Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!!

+4
Peteren
rc62burke
Troopy
Waypoint
8 posters

Go down

Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!! Empty Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!!

Post  rc62burke Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi Folks
Here is another link from a US forum that shows a large amount of "Gold" found by JP & others.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/703-gpz-7000-finds-large-gold-nuggets/

To me it is disapointing, that by adding links here may be the only way we get to be a part of the discussion, it seems there are at least a few well respected & well known Aussie "Prospectors" that continue to "Boycott" this forum.

I understand the reasons behind this, but I also think members here have shown a better attitude within these threads.

"Come on guy's" all people want is for some relliable information & I can fully understand that when one has outlayed over $10000 on a detector, they want some feed back on the use of it, like you so freely provided in the past with many other detectors.

What do you say guy's???

Last edited by rc62burke on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To Add a link & change the title,)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!! Empty Re: Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!!

Post  Waypoint Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Nice Kimberley gold hey!! I wonder if they were found testing the 20" coil or the standard 14".

Waypoint.
Waypoint
Waypoint
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!! Empty Re: Another interesting link from the US on the GPZ / Additional link!!!!!

Post  Troopy Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Not being smart but ask yourself this question first, why should they offer advice ?

As far as i can see JP, Steve and Chris have had enough of the Australian forums and if you read their comments they have basically said that, JP was posting on one Australian forum BUT as soon as people worked that out and joined in droves he even stopped posting there, he doesn't owe anyone anything, i think he wouldn't mind sharing info to the genuine people out there but unfortunately that comes at a cost, the ones that are responsible for driving him underground also get to benefit so guess what, we all miss out.

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:00 am

Here is another

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/715-gold-i-found-in-victoria-with-the-gpz/
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:59 pm

rc62burke wrote:Hi Folks, What do you say guy's???

I say, from my short forum experience and 35 years detecting experience, that the minority of Aussie forum members are more interested in slinging s**t than posting useful info. It is sinking this forum.

The US forum linked has a base that will input useful info and members that respond in kind ensuring that the discussion is civil and informative.

This forum needs to mirror this.
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Herschbach Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Steve Herschbach
Steve Herschbach
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-03-09

http://www.detectorprospector.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi Steve
Mate I am fully aware of that thread & to the reasons behind it, but there has also been others that have stopped posting besides JP Reno Chris & yourself, I am not sure about their reasons.

What I was outlining is that I believe that there has been an improvement in the attitude within these discussions & I for one would hope that those that have chosen to stay away would reconsider & give it another crack, I fully understand & respect your position as busy as you are & that is why I sought out the info on your site.

I think it a damn shame for an Aussie forum to not have the support from JP!!!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:52 pm

All good things eventually come to an end...........a rich patch of nuggets is reduced to dregs and then nought.........all good forums eventually become desiccated and crusty, crumbling and blowing away with the winds of time and streams of ages, just like all true sources of gold.

The me generations are moving into the nuggeting scene attracted by the higher gold price, and the access of cyber info. They expect without cost, demand without appreciation.

This wistful mood is not euphorically induced although they say LSD can lodge in the intra-cellular neural folds for decades, to emerge a new at some unexpected emotional inflective repose to re-color ones perception.

But honestly I've noticed an unprecedented silence from those in the know, unprecedented by the fact that valid pertinant honest questions about the new device go unanswered.

Good on you Lee for attempting to plug the holes of the sinking vessel, it may not be in vain.

Humble apologies for this waffle.
A.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 am

To the OP all I can say is people are just to thin skinned these days. There is always going to be a minority who are going to criticize a product or a persons opinion, I think anyone who is going to spit the dummy just because there views aren't being taken seriously need to lighten up and stop thinking so highly of themselves. If I gave an opinion on something and someone didn't agree ok so be it, but I'm sure as hell wont let it get at me as to the point of ignoring everyone or certain individuals, quite childish I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:15 am

I have posted this before, but I will say it again. I have not left this forum nor am I refusing to post. Just because I do not post every day does not mean I am angry with someone or am I refusing to post. If you take a look at my past history on this forum, I do not post every day or even every week. I posted a whole bunch when the GPZ first came out because there were many people with a lot of good questions who wanted to know more about the new detector. I wanted to be helpful. Truth is, when that SDC 2300 first came out I posted quite a bit about that detector because I had some involvement with it also. However, I don't normally  post here very frequently. It's not anything personal but I am a yank and  just by coincidence I post more commonly on the yank gold forums - that makes sense right?

