Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 what will you do

+38
Detrackozi
Qld Sandy
GoldHound
ichi-ban
goldnomad
deepseeker123
Jack outwest
Tributer
secret gold
Aurumick
Winterwood
akko
goldpoacher
Troopy
cam
avon g
CostasDee
rc62burke
gullyhunter
slimpickens
Ash100456
Martin R
Jonathan Porter
walkerminty
papoutsi
Inhere
Alan WA
BatchelorGold
Nightjar
ozgold 041
angus
gold-fever
Redfin
Digginerup
ruffles
kon61
Alwaysback
G.B.
42 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What will you do if you buy or don't buy a GPZ 7000

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap49%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 61 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap19%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 24 ]
GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 125

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Empty Re: GPZ 7000 what will you do

Post  goldnomad Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:24 pm

avon g wrote:I have to agree with rc62burke on this one.  

Qld Sandy I thought that the other two comments of yours were particularly harsh, narrow minded and quite arrogant also:  

Qld Sandy wrote:Will just keep my old detector and not bother getting the GPZ 7000 19%
19 % probably don’t get to do a lot of detecting and are happy with what they have as they are still learning it.

Will upgrade my older detector to a GPX when there is a flood of used ones on the market 2%
2% enjoy being behind the times.

Best of luck

I fully concur. We're not all Minelab dealers who buy their person equipment at wholesale. Shocked
Perhaps, in this instance, your opinions would have been better kept to yourself. Suspect
I thought you were better than that Peter. Sad

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi Pete
Now I know you may not have meant what you wrote..
Well I hope you didn't mean it..

(The 2 percent enjoying being left behind the times.)

No I don't think so, no one wants to be left behind.

As we are not all rich, I wish we were.

As it is it may be way out of a lot of people's budgets.

Fingers crossed it's not going to be too pricey, as I don't even think we may be able to afford one.
And we do have a little stash of gold backing us up..

But more for unexpected emergencies Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
avon g wrote:I have to agree with rc62burke on this one.  

Qld Sandy I thought that the other two comments of yours were particularly harsh, narrow minded and quite arrogant also:  

Qld Sandy wrote:Will just keep my old detector and not bother getting the GPZ 7000 19%
19 % probably don’t get to do a lot of detecting and are happy with what they have as they are still learning it.

Will upgrade my older detector to a GPX when there is a flood of used ones on the market 2%
2% enjoy being behind the times.

However after your relentless hard selling of the SDC2300 this comes as no surprise Rolling Eyes  This technique may work on other customers of yours, but i certainly won't be one of them.

Best of luck

Opinions are just that, opinions. We all have one whether we're right or wrong. I have opinions on things I am passionate about and believe in and if that gets me into trouble then so be it. I wrote quite a bit about the SDC as I saw a lot of negative garbage about it, some from people who didn't even own one. If you think I am hard selling then I will just step back and just watch. Best of luck.

Peter
In my opinion I don't see there any need for you to take a back seat, as your input here from your years of experience is highly valued!!!!

Each man is entitled to his own opinion & should be able to express such when he feels the need (that goes for the girls too Very Happy ) as long as this is done in a respectful manner in regards to others, then there is no problem.
Yes you were very Pro the SDC2300 & so you should be, but most folks acknowledge there are a few issue's with it & that is what was being discussed, granted there were some who bagged it for the sake of it.

We have all made some comments on here or in person that in hindsight could have been said better & that my friend is where Passion gets in the way of good judgement!!!

I am a firm believer that one does not have to own something to form an informed opinion on it!!!!!!! eg; I know that the GPX5000 is a great detector but I do not own one nor have I used one, mate I am not having a go at you as I have full respect for your knowledge!! I am just trying to point out another point of view just like in my earlier post in regards your statements.

I am looking forward to your reports on this machine as I know you have some DEEP ground to revisit with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said the other day on the phone my WIFE will not approve the purchase of a new detector which is not paid for with "GOLD" Sad Sad no matter how much I want it, so the other detectors will have to work hard to pay for the potential upgrade no matter which way I go!! Cool
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Jen58 wrote:Hi Pete

Fingers crossed it's not going to be too pricey, as I don't even think we may be able to afford one.

Hi Jen,
I realise that a lot of people don't have a lot of disposable income, and I thought those would be in the 19% that are happy with what they have. It has been said on here many times that some people are still learning their machines, sometimes because they don't do a lot of detecting for whatever reason.
I am also aware that some people don't want or need the latest machines for their own reasons and I thought they would in the 2%.
If it has been taken the wrong way then I unreservedly apologise, and will sit in the naughty corner until I am wanted or needed.
Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:48 pm

and will sit in the naughty corner until I am wanted or needed

Ok times up, you can come out now because your both wanted & needed. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
Jen58 wrote:Hi Pete

Hi Jen,
I realise that a lot of people don't have a lot of disposable income, and I thought those would be in the 19% that are happy with what they have. It has been said on here many times that some people are still learning their machines, sometimes because they don't do a lot of detecting for whatever reason.
I am also aware that some people don't want or need the latest machines for their own reasons and I thought they would in the 2%.
If it has been taken the wrong way then I unreservedly apologise, and will sit in the naughty corner until I am wanted or needed.
Cheers.
Don't put yourself in the naughty corner, as you are needed, and are a very respected member.
That's the problem when putting pen to paper, it doesn't always get the right message across..
I too am sorry.Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:52 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
If it has been taken the wrong way then I unreservedly apologise

Can't ask for more than that. Q15

Lets hope when you lucky people have your new machines your not still saying:

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Images10

John

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Looney wrote:
Qld Sandy wrote:

John
Didn't you know there is no pleasing some. They will always want more!
So yes, we need it to go deeper lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I reckon ML have painted themselves into a corner if the predicted price of a 7000 is $10k +. Consider, that price is about the same as the current retail price of a 5000 and a 2300 combined, providing we ignore the current "special offers" that are around.

So if ML pitches the price any lower, then firstly, there is no premium for "new technology" that's they're claiming in the 7000. Next, because the predicted price is $10k or thereabouts, if it was pitched lower than that, it would have 5000 and 2300 owners in uproar as the secondhand value of their machines drops automatically, pro-rata.

I predict the price will even higher than $10K. There has to be a premium. That's typical "Codan, profit driven, publicly listed, share price driven" marketing. I wonder what the price is in the USA, Brazil or better still somewhere cheap like West Africa, Burkina Faso or Guinea, which are all low GDP countries but have good goldfields?

Just saying,,,,,

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Jen58 wrote:
Looney wrote:
Qld Sandy wrote:

John
Didn't you know there is no pleasing some. They will always want more!
So yes, we need it to go deeper lol! lol!

Jen I am one of those people I already want more than 40% extra depth and I haven't even got it yet lol!
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:03 pm

We have to remember that codan is a multi national company that has purchased an Australian company. it will price its product to suit its larger customer base and I am pretty sure it is not Australia. we will just have to grin and bear it .
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:21 pm

Sandy...
If it has been taken the wrong way then I unreservedly apologise, and will sit in the naughty corner until I am wanted or needed..
Your not permitted to administer self punishment for being opinionated. Nor do you apologize for the misinterpretation taken by others.  Next time you leave your desk without permission though, i'll hand you an implement and we call all watch. Now, tuck that bottom lip away and rejoin the class.

T05
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:39 pm

A very successful man once said while washing a Wagyu steak down with a '51 Grange:

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Images13

Later that day, while aboard his Dassault Falcon 900 he said:

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Untitl11

Not sure where I'm heading here. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Narrawa wrote:Sandy...
Your not permitted to administer self punishment for being opinionated. Nor do you apologize for the misinterpretation taken by others.  Next time you leave your desk without permission though, i'll hand you an implement and we call all watch. Now, tuck that bottom lip away and rejoin the class.

T05

Narra,
Last time I looked you were sitting beside me in the corner. How did you get away because you've been there since 2009? Suspect
Make sure the implement isn't sharp as I might hurt myself. V13
And then you'll laugh. Q25
And then you might have a little wet accident. Q29
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 what will you do - Page 4 Empty -gpz-7000-what-will-you-do

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:14 pm

I will probably wait and see how they perform, by the sounds of it we will already have 3x 7000's in our crew. It took Goldhound and Maniac 12 months to pry my beloved 4000 from my grip to upgrade to the 5k Smile and i have only had it this season just passed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:Leee, I don't see those comments as harsh. I see them as reality.

Sell or trade older detector to obtain a GPZ 7000 9%
9 % are scratching and are wise with their money

Wait until I know how good they are and then decide.47%
47 % have wisened to the detector market and don't trust the manufacturers claims but are keen on their detecting.

Wait for a used GPZ 7000 to come on the market.2%
2 % have got some cash but will not waste it on something they know nothing about.

It could be argued that the above comments are harsh also. I believe this new detector is aimed towards those that are serious and can afford it.
Perhaps like a new Maserati is aimed towards those that like performance and can afford one. I'd like one of those but can afford it, but I don't come up with conspiracy theories and marketing plans to help them sell more and get me one at the same time. It is Minelab's new machine and it is their call, I guess after many executive meetings and market analysis to settle on a figure, which btw, has not been announced as yet and is all pure speculation to this point.
Cheers.

My comments are just a humorous sidswipe at the many ways the stats can be interpreted. They were not intended as serious.
Other interpretations have been posted.

A number of people talking about the high price of the new unit??
Does anybody actually know what that price is??

A 40% increase in depth under certain conditions over the GPX5000 is a seriously big claim that I imagine will be tested over and over again by many keen and experienced operators..........I feel it will be a claim that will be the cause of many arguments.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Will have the goldfields cleaned up by the start of the release so I will wait for the next model GPZ 7500 Saturn V46

V47
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
Narrawa wrote:Sandy...

T05

Narra,
Last time I looked you were sitting beside me in the corner. How did you get away because you've been there since 2009?
Suspect
Make sure the implement isn't sharp as I might hurt myself. V13
And then you'll laugh. Q25
And then you might have a little wet accident. Q29

No no no...you came and sat beside me.... Razz ....i was born in the corner, its where i reside. You came into "my" space!!. Embarassed

As for me getting out of the corner.....it never happened!!!
Now!...go back to your own seat.. and think about bringing the b!tch an apple tomorrow.... teachers love apples. T06
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:46 pm

tricky 1 wrote:We have to remember that codan is a multi national company that has purchased an Australian company. it will price its product to suit its larger customer base and I am pretty sure it is not Australia. we will just have to grin and bear it .

I thought that Codan was an Australian company based in Adelaide.  Background is based on several SA & WA based companies.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:08 pm

pablop wrote:
tricky 1 wrote:We have to remember that codan is a multi national company that has purchased an Australian company. it will price its product to suit its larger customer base and I am pretty sure it is not Australia. we will just have to grin and bear it .

I thought that Codan was an Australian company based in Adelaide.  Background is based on several SA & WA based companies.

Minelab is the original Australian company, which Codan bought out a number of years ago, aprox when the 5000 first came out.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 pm

davsgold wrote:
pablop wrote:

Minelab is the original Australian company, which Codan bought out a number of years ago, aprox when the 5000 first came out.

cheers dave

Have a look at the history of Codan, seems like Oz based history to me.

http://www.codan.com.au/Aboutus/OurHistory/tabid/81/Default.aspx
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:54 pm

wow, thats impressive history. good to see they are aussie through and through Very Happy

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:01 pm

pablop wrote:
davsgold wrote:
pablop wrote:

cheers dave

Have a look at the history of Codan, seems like Oz based history to me.

http://www.codan.com.au/Aboutus/OurHistory/tabid/81/Default.aspx

Yes, I never said Codan was an overseas company, just that Codan bought out Minelab, the original............etc

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  tricky 1 Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:32 pm

Sorry guys. I thought codan had interests all over the world. good to hear they are still aussie.
tricky 1
tricky 1
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-08-11

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4