of good ideas that come along from time to time some suit some people and not others but it's worth a try and that's what some are now doing if it suits then keep doing it and if not modify it to suit, its all about discussion and ideas nothing more and nothing less.

cheers dave

Hey Dave
That is very true!!!!
I merely ????? this due to the statement "All Terrain" (with 2 fingers) which is a big "Statement"
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu May 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Can someone point to where the words "all terrain" were allegedly used in the original thread?
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21593-correct-harness-set-up
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:Can someone point to where the words "all terrain" were allegedly used in the original thread?
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21593-correct-harness-set-up

Peter
That's was a miss quote from me "Sorry About that"
this is the statement which is contained in a post above in this thread,

" How much money are prepared to waged that you can swing zed with thumb and fingers regardless of terrain?

UTBNSeasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts: 183
Registration date: 2011-01-01

View user profile Send private message "
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:21 pm

G'day Jason, 
Lee wasn't having a go at you...... It's just the way the question was asked. Sometimes we get hot headed just by one word or two said not the way we like to read or hear it.

V09

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Thu May 14, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by UNCLE BOB on Thu May 14, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

"Correct harness set up"  GPZ My Opinion Empty Re Correct Harness Setup

Post  bundy06 Thu May 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello Lee
I have been using a Zed since 2-5 -2015 I still class myself as INexperienced but I use 2 digits to manipulate my monster over any ground in Clermont.
I use my own system to set it up using the Pro harness I am 6' 3" tall and weigh 116kg's. I cannot set my harness as stated in this discussion so are you saying that I am not detecting correctly? I have full control of the machine and find gold every day.I think it is about time you showed some thought before you make rash statements. I would be quite sure in saying you have not seen the member or myself detecting so how can you be as judgemental
about something you were not there to see.People who jump in boots and all will eventually end up in Quicksand.
If you need convincing your welcome to come to Clermont for a demo.
Regards Dave C study study cheers cheers
bundy06
bundy06
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Lee
Good to see that you have put in about 50 hrs on a borrowed GPZ.
May I suggest that the next time your try the GPZ, give Jason's method a go (maybe just the knot part will suffice) and report back with you thoughts.
In the mean time, perhaps you could go back and re read your original post.
To my way of thinking the first post came across as demeaning and rude the way it was written and I'm not surprised that Jason took offence.
I understand that this was most unlikely to have been the intent, but perhaps an apology could be in order.
Regardless, I hope that you take the time to report back on your experiences with the GPZ.
Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Fri May 15, 2015 6:41 am

I've been looping the bungee around the handle since I first started using the prototype, however I don't use a knot because I like to move the velcro hook attachment up and down the shaft depending on the terrain (hilly etc), so I like to loop in the bungee around the handle to be free moving.

Probably the most comfortable arrangement I've tried with the GPZ so far is the supplied dual J strut harness and also a webbing belt with a HipStick attached, Kim Ellis put me onto this method and its really comfortable, it helps stop the Minelab harness creeping up your torso to the bottom of your ribs!!

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  coreytroy Fri May 15, 2015 9:01 am

So is anyone going to put up a photo of the harness fitted, showing the entire set up for hte benefit of others Shocked

coreytroy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next