Racer Weekend

Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Could not wait to get out to our spot at Hill End to go over the area thats been giving it up for the Fors Gold.
Well the RACER didn't disappoint me in performance. It was right up their with the FG and then some.
Here's a few bits from day one, the local boys took us out to a spot they said had a bit of junk. The top half of the pic is a button fest. Not a bad spot.
The bottom half of the pic was from our usual spot at Hill End today.

Click each image for a better look.
Racer Weekend P1000631
Ok after a slow start this morning, due to NOT wanting to part with my pillow, we coffee-ed up and hit the road to Hill End to try a few new spots.....ok so they didn't pan out to well, and by lunch we hit the old spot.
Me on the RACER and my other half on the Fors Gold.....first to come up with a goodie was me with this broken badge/hair clip/Broach call it what you like, a good find using Two Tone, gain 85 and ID mask 25 which is a good call in this area.
Racer Weekend P1000620
The RACER exhibits a little front end weight compared to the FG, and i must admit as soon as i held a RACER i knew there was going to be an issue after working the Fors Gold. Not so much an issue, probably more an adjustment im going to have to get use to after being spoiled with the FGs ergonomic splendor. Beach goers will love the weight and neutral buoyancy of the RACERS coil.

The big in your face screen of the RACER is perfection, no issues with the menu system and a speedy on the fly switch from 2tone to 3tone with no lose or pause in the swing. Big sound emanates from under the arm housing even with the protection cover installed, no issue with sound and today was a good day for this as it was relatively windy. The RACERs ground balance feature is simple and fast just like that of the Fors models, and the pie chart updates as you swing giving an easy view of the ground mineralization reading. Iv never seen one update in real time like the pie chart on the RACER, however iv never really payed much attention to the other detectors that have a similar feature. This just happen to catch my eye when checking out the speed in which the numbering system fluctuates from a low iron grunt to a hi-tone within an inch of coil swing. Truly an amazing machine when it comes to unmasking in hi iron infestations. If your not into visual display units...simply get a Fors Gold/Core.....yet both the visual and audio line up well on the RACER and you soon learn with this model, you can hunt with much more reliability using both visual and audio reference. Like the Fors models, if its out of range of the visual reference, the audio reference is still hot and strong.

The pic below was a stunner, sitting alongside a rusty nail and a button to boot, yet the flickering readings kept my interest up as i played with the coil over the target trying to decipher what was taking place beneath the coil.  2x hi tones could be heard along with the unmistakable grunt from a rusty nail. Thinking large bullet shell, you could imagine the shock i got when this came up, then to spot a brass button still sitting in the lose dirt in the middle of the hole. Lucky dig.??...maybe.?
Racer Weekend P1000634


Being selective on what we dig, i decided late in the day to start sifting through some of the smaller hi tones, which we have been ignoring till the lager stuff has been sorted. One dig in particular pulled my up. When i finally got it out of the hole i got this warm fuzzy feeling come over me looking back at the size of the hole, than marveling at my finds smallish size.
I can only guess its the chain of a fob watch.??...If so, looking back at the other pics and finds with the FG, iv almost got the whole watch from this area now. lrh
Racer Weekend P1000622
Racer Weekend P1000627

Another good dig, not sure what it is. Could be the badge of a buckle.???
Racer Weekend P1000617



The Chinese coin was found in this same area,  the missus got that today with the Fors Gold. That gave her a much needed boost and she was on fire after finding it......the Fors Gold is new to her, yet she is finding it a lot easier to use than the units she has been using over the last few weeks....Fisher F19 ..MXT.
Racer Weekend P1000621

Next outing, we will be giving the small DD coils a run, as this area i feel is starting to run short on rewards....not!!
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  rc62burke on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 am

Hey Narrawa
Great report mate, sounds like a pretty good unit for this purpose.
I have watched a video on it & it seems like a very zippy responsive unit.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Age : 46
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Cheers Lee,
Yeah the RACER will shine when folks are put out by in depth menu systems.
A true turn on and go right out of the box hi performance coin relic detector. Coupled to a smaller coil or the 10x5" elip, and it could quiet easily start pulling small nuggets from trash sites.
Im going to give this a whirl next time out to see if i can put the small 5x4.5" coil to good use.....however im more inclined to use this coil for further unmasking the site in which we are working ATM.
Either way, its only a matter of time before a slug is unearthed due to the layer of wash beneath the soil we are working. This site calls for the use of a prospecting pick, and not a park digging tool. Im chuffed by both FG and RACER being VLFs, thinking they would not penetrate this deep.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  rc62burke on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:22 pm

Narrawa wrote:Cheers Lee,
Yeah the RACER will shine when folks are put out by in depth menu systems.
A true turn on and go right out of the box hi performance coin relic detector. Coupled to a smaller coil or the 10x5" elip, and it could quiet easily start pulling small nuggets from trash sites.
Im going to give this a whirl next time out to see if i can put the small 5x4.5" coil to good use.....however im more inclined to use this coil for further unmasking the site in which we are working ATM.
Either way, its only a matter of time before a slug is unearthed due to the layer of wash beneath the soil we are working. This site calls for the use of a prospecting pick, and not a park digging tool. Im chuffed by both FG and RACER being VLFs, thinking they would not penetrate this deep.

