Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 what will you do

+38
Detrackozi
Qld Sandy
GoldHound
ichi-ban
goldnomad
deepseeker123
Jack outwest
Tributer
secret gold
Aurumick
Winterwood
akko
goldpoacher
Troopy
cam
avon g
CostasDee
rc62burke
gullyhunter
slimpickens
Ash100456
Martin R
Jonathan Porter
walkerminty
papoutsi
Inhere
Alan WA
BatchelorGold
Nightjar
ozgold 041
angus
gold-fever
Redfin
Digginerup
ruffles
kon61
Alwaysback
G.B.
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What will you do if you buy or don't buy a GPZ 7000

GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap8%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap49%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 61 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 125

GPZ 7000 what will you do Empty GPZ 7000 what will you do

Post  G.B. Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

I am keeping my 4500 plus getting a GPZ7000 what will you do
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 what will you do Empty Re: GPZ 7000 what will you do

Post  pablop Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:15 pm

I need to see what I can do over time with the SDC before forking out for something twice that price, or more.

I have got more from the pan than the SDC and need to start working in different areas.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 what will you do Empty GPX 5000

Post  Alwaysback Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:28 pm

The run has started on 5000's being put on sale. There will be some bargains to be had for the Early Birds who don't already have one.
The Price will drop away rapidly when the new 7000 comes out.
What will you do, sell now and wait or miss the boat.
Cheers Doug Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Alwaysback
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:32 pm

mark me down for the "i'd absolutely love one but no way i'll be able to afford it" option.

Q03

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Forking out what ever it costs is one thing,finding out the GPZ's overall performance over any ground is a minimal jump over that of the 4500/5000 detectors,using similar size coils,will be heart breaking.After all,this is new detecting technology we're talking about? It not only has to be good,but far better than previous models.
I know most would want to grab one ASAP and go hit their old flogged gold haunts,before anybody else does,by all means go for it,but I think I'll reserve my vote,till I can get my hands on one and do a side x side comparison over various types/size gold targets/ground.
Wise move G.B keeping your 4500 to compare with before parting with it,for no one knows another's detector,better than the one who's had a while testing/using it.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 pm

I have a few friends that will be buying one and will have
the opportunity to test before before purchasing

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

yes KON i also will be keeping my 5000 until i can see if the 7000 is worth upgrading to.

i have never chased the fly shite, so the 2300 was of no interest to me. the new EMI was also not a big problem where i detect. the mineralisation in qld is not a real problem like vic. i really dont want wifi headphones, got a gps, and the large super D coil has got to be heavier at the "wrong" end.

the only possible plus will be the depth advantage, if there is one. i can wait to see if that is actually true.

i still cant hear a definate yes that this 7000 is "the top of the range" new invention, OR that talked about machine is yet to come later in the year. does anybody know for sure? ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 pm

I already traded in one of my gpx5000s a couple months ago in anticipation of the new release V22 got a $5000 trade in so was very happy.
Now the missus can use the other gpx while I go digging craters with the new one V11 V18

Ps. Kev, it's definatley the bazooka mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:32 pm

thanks GOLDGEO i would hate to get the 7000 and then find out within the year that it was just the experimental midrange 5000/2300 combo with the yet unproven zvt technology. the clincher will be the depth advantage. if in fact it doesnt live up to the hype, there are going to be a lot of red faces around. (their 20% skite of previous machines was achieved via quieter and targeted modes, if you knew how to use them. this 40% gain with less fiddles is a huge claim) ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 pm

What will they cost?,  what will a 5000 be worth for a trade in one ? I suspect there will be an initial flurry of activity but as always the level of detector operators out there is not set by the availability of machines or their cost but by the level of those willing to work for the gold, many will buy as they have with the 5000 but its not for the faint hearted and many will sell just as quick as they bought...if they can, when the reality of the game hits home Wink .

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:07 pm

Going to get the newbie as soon as they come out, On the list. Hopefully before we head off. Hanging onto our current detectors
Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : On the list)
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:10 pm

No good trying to trade a 5000 now mate, spoke with minersden and they said they would not be taking them, they don't want to get stuck with hundreds of them. Private sale is the only option now. Although they did say they would be providing 3 month interest free finance to give people time to get the cash together from selling there gpx, gold etc.
Lucky I got in early Basketball
I'm pretty confident the new machine will be the goods. Those worried about comparison tests with same sized coils aren't looking at it right. The new super D coil is taking advantage of new technology which will enable it to punch through the mineralized ground that even the 5000 couldn't tame.
All this mono/dd , bigger coil talk is irrelevant when your talking new technology.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Already on the list for one and keeping the 5000 so we can both hunt new ground.
Keeping the 2300 so we can both go out in inclement weather.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 what will you do Empty cost

Post  gold-fever Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Has anyone ever considered that this sort of marketing is just a way that a company can judge exactly how much they can slug you. Don't feed them.

Rob-Jane
gold-fever
gold-fever
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:17 pm

I'll be keeping our two 5000s until we see how the new one goes as its new tech.
As maybe the old 5000 will still have its place in the arsenal or maybe it will be rendered obsolete by the 7000.
I'll find out soon enough.
Minelab is the only brand I would trust to buy without testing beforehand as every detector I have bought in the past has been better than the last and lived up to their performance claims.
I can hardly contain my excitement I can't wait to swing a new detector!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  angus Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:24 pm

I'm guessing that you will have to dig 40% deeper into your pocket for the new GPZ, so there's a 40% chance I will have the 40% extra spondoolys required .
So I will probably have to work 40% harder and save 40% more and be 40% nicer to the good wife before im in with a shot.
But I will wait 40% longer till 40% of you guy get them and listen to about 40% of what people have to say and disregard the other 40%.
So I guess im a 40%er   Wink
Keepin the SDC 100%
Cheers Angus
angus
angus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 pm

On the contrary goldgeo,all things are relevant,when it comes to the legitimacy of claiming this and that.You talk as if you'v thoroughly put it to the test.Have you yourself compared/tested it against previous model PI detectors? Can you tell us how much better,in overall performance it is,over that of the GPX 5000,over the same ground conditions? New technology yes.Claims of up to 40% deeper? Over what and where,remains to be seen.The only way I'll know for certain,is to test one against the 5000 myself.It has to be proven to me,by me,not based on clever advertising/hear say alone,for what is the purpose of having new technology,running smoother,quieter,than all previous detector models before it,yet not be able to go deeper than the 5000 on a 1 ounce slug of gold,over the same section of ground?
Claims remain only claims until put to the test.The only thing irrelevant at this stage in time,are hear-say talk,and unless we get detailed,honest comparison reports,from experienced long time detectorists,all questions regarding the performance of the new GPZ 7000 remain relevant.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:16 am

IF i was in the market for one, i'd take exactly the same approach as you Kon. Marketing is just that, but even though i'm relatively new to the game and have only swung a few different Minelab PI's, each release has been an improvement over the previous just like GoldHound said.

Incidentally a VERY respected employee from a VERY respected dealer in Vic told me on the weekend that you can expect to part between $8000 - $9000 for a GPZ 7000!!! affraid

I don't know why he threw that figure out there and I certainly don't like starting rumors, but i didn't start this one so don't shoot the messenger.

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:18 am

I remember going to the atx unveiling in perth and listened to the claims on how great the atx was how deep it went how better then the gpx 5000 it was blah blah blah. I bet there were a few who regretted buying that detector.
On the current situation I'm trying before buying. If it's good I'll get if not well I'll keep going with the 5.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 am

Would anyone here buy a car just on looks,without test driving it & then find out there's little or no go under the bonnet? I think not.
People must not misunderstand what I'm trying to say here. I am not trying to diverge anyone from buying,nor bagging Minelabs reputation,for every PI model detector to date,(as stated by others here) has been better and better.Would I myself as a long time detectorist,not be over the moon if the claims of the new GPZ 7000 performance,far surpassed that of the GPX 5000? You bet I would,who in there right mind wouldn't. If the claimed performance is there,it be worth every cent of it.
Like I'v said in the past,justification when buying is what I'm after,for parting with money is one thing,finding out the new toy I'v bought,had little performance benefit over that of the previous (GPX 5000) is another. Remember once bought and payed for,you'r stuck with it and if it wasn't all it was made to be,you might end up selling it,whilst justifying all but its true performance capabilities.
Now some might say who cares what it costs,for I'v got,can afford or can find the money to buy it.Fair enough to those who can without second thought,but I do wish to state that $8000/9000 for a hand held detector,aint no drop in the ocean,for many either.
What ever the increase in price may be for the New GPZ 7000,(being a consumable),the greater the loss will also be upon sale.
Hey G.B,Would it not have been easier for me,just to put my vote in and keep me gab shut? Laughing

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:46 am

Gee Kon, I don't see this Poll as being beneficial. Don't you think it might be going pear shaped or even turning into a slanging match? Shocked

Get my drift?