The other thing is that I am at the beginning of my prospecting season here in the states and I am beginning to travel. I have been gone most of the last week doing some work for the mining magazine I work for as well as doing some prospecting with friends. I have not always had good access to the Internet, and as time progresses in the near - term I will be traveling "out bush" even more and continuing to have less than good Internet access. I will be using the GPZ 7000 very extensively as well as the SDC 2300. If given a choice of prospecting and finding gold or sitting around and posting on this forum, I will always choose to go out prospecting!

Early on in the history of the GPZ, a number of people said that they wanted to get more varied input from a large number of prospectors and that makes perfect sense to me. I have stated my experiences and opinions concerning the detector, but even so, I also have been interested in reading about other people's experiences with it, especially in Australia. This seems to be coming out now on a continuous basis. So I have read most of the posts recently on this forum about the 7000, even if I haven't added any comments of my own. I was shocked when I read that Mike and Jen actually considered the possibility of selling their new GPZ before even trying it in the field! The naysayers - especially ones who have never used the detector - seem to have an amazing amount of sway here.

Alchemist, if you see any useful questions that you think I may have missed, cut and paste them into this thread and I will have a go at answering the ones where I can provide any useful information in answer.
However:
1) I have no comments for those who want to whinge on about the price - I had no input on that.
2) Yes, it's heavy and I realize that, but I don't know that there is a lot of information I can add to those comments.
3) For those who expected and were absolutely convinced that pounds of big nuggets lay deeper in the patches which they had worked in the past, I have said that many patches which prospectors believe to have big, deep nuggets do not actually have them. Just because you go to an old patch and do not pull out pounds of deep nuggets does not mean that they are present as believed and somehow the GPZ has missed them. Certainly there are some places where big deep nuggets do exist, but there are many places in which they do not exist, even if prospectors believe that they are present.
4) I have said that there will be opinions on this detector both pro and con. It is not magic and it is not necessarily the right detector for every person in every situation. It has been my experience that it is a very powerful and capable metal detector, one that is a notable improvement over past models, but some will disagree. There has always been some level of disagreement on past detectors, and there will be on this one as well.
5) I am not willing to answer accusations and questions asked in an accusatory manner as if I were being detained by the police and accused of a crime. Some of the naysayers who have no experience with this machine have been making comments along those lines, and even trying to answer their accusations is a pointless waste of time.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:48 am

G'day Reno Chris

Thanks for your post here, I am sure as time goes by things will start to even out as the new Zed gets more time in the field.

I am heading out again today to get a few more hours and a better understanding of the what the 7000 can do.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:31 am

As usual, well written Chris. Very Happy
Your opinions and comments are very well respected here and elsewhere so keep up the good work when you can. Wink
Best of luck with your detecting season. cheers

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:38 am

icepick wrote:To the OP all I can say is people are just to thin skinned these days. There is always going to be a minority who are going to criticize a product or a persons opinion, I think anyone who is going to spit the dummy just because there views aren't being taken seriously need to lighten up and stop thinking so highly of themselves. If I gave an opinion on something and someone didn't agree ok so be it, but I'm sure as hell wont let it get at me as to the point of ignoring everyone or certain individuals, quite childish I think.

I respect your opinion, BUT

I do not think it is very helpful in any post, especially one where folks are encouraging greater input, please refrain from any negative comment on this thread!!!!!!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:39 am

Thankyou Reno Chris

I know you have your own forum and that you are busy.

Mike & I did become a little down with all the negative talk, before we could give this new machine a good workout
It was me that thought maybe he should sell the gpz7000, not Mike! He hasn't wanted to re-sell it at all.