Interesting mate, how would you rate the ground where you are ATM.

I need to give my Gold Bug Pro a bit more of a workout in the trash areas on the Goldfields to test it's capabilities, I have the small coil & the 11" elliptical, any recommendations on other coils that would be better suited??
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Age : 46
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:11 pm

The ground we are working is not all that bad due to the top layer of soil covering the hard stuff. When we walk off onto the rough we are soon presented with a slightly different outcome.
The higher mineralization causes the disc readings to pull high, any brand VLF will do this no matter how good it is. What that means is anything that was just on the verge of giving a low tone (junk) will most likely give a hi tone due to the mineralization being presented more like file shavings then dirt. Large items like axe heads and flat rusty iron ect, will also pull high even in moderate ground. On the Fors models and RACER, anything over 87-89 will usually be iron/nails at depth in high mineralization. In a park situation or low mineralization, those same numbers represent older coins like florins ect. Anything under 45 we are now letting go through to the keeper in this ground while its giving up the goods...when its worked out a little more we may start investigating more of the lower numbers.
We could up the ID mask to bout 40, but id prefer to hear a little iron...it has advantages. 25-35 knocks out just the right amount of chicken wire and pesky little bits of iron.


Your GBpro coil it came with is about ideal for most locations...upping the size wont gain you a great deal of depth, just less sensitivity. Dropping a size will get you better disc abilities and separation in junky spots.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  rc62burke on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Narrawa wrote:The ground we are working is not all that bad due to the top layer of soil covering the hard stuff. When we walk off onto the rough we are soon presented with a slightly different outcome.
The higher mineralization causes the disc readings to pull high, any brand VLF will do this no matter how good it is. What that means is anything that was just on the verge of giving a low tone (junk) will most likely give a hi tone due to the mineralization being presented more like file shavings then dirt. Large items like axe heads and flat rusty iron ect, will also pull high even in moderate ground. On the Fors models and RACER, anything over 87-89 will usually be iron/nails at depth in high mineralization. In a park situation or low mineralization, those same numbers represent older coins like florins ect. Anything under 45 we are now letting go through to the keeper in this ground while its giving up the goods...when its worked out a little more we may start investigating more of the lower numbers.
We could up the ID mask to bout 40, but id prefer to hear a little iron...it has advantages. 25-35 knocks out just the right amount of chicken wire and pesky little bits of iron.  


Your GBpro coil it came with is about ideal for most locations...upping the size wont gain you a great deal of depth, just less sensitivity. Dropping a size will get you better disc abilities and separation in junky spots.

Hey Mate
I really appreciate your knowledge in these things, cheers cheers Cool I just don't get the time to do the right testing when I am in the field (read don't make the time) due to limited time & going flat out to secure as much "Gold" as one can.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Age : 46
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:21 am

I was blown away when the GBPro came out, yet was reluctant to own one due to stupidity by the manufacturer. They rectified some of that stupidity so i brought the upgraded model the F19....only to find out they employed more stupidity by not employing  separate volumes....disc and pinpoint. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Other than that, its a fine little detector and has some cool features......however i wont be keeping it. T05

The 10x5" coil on the F19 is what you need to get a little more serious with the GBPro....or you could tough it out with the coil thats no bigger than our 50c coin....the 5" thingy. T05
The 11x7" is ok, but not much chop round rocky areas and creeks. Im having the same prob with the Fors Gold and RACERs coils. They need the 10x5".
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Sun May 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Guest on Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 am

Will the Racer Ground balance wet salt beach sand to the water line?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  ivanll on Mon May 25, 2015 4:07 pm


ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Guest on Mon May 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Thanks Ivanll.
I have been thinking of trying something different to replace the Digital gold bug that was stolen from my car and am wondering if the Racer would be a worthy replacement??
The Bug was great and had religated my Infinium to the wardrobe when beach detecting from dry sand to the water line was conserned.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Mon May 25, 2015 10:48 pm

The RACER will replace the void in your heart...trust me, i sell them all day long. Laughing Laughing

Nahhh....you'll love the RACER mate, simple but powerful and the only thing you'll have to learn is how to interpret the blended audio. The rest of the menu system is self explanatory. However if your looking for a good used Fisher F19, PM me.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Guest on Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 am

Not interested in the F19, just the standard digital Gold Bug.
The one That was stolen cost me 380 AUD inc the 11 inch oval DD and stock 5 inch and that is about all I would pay for one

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  rc62burke on Tue May 26, 2015 8:14 am

Hey Narrawa
Nice nuggets with the VLF mate, I reckon it just might add a little more satisfaction to the mix Very Happy Cool Wink
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Age : 46
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Racer Weekend Empty Re: Racer Weekend

Post  Narrawa on Tue May 26, 2015 11:18 am

rc62burke wrote:Hey Narrawa
Nice nuggets with the VLF mate, I reckon it just might add a little more satisfaction to the mix Very Happy Cool Wink
It certainly adds to the want for getting out there among the trashy spots i know have hidden gold laying about.
Iv done this area over with the 4500 a few times, and each time move on thinking its done bar the trashier spots. It just so happens there is a lot of ground in this area that suits the running of a good VLF. Both mineralization wise and trash.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Age : 52
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum