Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let’s cut out this bullsh*t!

+3
slimpickens
thegoldman24
Redfin
7 posters

Go down

Let’s cut out this bullsh*t! Empty Let’s cut out this bullsh*t!

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:17 am

Just my humble opinions and thoughts on the GPZ so far.

What we've heard so far:-
1]  “ I’m going to go back to my old patches and make a killing”
This is BS. The majority of detectorists don’t have patches, or very few patches (I’m not talking about pro’s)
Any decent nugget has been pulled out of those patches, and all that’s left won’t pay off the Zed. Even if the patches have some gold, you will clean it out quick smart. And then your back to square one.
2] “The Zed will pick up spongy or odd shaped nuggets that the GPX won’t find.”
Again, this is BS. Again, they are talking about flysh!t that still won’t pay off the Zed.
3] “The Zed sees through “holes” that the GPX can’t see through.”
BS. If it was a big enough nugget the GPX will see it.
4] “We just have to give it time”
BS.  Minelab is just patronising a lot of very experienced detectorists. Most can tell within 2 trips if it’s superior to the GPX or not,
5] The Minelab testers will tell us the truth, warts and all.
BS. They can act like primma donnas, and only answer the easy questions, but in the end, the truth be known, the gravy train will end for them if they dare criticize the Zed. I don’t know why this is so difficult to understand.
6] " The Zed goes up to 40% deeper.
BS. Where is your scientific proof of this? Where's the charts? Where's the graphs? Any proof at all? No none.
7] “The Zed will open up the goldfields again.”
Absolute    Let’s cut out this bullsh*t! Bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon . If it isn’t on your patch or isn’t spongy or odd shaped (whatever that means) or isn’t seeing through the “holes,”  it’s just not finding anything large or deep or in numbers to justify that ridiculous price. Lame, lame, lame excuses!
It should be raining gold if we were to believe the "The Zed will open up the goldfields again," but it's not is it? No, it's just raining bullsh!t.
This over priced detector has to start finding gold everywhere in the goldfields. Sorry I didn't read the fine print where it stated it's only good on mild ground, and on patches, and the nuggets have to have a special shape etc. etc. blah blah blah and more lawyer speak.

Feel free to criticize my views.
If your  a dealer or associated with a dealer, don't bother answering, because frankly I've had enough of your defending the undefendable, your opinion means jack to me, because of your self-interest.

Last edited by slimpickens on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:28 am

what r u talkin about candy said it will reopen the goldfields again. Shocked

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:32 am

So slim having got that of your chest r u still going to buy one?

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Let’s cut out this bullsh*t! Empty Re: Let’s cut out this bullsh*t!

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:34 am

thegoldman24 wrote:So slim having got that of your chest r u still going to buy one?

Oh yeah!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:03 am

Up on the wrong side this morning Shiraz or been up all night tossing & turning about what contentious issue you could post on the GPZ today? Razz
Little wonder info is sparse on Aussie forums. We are world champion whingers & knockers.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:13 am

mbasko wrote:Up on the wrong side this morning Shiraz or been up all night tossing & turning about what contentious issue you could post on the GPZ today? Razz
Little wonder info is sparse on Aussie forums. We are world champion whingers & knockers.

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Is that all your gonna do mbasko? Q24
Hey mbasko, while I've got you here, answer me this honestly. Is it wrong to whinge about the high price? You do know we are on a gold detecting discussion forum. It seems all they discuss here is gold prospecting issues, so where else if not here would we whinge about the outrageous price? Nothing has been found in large enough quantities to justify that price!
Tossin and turnin?.......... Only about the price, versus performance of the Zed.

Ps. "Little wonder info is sparse " Have you bought one? If so, where is your info/input?

Last edited by slimpickens on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:15 am

slimpickens wrote: your opinion means jack to me

Likewise
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:16 am

Redfin wrote:

Likewise

Ditto.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 am

slimpickens wrote:
Redfin wrote:

Likewise

Ditto.

How do you know that?
I haven't expressed an opinion.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:32 am

slimpickens wrote:
mbasko wrote:Up on the wrong side this morning Shiraz or been up all night tossing & turning about what contentious issue you could post on the GPZ today? Razz

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Is that all your gonna do mbasko? Q24
Hey mbasko, while I've got you here, answer me this honestly. Is it wrong to whinge about the high price? You do know we are on a gold detecting discussion forum. It seems all they discuss here is gold prospecting issues, so where else if not here would we whinge about the outrageous price? Nothing has been found in large enough quantities to justify that price!
Tossin and turnin?.......... Only about the price, versus performance of the Zed.

Ps. "Little wonder info is sparse " Have you bought one? If so, where is your info/input?
No I haven't purchased one but I didn't write a half page of bullsh1t on it either! You seem to be the expert so I'll just leave the "input" to you.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:38 am

Redfin wrote:
slimpickens wrote:
Redfin wrote:

Likewise

Ditto.

How do you know that?
I haven't expressed an opinion.

Oh I'm sorry, I mistook "Likewise" as an opinion.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:41 am

Nice review slim.irrefudable imo.Codan should appoint you director of sales and marketing.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:42 am

mbasko wrote:
No I haven't purchased one but I didn't write a half page of bullsh1t on it either!  

No, that's fair, you entitled to your opinion, thanks for sharing. We last saw you at the launch of the SDC, giving your 2 cent worth, and know doubt we'll see you at the launch of the next Minelab machine. Now you keep close to your phone, you never know when Bruce will call with instructions.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:01 am

Q28
Nothing like a bit of paranoia in the morning.

p.s Bruce says if price is an issue check out the all new, low cost Go-Find series. lol!