So the first ever time I tried this machine, I didn't think it was even going to ping a piece on top of the ground..
let alone a nice piece down deeper Very Happy  That's what all the negative talk can do. 
It can play havoc with ones mind Q07

I felt I was lucky to ping that piece,   But in finding that 51 grammer it gave us confidence that this machine does work.  Just have to swing it over the right ground.
I wish we did have the gpx5000 with us at the time.  We have been over this area a lot in the past.

Also I feel if you go out thinking this machine is no good, well your not in the right frame of mind. 

Like you said just because we/ or anyone has found gold in the past on a patch, doesn't mean there's more down deeper.
It would be nice if there was a fortune laying under our feet Laughing  

All Mike has found since using the gpz7000 is around 14grams.. Does he give up? NO way!!!!
He reads all that is written about it, takes it on board, and goes out and tries the different settings.
Mike is a very patience person, he never gives up.
So it's just a matter of persevering.

SO everyone that owns a gpz7000 NEVER give up!
Put the time in that you would have with the past machines. 

Regards
Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:46 am

Thank you Chris. A very well balanced and sensible post yet again. I think people realise that you Guys in the know about the new machines are not sitting around waiting to answer questions.

As for the ones I mention above, they are spread over many threads some even on US sites, mainly where JP has posted 7000 finds.

What we need is a separate thread where members can post their questions. They will then be less likely to disappear into the volumes of ancillary comments.

All the best.
Alchemist.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:48 am

Hi Chris
Thanks for the great reply, most people who have been around for a while would know & respect your views & experience, the fact that you are a Yank (as you put it) & post mainly on the Yank forums makes 100% sense to me but unfortunately some of our Aussies are doing the complete opposite.

I believe those that have the GPZ7000 & those genuinely interested in learning more about them, are looking for some genuine experienced feedback from out in the field, You & Steve have provided some great info as you see it in your neck of the woods.

I understand how busy these folks are & respect the limited time available.

I would just like to say a Big THANKS to you & hope you have a Golden year.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 am

It is disappointing Lee but posts like this https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t21074-lets-cut-out-this-bullsht#203995 justify why people stay away from the Aussie forums. We seem to concentrate more on contentious issues here rather than look at the positive side of things.Sure we need to know negatives too but we just drone on about them & nothing else. Its not just the GPZ either - do a search on GPX5000 or SDC2300 around release time.
p.s interestingly I reckon most knockers, naysayers, whingers etc. probably haven't seen one let alone used it.
Unfortunately the yank forums are leaving us behind in their friendly, informative approach that seems to embrace new technology & discuss it in a fair, sensible fashion regardless of manufacturers etc. This is in contrast to us - we discuss things with suspicions, think theres always hidden agendas & in general focus on negatives. Anyone who says anything remotely positive is seen with suspicion i.e. they must have a hidden agenda, be a dealer or connected to one etc. And that's all with our beloved Minelab - don't dare mention another brand Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:52 pm

rc62burke wrote:
icepick wrote:To the OP all I can say is people are just to thin skinned these days. There is always going to be a minority who are going to criticize a product or a persons opinion, I think anyone who is going to spit the dummy just because there views aren't being taken seriously need to lighten up and stop thinking so highly of themselves. If I gave an opinion on something and someone didn't agree ok so be it, but I'm sure as hell wont let it get at me as to the point of ignoring everyone or certain individuals, quite childish I think.

I do not think it is very helpful in any post, especially one where folks are encouraging greater input, please refrain from any negative comment on this thread!!!!!!!!!

I don't see the negativity at all in my post..more than truth Id say.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:43 pm

icepick wrote:
rc62burke wrote:

I don't see the negativity at all in my post..more than truth Id say.

Mate in my opinion all the areas above that I have highlighted have a negative connotation to them, not having a go at you but this thread was made to try to encourage some folks to have some input & your comments do not sit well within this thread that is all, those are your opinions & I will not deny you that, but please do as I ask thanks!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down