Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racer and the v3i

2 posters

Go down

Racer and the v3i Empty Racer and the v3i

Post  pinpointa Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:36 am

Thanks Owen,

Looking forward to the results of your next lot of tests with the Racer. The v3i CAN distinguish aluminuim screw caps from $1 and $2 dollar coins with 53-54 for the $2 dollar coin and 55 56 57 58 59 60 for the dollar coins. I just love it when you CAN tell the diffrence between $1 and $2 coins and screw caps.

Regards Pinpointa.
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Racer and the v3i Empty Re: Racer and the v3i

Post  Narrawa Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:39 pm

......and 55 56 57 58 59 60 for the dollar coins
Pinpointer...thats hardly what i would call distinguishing. Laughing Laughing

My findings on coins vs aluminum s/caps with the v3i is about the same on both 1 & 2 coins...all over the place due to so many variations in the screw caps.
Shredded aluminum can and scrunched up foil will give the same readings.
Dig-em all, you never know what lays beneath.??

Cheers mate.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pinpointa Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:28 pm

The reason for the variations on the vdi from 55-60 is that the composition of the $1 dollar coins from 84-2015 do have some different readings.
If you really want the best out of the v3i you really have to set a lot of settings and lay down these $1 coins to see their is a difference. If its the composition been changed as normal being 92% copper 6% aluminium and 2% nickel, or it could be ware on the coins.

So by setting up a normal search pattern in coin and jewellery to cherry pick with , you need to slot in these numbers to be able to acheive the utmost response from the v3i, It all boils down to its the results that counts.

I have a second program which i call just $2 which is in the menu directely under coin and jewellery which is a couple of flicks and you are in the program. You can then sweep over the target as their is only one type of screw cap that lands on the $2 coin.

Now by having this program set up with discrimination just excepting 54-55 frequency offset -1 recovery delay 28, sat 2 in 7.5 frequency with a 5kh, band pass.

Things like brass eyelets buttons and the screwcaps aluminium, the speed in which you sweep over the target is the trick.

Brass eyelets do come up a fair bit so because the surface of the brass eyelet is a little larger than the $2 coin it will give a strong target so by swinging at a faster pace over the target it will be active as a good target but with the $2 coin really slow lock in but if you increase the swing speed over the coin it will disappear but the brass eyelet will still come in strong same with the aluminium screw caps and the button so their is a seperation with the $2 coin.

Same thing with the $1 coins. Normally you should allow 3 vdi either side of the target vdi but if you drop them with a few other settings you can can get the $1 coins without the problems of the screw caps. The screw caps dont land on every vdi of the $1 coin.

One other thing which gives you more time to look at the results on the screen is to remove the x on fade rate, which stays their till you flick the toggle switch as some targets set up like this do not give you a vdi.

It just saves you so much time so you can move on to the next target and come out with more doe at the end of the day.

The v3i has more moves than a chess board. There really is more in it than meets the eye.

Regards Pinpointa.
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 pm

My V3i is gathering dust atm. Sad

Hooked on the RACER and Fors Gold atm....had a good two days out with both relic hunting. Will do a post latter tonight on my findings with the RACER.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down