Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ-7000 Who can you trust

+5
kon61
Cadian
Scrat
rc62burke
alchemist
9 posters

Go down

GPZ-7000 Who can you trust Empty GPZ-7000 Who can you trust

Post  alchemist Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:57 am

The survey poll here shows that half the contributors to this forum will wait for a bit of feedback on the new machine to weigh up the pros and cons before fronting up with the cash.

But with all the hype who can you trust?

A couple of posts here mention that a few Professionals who have seen the GPZ recommend “hanging on to what you’ve already got”, and that “the GPZ is a disappointment”.
Can we trust their statements? Well, if the GPZ is a real beaut, it’s in their best interests to have fewer of them around competing for their bread and butter. So no!

On another forum, some who have put down their holding deposit have confessed that they will not be publicly giving feedback on the GPZ, I hazard to guess that any flaws will be well and truly brought to peoples’ attention to dissuade competition. So No!

There will always be the “True Blues” though, all forums have them, they are real dedicated hobbyists who gather great satisfaction from sharing their hard earned knowledge with others. It gladdens their big hearts to see others succeed at this hobby and do well and become proficient electronic prospectors like themselves. But, the dark side is they are often treated with suspicion, and interrogated as to their associations and rewards from a certain company, and the ironic thing is, the perpetrators are often quite new to the forum, and have no idea who they are attacking. I’ve seen it happen right here! So yes, we can trust these people implicitly if you know who they are, and if they haven’t already been forced underground by keyboard ninnies.

It will not be long now and the net will be awash with GPZ feedback to weigh up in our own decide-a-meters, but in the meantime the first rush of information will come from the company and their foremost GPZ cyber frontmen and testers Steve Herschbach, and Jonathan Porter. Can we trust them? After all, their integrity over this very model has already come under personal attack on this forum.
The net is a very good repository of ones’ comments and dealings over the years. Look back you will see that both of these Gentlemen have provided masses of machine performance notes along with exposing warts on the Minelab range without fear of repercussions from the company.                  
One obvious example comes to mind. Jonathan on his 4000 video goes to great lengths to point out the difficulty the 4000 experienced over some anomalous ground, even firing up a 3500 to show how it coped better. He offered settings to try and make the 4000 more stable. Obviously this problem did not surface during initial testing, but I believe it was addressed by SETA on the 4500. He could’ve just brushed this under the rug, but no, he wanted operators to be aware of it. Steve’s honesty and integrity in similar matters is just the same.

Both being Professionals, it’s in their best interests to point out problems and get them fixed. Sure, some problems may come to light after release, that weren’t evident during testing. Just like the example above, but I have no doubt that either of these Guys will try their hardest to come up with a work around.

After all that, how insulting it was to see these Guys attacked here. Some people just have to put others down to feel elevated in their own eyes, how sad.

Sorry for the waffle, just had to get it off my chest.
Alchemist out.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

GPZ-7000 Who can you trust Empty Re: GPZ-7000 Who can you trust

Post  rc62burke Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:46 am

Hey Mate
I agree what a well thought out post, Very Happy Cool
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrat Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm

I agree!
Well put Alchemist.
Scrat
Scrat
Scrat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadian Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm

A great post mate, I totally agree we should wait and see what the pro's have to say as in the past they have always been honest in there appraisal of the machines they have tested .I have found J.P videos to be informative and very honest.
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:45 pm

I have 3 of the most competent,people I can trust,to inform me of how good the new GPZ 7000 is,as compared to the current line of GPXs.
Once I get feed back from them,I'll have no second thought in parting with the $10 grand+ asking price.There are none more reliable nor better trained,to give me a guaranteed 100% detector evaluation.
So what if their names are Me,Myself and I. Q24 Q35

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Excellent post Alchemist and also agreed 100%.  To bad some of the others "ninnies" do not put together such a balanced post.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm

If the new detector is so much better than the 5000, Why would Minelab tell me that the GPZed is not designed to be competative with the 5000??
Could it be that it is so much better than the 5000 that there is no competition? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:23 pm

adrian ss wrote:If the new detector is so much better than the 5000, Why would Minelab tell me that the GPZed is not designed to be competative with the 5000??
Could it be that it is so much better than the 5000 that there is no competition? Wink

Likely yes.  If I was MineLab I would try and maintain the SDC, GPX and GPZ as 3 different market sales points depending on what type of detecting that people want to do and what they can afford.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I dont think trust is an issue given I heard that 68 people had already signed up for one from Coiltek , Maryborough at $10,500. V18  V36

Last edited by Mike54 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed your disrespectful remark. ADMIN.)
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:47 pm

It's narky comments that pee me off big time.
I left the forum not long ago due to BS, Narkyness and angst that  riddles  this forum
     I think it is time that management got together and cleaned up the trash and tossed it all in the rubbish bin
The forum is becoming a joke to our overseas readers because so much of it sounds like a bunch of old women gossiping while sitting around the fire doing their knitting.

Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:49 am

adrian ss wrote:It's comments like in the above reply that pee me off big time.
I left the forum not long ago due to BS, Narkyness and angst that  riddles  this forum
     I think it is time that management got together and cleaned up the trash and tossed it all in the rubbish bin
The forum is becoming a joke to our overseas readers because so much of it sounds like a bunch of old women gossiping while sitting around the fire doing their nitting.

Yes Adrian I agree with what you are saying and I have edited his last remark as it was being disrespectful to others.

Mike.

ADMIN.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reno Chris Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:26 am

Who to trust?
Trust yourself.
It is only you who can answer questions like:
Is it worth it for me?
Can I afford this detector on my budget?
Do I get out and prospect enough to justify this expense?
Do I have other important things I need or want more than this?

Initially there will be only a limited number of testers reporting their experiences. However, it wont be long and there will be a flood of reports form all sorts of individuals. You may even have mates who purchase one and will allow you to give it a test run. It will take a few months to happen, but there will be plenty of comments, thoughts and experiences posted. Once that happens, you will have plenty of input to evaluate, and once that occurs, trust yourself and make your own decisions.
Reno Chris
Reno Chris
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  aussiedigger Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:38 am

Reno Chris wrote:Who to trust?
Trust yourself.
It is only you who can answer questions like:
Is it worth it for me?
Can I afford this detector on my budget?
Do I get out and prospect enough to justify this expense?
Do I have other important things I need or want more than this?

Initially there will be only a limited number of testers reporting their experiences. However, it wont be long and there will be a flood of reports form all sorts of individuals. You may even have mates who purchase one and will allow you to give it a test run. It will take a few months to happen, but there will be plenty of comments, thoughts and experiences posted. Once that happens, you will have plenty of input to evaluate, and once that occurs, trust yourself and make your own decisions.

Totally agree mate Q38 Q15

BTW All forums are the same I have found. Over the years I just weed through the B/S

I may add Minelab have never let me down yet they are cutting edge and that's good enough for me to get the GPZ 7000 straight up.

ad...
aussiedigger
aussiedigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2013-01-07

Back to top Go down