Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saw-it-in-person

+6
deepseeker123
Aurumick
Detrackozi
pablop
rc62burke
geof_junk
10 posters

Go down

saw-it-in-person Empty saw-it-in-person

Post  geof_junk Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Some feed back on Yank Forums

http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11229-gpz7000-saw-it-in-person/

http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11202-minelabs-new-gpz-7000/page-3
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

saw-it-in-person Empty Re: saw-it-in-person

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:53 pm

study cheers V06 V11 V18 Q11 T14

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Man
It sounds like Doc is impressed!!!!!!!!!!!

He wrote some targets were 200% better depth!!!!!!!!!! lets see if you got said target with a GPX @ 100mm then that equates 300mm for a GPZ gee that is some serious improvement on the depth scale & he also said 40% was the average not the MAX Shocked Neutral Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 pm

It sounds like it's gonna be a serious bit of kit. The sooner it's out for us to use the better by the sounds of it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:53 pm

geof_junk wrote:Some feed back on Yank Forums

http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11229-gpz7000-saw-it-in-person/

http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11202-minelabs-new-gpz-7000/page-3

Looks like I may have to get one and hire a digger as well (person not machine), if it can punch that deep.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:36 pm

This Detector is going to suck the gold from your old patches like no other and once it is released and more post just how good it is you will forget about the $10,500 .

I know of two that have already paid $15,000 up front waiting for the release. The net is going to go into overload once they are out there in the field it's got my tick√

V26
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm

davsgold wrote:It sounds like it's gonna be a serious bit of kit.  The sooner it's out for us to use the better by the sounds of it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers dave
Does that mean? The better half is going to get one as well??
Seeing how she wasn't allowed to have an Aldi special lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Jen 1 each and bigger picks is the go there is some serious digging to be done.

The money save on the Aldi special can go towards the bigger picks. Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Hold on peoples if I'm not mistaken I thought he said it was compared against a SDC 2300 for a 200% depth increase, and on average 40% depending on the prevailing conditions with a maybe. of that to a 5000.

JP corrected the man about the name of the tech,ZVT ( sorry DOC.),& JP.

Don't get me wrong I'm just as excited about it as you guy's are.

V06 V11 V06 

Cheers
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Aurumick wrote:Hold on peoples if I'm not mistaken I thought he said it was compared against a SDC 2300 for a 200% depth increase, and on average 40% depending on the prevailing conditions with a maybe. of that to a 5000.

JP corrected the man about the name of the tech,ZVT ( sorry DOC.),& JP.

Don't get me wrong I'm just as excited about it as you guy's are.

V06 V11 V06 

Cheers

Don't think doc was saying ZED is the technology, pretty sure he was having a joke about how Aussies say zed and they say zee for Z

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Q33

I think JP & yourself may have read it wrong. Looks to me as though Doc's having a bit of a tongue in cheek poke at us Aussies over calling the machine the GPZed rather than the Yankees GPZee Razz
He did say it was tested against both the SDC & GPX but didn't detail individual results only that the GPZ averages 40% deeper & in optimum testing conditions up to 200%. He also said it was extensively tested adjusting for different coils & conditions?
I would assume that it was put up against the SDC for small gold sensitivity comparisons & possibly small gold depth comparison?
Hopefully all of Doc's comments aren't tongue in cheek Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 pm

So is the 200 percent compared to the 2300?????????? Question Question Question

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2015-02-05

Back to top Go down

saw-it-in-person Empty -saw-it-in-person

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 pm

mbasko wrote: Q33

I think JP & yourself may have read it wrong. Looks to me as though Doc's having a bit of a tongue in cheek poke at us Aussies over calling the machine the GPZed rather than the Yankees GPZee Razz
He did say it was tested against both the SDC & GPX but didn't detail individual results only that the GPZ averages 40% deeper & in optimum testing conditions up to 200%. He also said it was extensively tested adjusting for different coils & conditions?
I would assume that it was put up against the SDC for small gold sensitivity comparisons & possibly small gold depth comparison?
Hi Mbasko, yeah would be nice for new erra of deep punching machines  Very Happy  not before time  Smile but  i would rather hear from testers on the field like JP ect on facts, rather than dealers that are going to push hard to earn a quid, which is also fair enough as it is there living, but what i am trying to say after the gloss, lets see whats under the bonnet Smile Not having a go at anybody, im just a realist.