Last edited by mbasko on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:05 am

slimpickens wrote:Just my humble opinions and thoughts on the GPZ so far.

it's just raining bullsh!t.

Absolutely bucketing down......... V01
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:19 am

Right from the outset I told you blokes that ML stated to me that the 7000 was not designed to be competative with the GPX5000 but yez all rushed out and purchased one before getting the good gen on the detector, like in what conditions is it getting up to 40% better depth and now all we are hearing is a lot of bellyaching that it is no better than the 5000 in some circumstances.

Sure I have not used one but from what I have seen it is a good machine, easy to learn and use and does not require the trappings of the GPXs to get great performance out of it. Yes it is heavy and not for girls with weak wrists and biceps and yes it is way over priced....Maybe 4.5 to 5gs would be realistic??

Yet there are some who have purchased, gone out for 15 mins in flogged ground, who haven't even read the manual and have found tiny gold with ease in wet, stormy and EMI unfavorable conditons. There are not many detectors that you can do that with. Inc the 5000 and 4500.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Well said as usual Harry and with your usual passion........You did not mention the carrot of the "new" coils that aren't available yet...we just know how good they will be, not how heavy they will be.......at that touted price they would have to be better...won't they?....
I would like to hear from those who have reputedly bought the 'Z' second hand....both what they were told by the first owner ,upon buying,and how they are now finding the 'Z' themselves...and does it co-incide with the first owners thoughts...these are the reports that will mean something..folk who have paid their own good money to find out...with all these new detectors coming out....the ""push"" to sell will be astonishing/unrelenting....how long can one sell on previous credibility rather than providing demonstrated/substantiated/tests and facts.........not hard to see the big picture......the old WW2 slogan....'Loose lips sink Ships'.....it's all good for our hobby anyway...if not our wallets..its all equal...the extra weight of this new detector is compensated by the new lightness of your wallet ?....as one very experienced operator has noted after several weeks use in the GT of the 7000... 'at half the weight and half the price it would be a pretty good machine'......Hoo Roo

Last edited by larry303 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 pm

What about we all stop with the negative crap!
The ones that have this machine.. 
Go out and use it for more then a week, before saying it's a heap of sh#t?
As I don't think a few days using it, is a fair assessment of what this machine can do. 

And the ones that don't have one.. And don't have anything nice to say V46  V07

Oh and for the people that have brought a gpz7000 and are willing to share their experiences and finds
With us all.
Wether it is a good or bad review.
Thankyou

P.s Harry.. I thought you would be busy moving house and stuff?
Please stop stirring the pot V04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Jen58, this thread is not negative crap but a discussion on the GPZ 7000. Potential owners are looking for answers and they want to hear the disadvantages just as much as they want to hear about the advantages. Unfortunately the advantages seem to be clouded over with marketing puffery. It will take time to get all the facts and in the meantime we are going to hear a lot about the new detector that may upset some. Stay calm and don't take everything to heart. The truth is often somewhere in the middle.

Now, I don't own a zed yet, but that does not stop me from expressing and opinion. I have tried a mates and have found that it may be too heavy for me to swing for any period of time and this may be the deciding factor of why I won't buy one. My concern is not particularly about it's performance but whether it will cause me permanent physical damage.

My 2 cents.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Let’s cut out this bullsh*t! Empty B S

Post  ttrash Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Another useless post

No wonder JP & others aren't posting

Give it a rest & get out detecting ........

Anthony
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:55 pm

adrian ss wrote:Right from the outset I told you blokes that ML stated to me that the 7000 was not designed to be competative with the GPX5000 but yez all rushed out and purchased one before getting the good gen on the detector, like in what conditions is it getting up to 40% better depth and now all we are hearing is a lot of bellyaching that it is no better than the 5000 in some circumstances.

Sure I have not used one but from what I have seen it is a good machine, easy to learn and use and does not require the trappings of the GPXs to get great performance out of it. Yes it is heavy and not for girls with weak wrists and biceps and yes it is way over priced....Maybe 4.5 to 5gs would be realistic??

Yet there are some who have purchased, gone out for 15 mins in flogged ground, who haven't even read the manual and have found tiny gold  with ease in  wet, stormy and EMI unfavorable conditons. There are not many detectors that you can do that with. Inc the 5000 and 4500.

I agree with you, some people have nothing to do but complain, nobody forces them to buy the new 7000, but the same feel compelled to judge and give their unsolicited opinion, I am a not a dealer or related in any way with Minelab, but I like the new mahine, I can afford to buy one so let it be.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:01 pm

I know some of the things Harry said or incorrect and I think he knows so too!

I wouldn't mind betting it's a ploy of his to tease info out of those who have a 7k but are not posting any findings.

Look at that poll, one third of the members who participated have a 7k, but probably only half of those have posted any results, positive or negative.

Things are not always as they seem, but he's not had any bites from owners defending their purchase, or seeking comiserarations yet. Maybe they're all out cleaning out the goldfields.

Cheers
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:09 pm

G'day All,

Well it seems like all the EXPERTS out there that don't even own one, seem to know all the answers. There is a lot of good points and there is a lot of bad points, which is with anything we buy whether its a New House, New Car, New Phone or etc, etc, etc. There will always be something that someone will find fault with. We are all getting tired of this NEGATIVE input so until you actually own/try one for several hrs/days. We are not interested in your NEGATIVITY.
Therefore I am going to lock this thread and going out into the piece & quiet for a detect with my new GPZ and going to meet another fellow member to let him have try with it.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum