Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nokta is listerning.

+4
GoldHound
rc62burke
ttrash
Narrawa
8 posters

Go down

Nokta is listerning. Empty Nokta is listerning.

Post  Narrawa Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:13 pm

Gota say it, there not full of sh!t like the other manufactures who continue to polish old turds.  Rolling Eyes
Whites gave us a new turd in the form of a cut down TDI. Hows that going?. Laughing  Laughing
Garret took the rag to the Infinium and polished it that hard they turned it into the ATX with coils costing more than a used SD.  
Minelab continued to polish turds right up till the 5k, ergonomic stools year in year out.
Fisher.?...what about Fisher, there got problems with one of their coin relic detectors thats being polished as we speak. We wont pick on them. Laughing

Nokta are really taking notes. The rocker switches have now been replaced with touch pads. Thats going to save a lot of repairs down the track.

I read here they offered free of charge a solid skid plate to the end user of one of their units.??..... thats unheard of....till now. affraid
I cant recall the manufacturer of the coils i use ever asking me if i needed a replacement for my coils....free of charge. Embarassed No!!...instead we got insulted, told to pay more and got less in return. Australia post is making a killing on return DOA coils tho.  Laughing  Laughing

Nokta said they were looking into PI detectors in the future.....ok now you really have our attention. Any manufacturer paying this amount of attention deserves a fair go.

It maybe worth while placing your wants within reason in one big thread to make it easy for Nokta to take note. If their paying attention to the wants and needs to the end users of  their VLF range, id say more than likely they'll do the same for the PI enthusiasts.

Well done Nokta for paying attention to your customers. It can only get better from here on.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Nokta is listerning. Empty Re: Nokta is listerning.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:04 pm

OK,

Lets see if Nokta is listening…………

1 - A VLF detector with 3 different frequencies that can be changed, like the Minelab Eureka Gold detector.
2 - A VLF detector that has a hot rock adjustment like the Tesoro Diablo Umax detector has.
3 - A VLF detector that has 3 coils …………… Ooh Nokta has that covered.

4 - Maybe the Nokta FORS Gold 2 might be the way to go………….. V23

afro

Back to top Go down

Nokta is listerning. Empty Nokta

Post  ttrash Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:45 am

Owen ,
Good post
Have you read the NSW field test report ?

Anthony
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:45 am

Hi ttrash,
Yeah  i think iv read just about everything i can find on them. Laughing

They are certainly open to suggestion by the end user, and that will win them some kudos in time as they start to populate hands with their products.

While VLFs wont take precedence over PIs on our soils for the serious gold prospecting side of things, they are certainly gaining momentum in areas PIs find problematic.... like areas of trash.
These are the areas that will soon be populated by the more savvy operators, and having a good VLF to take advantage of these spots will soon become the norm, more so than it is now to have a VLF as a backup.

Having a new player on the field thats taking notes, and responding to the end user is something thats been missing from this game. Most makers will make something and you have to adapt to its age old design. I believe Nokta are taking in what the end user is telling them. Thats evident by their quick responses to already found issues with the product. If they keep at it, who knows where that will lead them.?

With talk of PIs in the future, you cant help but pay close attention with what it is they are taking notice of with end user requests.
Hows that going to effect us in Australia.??? We have the soils that command attention, make it work here and you can guarantee it'll work everywhere. Wink
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:55 pm

BRAVO Nokta, if Narrawa say's you are doing a good thing well then you must be!!! it is about time someone listened to the users, keep it up do your home work & bring us something really special in a PI too!!!!!!!!!1
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:57 am

Hello..This is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta.. I personally wanted to thank you all... yes we are trying our best to listen because we believe ''customers'' should be the start point in everything you do in business. Instead of assuming what the customers need or want, listening to them and offering them what they really want is the key. We are not faultless just like no manufacturer or product is but listening will minimize our mistakes and enable us to respond to customer requests quickly. Of course, we cannot reach every single detectorist in the world but we try our best to respond to requests as we come across them. As AU is a new market for us, we sincerely hope that we can also make the AU customers happy just like our many customers around the world. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Dilek Very Happy

Merry Xmas to you and all at Nokta.
I feel a very strong union growing between Nokta and the AU detectorists
and wish you much luck and happiness with your venture.
It's about time a breath of fresh air blew into the detector market
and i'm sure there will be plenty of diggers waiting eagerly on your "hopeful" PI release
in the future.

Cheers
Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:38 pm

CrazyPete wrote:Hi Dilek Very Happy

Merry Xmas to you and all at Nokta.
I feel a very strong union growing between Nokta and the AU detectorists
and wish you much luck and happiness with your venture.
It's about time a breath of fresh air blew into the detector market
and i'm sure there will be plenty of diggers waiting eagerly on your "hopeful" PI release
in the future.

Cheers
Pete Cool

Thank you Pete! Our R&D is working on many new projects and I already told them that PI should get the priority : -) I am waiting eagerly as well...
Merry Christmas!

Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Nokta Detectors wrote:Hello..This is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta.. I personally wanted to thank you all... yes we are trying our best to listen because we believe ''customers'' should be the start point in everything you do in business. Instead of assuming what the customers need or want, listening to them and offering them what they really want is the key. We are not faultless just like no manufacturer or product is but listening will minimize our mistakes and enable us to respond to customer requests quickly. Of course, we cannot reach every single detectorist in the world but we try our best to respond to requests as we come across them.  As AU is a new market for us, we sincerely hope that we can also make the AU customers happy just like our many customers around the world. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Hi mate it sounds like you Guy's are making a positive effort to make a good product and keep your customers happy, although my last expierince with one of your products (the golden king) was not a positive one it seems that you have made a change for the better.
I really liked the idea of the golden king, if you could build a pi with the heat map like the golden king that actually works on targets that we would normally find with a minlab pi in varying soil conditions and it gave you the heat map picture you would be on a winner, fark I would buy two straight away even if they cost over 10 thousand each.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:59 pm

Aurumpro wrote:
Nokta Detectors wrote:Hello..This is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta.. I personally wanted to thank you all... yes we are trying our best to listen because we believe ''customers'' should be the start point in everything you do in business. Instead of assuming what the customers need or want, listening to them and offering them what they really want is the key. We are not faultless just like no manufacturer or product is but listening will minimize our mistakes and enable us to respond to customer requests quickly. Of course, we cannot reach every single detectorist in the world but we try our best to respond to requests as we come across them.  As AU is a new market for us, we sincerely hope that we can also make the AU customers happy just like our many customers around the world. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Hi mate it sounds like you Guy's are making a positive effort to make a good product and keep your customers happy, although my last expierince with one of your products (the golden king) was not a positive one it seems that you have made a change for the better.
I really liked the idea of the golden king, if you could build a pi with the heat map like the golden king that actually works on targets that we would normally find with a minlab pi in varying soil conditions and it gave you the heat map picture you would be on a winner, fark I would buy two straight away even if they cost over 10 thousand each.

Hello! Golden King was our first product and it was made for deep treasure hunting ideal for larger metals. King is definitely not the ideal product for AU. We officially joined the Au forums and started marketing our products with our latest edition FORS which is one of the best VLF detectors on the market today and is suitable for AU. Of course we are not comparing it to a PI but believe me it has its own advantages in many areas and conditions. You may want to go and read the reviews on it on some of the forums in the USA. There are a few reviews in AU as well and you can always contact us or our dealer to get more info on it should you be more interested. As I stated before, our team is working on a lot of new projects including PI detectors. We hope we can see you as a happy Nokta or a Makro ( we bought Makro and we are one company now) customer with your next purchase as this is what matters the most to us rather than the money you are willing to spend.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:13 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:OK,

1 - A VLF detector with 3 different frequencies that can be changed, like the Minelab Eureka Gold detector.
2 - A VLF detector that has a hot rock adjustment like the Tesoro Diablo Umax detector has.

4 - Maybe the Nokta FORS Gold 2 might be the way to go…………..  V23

afro

If you can turn your Fors Gold detector with the two things mentioned above then you could be on a winner detector.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:55 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:

afro

If you can turn your Fors Gold detector with the two things mentioned above then you could be on a winner detector.