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Thats right.JP has always been on the money, so lets see what he says.... Very Happy

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:
mbasko wrote: Q33

Hi Mbasko, yeah would be nice for new erra of deep punching machines  Very Happy  not before time  Smile but  i would rather hear from testers on the field like JP ect on facts, rather than dealers that are going to push hard to earn a quid, which is also fair enough as it is there living, but what i am trying to say after the gloss, lets see whats under the bonnet Smile Not having a go at anybody, im just a realist.
Gday - Bloody oath mate! Can't wait until JP & others get "unleashed". I reckon this thing will cause global www. melt down once some serious info comes out Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Doc's been around a while...and he tends to exaggerate...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 pm

That's true, 123 the 40% extra could be comparing fine gold to the GPZ timings on ant dung pieces.

Some here might be setting themselves up to be bitterly disappointed.

Minelab marketing surely all deserve a medal, raise, and a free GPZ for coming up with this stratergy of hyper-anticipation.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Faultzone Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:22 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:

I Agree BG, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating by those that do this for a living.

Its easy to get caught up in the marketing hype....just ask the 7th Day Adventists!

Its still Pulse Induction tech....Lets hope it truly tests as well as they claim!
Faultzone
Faultzone
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 pm

FFS!   Evil or Very Mad all this talk is driving me f&%$#*g bananas with gold fever  Q18  ,   Embarassed I feel like a kid the night before Xmas again..... lol!

could be some big decisions to make pale

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Digginerup wrote:FFS!   Evil or Very Mad all this talk is driving me f&%$#*g bananas with gold fever  Q18  ,   Embarassed I feel like a kid the night before Xmas again..... lol!

could be some big decisions to make pale

Wayne. cheers

What are you getting ME for Xmas MATE Question Question Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink Wink Shocked Shocked

Last edited by rc62burke on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dumb arse)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 pm

I will only get excited when JP tests it in hot ground in Victoria, like Kingower.................

American ground is much quieter..............

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidG Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:30 pm

With all due respect to JP he's hardly going to say it's not as good as the hype is he. The only way to satisfy yourself is to buy one and put it over one of your old hammered patches.
DaveM.
DavidG
DavidG
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:39 pm

DavidG wrote:With all due respect to JP he's hardly going to say it's not as good as the hype is he. The only way to satisfy yourself is to buy one and put it over one of your old hammered patches.
DaveM.
So David do you think J.P will exaggerate just to help sell them  V54

Back to top Go down

Post  deepseeker123 Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 pm

I dont think hes like that.....and if you do that youre going till get caught out.

deepseeker123
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Not sure why they would even test it against the 2300 if the ZED is soooo much better than the 5000.
So that 200% better depth was most likely compared to the 2300 maybe and that is going to make the 2300 and everything else (PIs) ML have built for gold work almost worthless.
Anybody want to sell their 4500 to me for 50 bucks. clown Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:07 pm

adrian ss wrote: Not sure why they would even test it against the 2300 if the ZED is soooo much better than the 5000.
So that 200% better depth was most likely compared to the 2300 maybe and that is going to make the 2300 and everything else (PIs) ML have built for gold work almost worthless.
Anybody want to sell their 4500 to me for 50 bucks. clown Wink  
You can buy mine.. But I want more then $50 dollars  lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidG Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:43 pm

"So David do you think J.P will exaggerate just to help sell them."
Think he's a bit to honest for that Jen, but he's not going to write an adverse report either. There's a lot of good operators out there who will pass on their opinions over the next few months and so give us a better idea of the units capabilities.
DaveM.
PS.The waving finger does nothing for me either. Very Happy
DavidG
DavidG
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:48 pm

DavidG wrote: "So David do you think J.P will exaggerate just to help sell them."
Think he's a bit to honest for that Jen, but he's not going to write an adverse report either. There's a lot of good operators out there who will pass on their opinions over the next few months and so give us a better idea of the units capabilities.
DaveM.
PS.The waving finger does nothing for me either. Very Happy    
Awwww Crying or Very sad   I thought the waving finger was good..  lol!   lol!

Back to top Go down