Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military discount?

+2
goldenhero
Jack outwest
6 posters

Go down

Military discount? Empty Military discount?

Post  Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:04 pm

I came across a american gold detecting forum and read that there is a 15% discount for serving and ex serving military personnel in USA who buy Minelab detectors. From what I read this discount is absorbed by the dealer and Minelab...my question is is this discount offered here in OZ as well by the dealers/Minelab?

Back to top Go down

Military discount? Empty Re: Military discount?

Post  Jack outwest Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 am

I also saw that Icepick on a US forum , have never seen it offered here .

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am

If this discount is in effect , more than likely it is US Govt subsidised , can't see the dealer or Minelab absorbing the loss ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Government had nothing to do with it... they definitely said the discount was only absorbed by the dealer and Minelab.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm

If you go to the Kellyco web site, you will see they are offering a $400 cashback on the GPZed to everyone. Now is that from Minelab?
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I doubt it, that's a lot less than 15%, Id say that's a dealer deal only. From what I'm reading on american forums dealers are falling over each other offering deals on the 7000, don't see much of that here in OZ, but I suppose the market is a lot bigger over there as well as their wallets.

Last edited by icepick on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  wilunakid Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Today i have had confirmation from Peter at Detector Den in Canberra that they and they alone will be supporting the Veteran cocommunity and will be giving elegible veterans a 15% discount on the new GPZ 7000. So this will bring the cost down to $9095.00. As a veteran myself i would sincerely like to thank Peter and Minelab for supporting the veteran community. Thankyou also for offering Free Postage to Perth.Regards Wilunakid.

wilunakid
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Well done to Wilunakid and to Minelab and Peter at Detector Den in Canberra, do you know if that discount goes towards those serving in the Australian armed forces right now as well?

Back to top Go down

Post  wilunakid Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Best to call Peter tommorow to confirm yourself phone 1800 127 717 email candetectaden@gmail .com . I was asked for my Military number and id. Hope this helps.

wilunakid
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 pm

I have a niece that's going into the army at the end of this month and she is keen to get a 5000, but I reckon if she can get the discount she might opt for the 7000 instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Well done to Peter at Detector Den.  Very Happy
I wonder why other dealers can't offer the same  Question
My dad is a veteran, and I'm sure this discount would make a huge difference to his ability to afford a 7000.  Wink

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 pm

wilunakid wrote:Today i have had confirmation from Peter at Detector Den in Canberra that they and they alone will be supporting the Veteran cocommunity and will be giving elegible veterans a 15% discount on the new GPZ 7000. So this will bring the cost down to $9095.00. As a veteran myself i would sincerely like to thank Peter and Minelab for supporting the veteran community. Thankyou also for offering Free Postage to Perth.Regards Wilunakid.

How recent must your OS service have been?

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm

To me a veteran is someone who served in the following...WW1 WW2 Korea Vietnam or the Middle east conflicts.

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Fri May 15, 2015 6:47 pm

llanbric wrote:
wilunakid wrote:Today i have had confirmation from Peter at Detector Den in Canberra that they and they alone will be supporting the Veteran cocommunity and will be giving elegible veterans a 15% discount on the new GPZ 7000. So this will bring the cost down to $9095.00. As a veteran myself i would sincerely like to thank Peter and Minelab for supporting the veteran community. Thankyou also for offering Free Postage to Perth.Regards Wilunakid.

How recent must your OS service have been?

I checked today, this deal is no longer available.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down