Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess the price

+15
ttrash
slimpickens
Gold Miner
CostasDee
alchemist
kon61
pablop
HOBO'S Gold
artrix
IGotBigNuggets
someday
Aurumick
deutran
Digginerup
monoandnan
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guess the price - Page 2 Empty Re: Guess the price

Post  Digginerup Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:28 pm

walkerminty wrote:I agree with Gold Miner. Set it somewhere around 8-9K. And it will appeal to a bigger market. If all that fails then force Minelab to drop the price due by having the market boycotting them. Simple supply and demand will regular the price but overpriced goods put alot of people off.

Problem is getting some cashed up detectorists from resisting buying one for the next 6 months.
It indeed would be an interesting scenario if it could be pulled off.
Will see what happens.

walkerminty

Yeah right!  Rolling Eyes  those with the money ready to go and the places to use them will wait six months to buy their machine and forego the gold they could get in the mean time so you can get it cheaper, that's really going to happen isn't it Rolling Eyes , buy it now if you can afford it or wait and get one from the used market or perhaps we will see a combo deal soon  like the 5000 and 2300 eh Rolling Eyes  I wont be holding my breath for either scenario Wink .

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  delete52 Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:55 pm

walkerminty wrote:I agree with Gold Miner. Set it somewhere around 8-9K. And it will appeal to a bigger market. If all that fails then force Minelab to drop the price due by having the market boycotting them. Simple supply and demand will regular the price but overpriced goods put alot of people off.

Problem is getting some cashed up detectorists from resisting buying one for the next 6 months.
It indeed would be an interesting scenario if it could be pulled off.
Will see what happens.

walkerminty
Boycotting it wont work the oz market is a drop in the bucket the real money will be made overseas at $10,700 anyone who has been detecting for a long time will have lots of places to go back over should recoup the $10,700 fairly quickly.

delete52
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerminty Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 pm

A sale is a sale whichever country it is. But I agree that the small fish in the ocean don't always get heard. Hope the pricing is fair around the various countries. It is really annoying seeing prices in the US much more competitive.

I suppose I am coming from the point of wanting to get one as I don't have a dedicated Gold detector and would love to get the newest one and increase my chances. In saying that I would increase my chances considerably if I could actually get down to the goldfields and swing any coil. Yeah love living in Sydney and working to pay the mortgage.
Please leave me some flyspecks next time at the Laaencoorie Bash.

walkerminty

walkerminty
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Guess the price - Page 2 Empty -guess-the-price

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:50 pm

$7500, going off all that has been offered up in info so far regarding increased depth. If the info is correct how can you compare a standard 11 inch 5k coil against a new 14 inch coil as an up to 40 % increase Question Also on larger nuggets a 15x12 comparison on the 5k compared to the new machine, come on everybody knows and has  even been stated on the forum by dealers that the 14 inch round NF was the best coil for size v depth. So i say why to myself, why would the vid show a 5k with a 15x12 that is not the optimum coil for that machine. Question Atm  my judgement is out with the new machine with little we have been given to digest. So far, i will stick with the 5k until it is proved we are on the same page, and not just testing against previous SMALLER coil sizes on a graph that is going to be biased. Be happy to somebody to prove my thoughts are wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:27 pm

G'day bloodgold2

When your asking/talking about why a 14" coil wasn't used on the 5000 to compare the new 14" coil against on the 7000.

My reason is that Minelab don't have a 14" round mono or DD coil for the GPX machines, and I can't see them using a competitors 14" round mono coil in there promo video, so the nearest they have is the 15x12 mono commander which they say they used for the big gold deep test.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi Bloodgold'

Until now I don't think minelab produced a 14 inch coil so the 25x12 was the closest comparison. I have the 15 x 12 and a 14 NFA mono's and can say they are both fairly equal. The 15 x 12 has produced some deep smaller bits.

I don't think it would be in Minelab's interest to use non Minelab coils in their advertising

Dave beat me to it. Must be great minds ........................
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:42 pm

davsgold wrote:G'day bloodgold2

When your asking/talking about why a 14" coil wasn't used on the 5000 to compare the new 14" coil against on the 7000.

My reason is that Minelab don't have a 14" round mono or DD coil for the GPX machines, and I can't see them using a competitors 14" round mono coil in there promo video, so the nearest they have is the 15x12 mono commander which they say they used for the big gold deep test.

cheers dave
Hi Dave, fair enough mate, im hearing what you are saying, Smile  though it throws out the real figures of the increased preformance from the 7k to what alot of opperators use as a prefered coil in the field already.Mate i just want someone to show ,me real improvement on what we are already using for the extra price tag that has been rumoured.Smile  Is that to much to ask???? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Is that to much to ask????

No it's not mate, and I reckon we will get a barrage of info real soon, I'm sure there would have been comparisons made between competitors coils and we may get to see them at sometime, but I just can't imagine that Minelab will be using others coils in there actual promotion and advertisements.

Not long to wait now I reckon. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:55 pm

G.B. wrote:Hi Bloodgold'

Until now I don't think minelab produced a 14 inch coil so the 25x12 was the closest comparison. I have the 15 x 12 and a 14 NFA mono's and can say they are both fairly equal. The 15 x 12 has produced some deep smaller bits.

I don't think it would be in Minelab's interest to use non Minelab coils in their advertising

Dave beat me to it. Must be great minds ........................

Hi GB,a 15x12 was used in the test maybe a typo mate lol! sorry mate i can not agree on that them coils would be equal, no way, my 17x11 NF does not come close to what Goldhound and Maniac pull out at depth with the 14 inch round. Mate im no gold guru by any means, but i have seen and been and proven that test. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:45 pm

G'day BG2,

Even though this was bought up on another thread, How big do you think the transmit coil winding is on 14' super D ?

than compare that to 15x12  mono or a 14'mono,   T10

Last edited by Aurumick on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thinking)
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:53 pm

why didn't they use the 18 inch mono on the 5000 as a comparison????food for thought.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:14 pm

thegoldman24 wrote:why didn't they use the 18 inch mono on the 5000 as a comparison????food for thought.

Good point Goldman.
If they had used the 18" mono, and if the 18 mono picked it up as well, people would question: Why do I need to sell my 4500 or 5000 ?
They might as well have had an 8" mono on the 5000. The only true test is to put your most powerful coil and settings on the 5000, then test what is the maximum depth to find a target, then come back with the GPZed and show that it can beat the 5000 no matter what coil or settings you have on the 5000.

Ps . I've personally dug down to 30" for a piece of steel with a 4500 with a 20" mono, big deal!
For nearly $11000, it better be able to beat a 5000 with all the coils and settings you can ring out of it, on mineralised ground, or else what's the point?

Last edited by slimpickens on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:21 pm

yep my thoughts exactly.lf there was no doubt about the 7000 superiority l would have thought they would have proved it there and then when they made their video by using the 18 inch mono coil on the 5000 thereby satisfying any doubts people may have.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:32 am

If the first batch is already sold out (How many tectas is that?) then some people are happy to put a deposit on something that has been bandied about as costing 10,700 AUD.
That means they are prepared to go higher if need be but will be happy if it cost less.
Those who are waiting to hear the final price are baulking at 10,700 and will likely only purchase a GPZ7000 if it is significantly less than that? and then only if they can sell off some of their other detectors?
Somebody said that the GPZ7000 looked like a toy......Maybe it does a bit but then Tesoro make detectors that look toyish but they work very well.
Mr B candy designs extremely fine metal detectors, I reckon we can be sure that this newbie is not toy.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2