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:56 am

Being on a pension I very much dought that I could ever afford the new detector. The only way I could would be to trade my 5000 in and then ask everyone I know to donate $2.00 to the wombat detector fund and then pray that I get enough Q10 Otherwise just stick with my 5000. V12
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

Wombat wrote:Being on a pension I very much dought that I could ever afford the new detector. The only way I could would be to trade my 5000 in and then ask everyone I know to donate $2.00 to the wombat detector fund and then pray that I get enough Q10 Otherwise just stick with my 5000. V12
wombat Wink

Wombat just put up a map to Big Nugget Country with an X marks the spot then set up a $20 toll gate T15 T15 V06 V18

Make it a one way road so they don't drive back past V02 V13

Problem solved new detector in the bag T11 T06
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  ozgold 041 Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:59 am

kon61 wrote:Would anyone here buy a car just on looks,without test driving it & then find out there's little or no go under the bonnet? I think not.
People must not misunderstand what I'm trying to say here. I am not trying to diverge anyone from buying,nor bagging Minelabs reputation,for every PI model detector to date,(as stated by others here) has been better and better.Would I myself as a long time detectorist,not be over the moon if the claims of the new GPZ 7000 performance,far surpassed that of the GPX 5000? You bet I would,who in there right mind wouldn't. If the claimed performance is there,it be worth every cent of it.
Like I'v said in the past,justification when buying is what I'm after,for parting with money is one thing,finding out the new toy I'v bought,had little performance benefit over that of the previous (GPX 5000) is another. Remember once bought and payed for,you'r stuck with it and if it wasn't all it was made to be,you might end up selling it,whilst justifying all but its true performance capabilities.
Now some might say who cares what it costs,for I'v got,can afford or can find the money to buy it.Fair enough to those who can without second thought,but I do wish to state that $8000/9000 for a hand held detector,aint no drop in the ocean,for many either.
What ever the increase in price may be for the New GPZ 7000,(being a consumable),the greater the loss will also be upon sale.
Hey G.B,Would it not have been easier for me,just to put my vote in and keep me gab shut? Laughing

Cheers Kon.

Hi Con.

I'm with you on that.
I know 3 pros that search for deep gold that have tested this new detector.
The all said they would stick with their 5000's.

It didn't cut the mustard.

Ozgold.

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:27 am

ozgold 041 wrote:
kon61 wrote:Would anyone here buy a car just on looks,without test driving it & then find out there's little or no go under the bonnet? I think not.

Cheers Kon.

Hi Con.

I'm with you on that.

Ozgold.

Hmmm
Pro's you say???? have tested it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes & they say they will stick with the GPX5000 Very Happy Cool  hmm I wonder scratch scratch geek lol!

Maybe Question Question  these "Pro's" want to keep all that DEEP "Gold" for themselves Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink affraid
Therefore by telling you this they are preventing the early take up of this new offering by the Hoards, OR maybe it's you who is doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

What I am getting at is there is nothing like first hand knowledge to make a decision upon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to someone yesterday about the 7000, I asked if you think it will be as good as they say??? "I know it is" was the reply!!!!!!!!!!! source protected by non disclosure agreement, so don't ask lol! lol! scratch scratch Very Happy Cool T10 T37 V46 V46 V46 V46

Last edited by rc62burke on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just because I wanted)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:33 am

ozgold 041 wrote:

Ozgold.

Now what would pro's know about detecting? They weren't gold diggers were they? Laughing
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:39 am

hi OZGOLD,
i remember reading your thoughts a few weeks back on this 7000 in particular ---

if the latest model to come is presented as an easy to use, simple to operate detector, in a new style (for a gold detector) and being a complete package no wires backpack etc. It is sure to please a lot of hobbyists and weekend warriors, newbie’s etc of that I’m certain.
After all they are happy with any size gold for the day, and not like the more experienced semi pro, or goldfields local resident going out whenever he likes, now these are the blokes that do want a better deep seeking machine.

Most prospectors have the best there is at the moment until the big mother gets here, so why shouldn’t they bring out this GPZ 7000 now? At least it will give the trade the boost it needs right away, especially for the dealers. Not to mention a lift in the share price for their investors.
------ (taken from your file) ---

MY FEARS EXACTLY

then your comments immediately above "3 pro types are going to keep their 5000"

i thank you very much for confirming my concern that this is in fact going to be a popular, easy to use, simplified, 5000/2300. people have been complaining about the heavy battery, leads, no wifi, no gps, no usb etc for ages. minelab is keeping the average buyer happy, good on them. i will wait to see if the 40% extra depth has any trouth to it. the vague reference to 40% extra depth would be incredible. i will wait to see the verdict before jumping ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:37 am

When this machine is on the dealers shelf and factual information and price is confirmed then and only then will a decision be made.
Definitely not working on hearsay.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  BatchelorGold Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:49 am

If the 7000 is absolutely killing it....it will be a no brainer! Sell the 45 and grab the new wand!
I will reserve judgement on what we all hear over the first few months of release on various ground around the country. Not sure I will be able to try before I buy up here in Darwin so I'll be using everyone's reports to sway my decision.
I certainly have some colour put aside! Very Happy

BG
BatchelorGold
BatchelorGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:59 pm

I thought the pro's looking for big deep gold used 4500's, or even 2200's

Think I'll be getting one early.
Just see what ml's blerb is at the full launch time.
Surely they wouldn't outright lie.....?? Surely..

Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next