Actually, our FORS Gold detector  eliminates hot rocks and handles mineralization much better than many VLF detectors in the market. Some experts and customers who wrote reviews on FORS Gold in different forums also pointed this out in their reviews. In regards to your comment regarding multiple frequencies - this is an easy technology that can be incorporated in a detector but there are also disadvantages to it. In fact, most VLF gold detectors use a single frequency which is referred to as a key spec by many experts, users and some manufacturers. So it is a give and take type of feature..in FORS we decided to put all the boost into a single frequency detector and the result is a very powerful and special VLF detector. We thank you for all the feedback and all will be shared with the team for future projects. As we get so many feedbacks, of course we cannot make them all happen in a single machine but we definitely listen to what the majority wants or need and try our best to offer it.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:03 am

Sounds like your detector is okay but we still need some better reviews from Australia.
Are you waiting on any more?
Thanks, Uncle Bob

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:10 am

UNCLE BOB wrote:Sounds like your detector is okay but we still need some better reviews from Australia.
Are you waiting on any more?
Thanks, Uncle Bob

Yes, we definitely are....

Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:18 am

Better pull my head out of the sand and have a look around, this is the first I've read about the Nokta? scratch study

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:53 am

Nokta Detectors wrote:
UNCLE BOB wrote:

afro

Actually, our FORS Gold detector  eliminates hot rocks and handles mineralization much better than many VLF detectors in the market. Some experts and customers who wrote reviews on FORS Gold in different forums also pointed this out in their reviews. In regards to your comment regarding multiple frequencies - this is an easy technology that can be incorporated in a detector but there are also disadvantages to it. In fact, most VLF gold detectors use a single frequency which is referred to as a key spec by many experts, users and some manufacturers. So it is a give and take type of feature..in FORS we decided to put all the boost into a single frequency detector and the result is a very powerful and special VLF detector. We thank you for all the feedback and all will be shared with the team for future projects. As we get so many feedbacks, of course we cannot make them all happen in a single machine but we definitely listen to what the majority wants or need and try our best to offer it.

There are two main types of hot rocks.
There is the positive hot rock that  produces a metal target signal and there is the negative hot rock that causes the threshold to go quiet or negative.

If there is a piece o gold beneath a positive hot rock and the gold produces a metal target signal the same as or weaker than the hot rock signal then this gold will be tuned out when the hot rock is ground balanced out.
If the hot rock produces a negative signal then when the gold beneath or along side the hot rock produces positive metal signal, then ground balancing this Neg hot rock may allow the gold to be heard, which is fine and dandy but here in Australia most of the highly iron mineralised hot rocks are positive rocks and will blank out or override any gold hiding beneath them or that are along side the rock .

I have yet to use a Gb VLF metal detector that can signal positive on all gold irrespective of size, under positive hot rocks that have been ground balanced out.

Even my Lobo Super track which has excellent ground tracking ability in many levels of mineralisation will at times tune out small gold when ground balanced.
If the Nokta Fors is superior in the ability to find gold in, under and around all types of hot rocks then I can see it being very useful in Aussie ground conditions.

Otherwise it would be just another single frequency GB VLF/TR.

GB ModeThe Garrett AT Gold has a good iron ID function in the All metal Mode but even this detector can signal iron on some small gold in heavy iron mineralised ground or in iron trashy areas.

Back to top Go down

Nokta is listerning. Empty Nokta Are You Listening???

Post  gold bug sniper Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:19 am

I would like to see a affordable lightweight pulse (PI) detector to use for tiny gold nuggets down to 1/2 grain in size, with iron id for dozer shavings in the scrapes on the gold fields, auto/manual ground balance with lock, and reset button,  in a lightweight normal style detector housing, shaft, center mount coil, etc, Due to the goldfields being thrashed pretty hard all over these days, about the only sure thing left to find is tiny gold missed by the big minelabs running big coils. The gold bug 2 does this pretty well most the time, but in more than a few places where we detect the ground is just too hot for a VLF detector, these areas generally have a lot of tiny gold. Most the gold in these areas is between 1-2.8 grains in size between 1-3 inches in depth, a pi detector with 5-8 usec timing would do it. Iron id would only have to be good for a few inches since most the tiny gold is near the surface. I know this is a very specialized machine but for serious prospectors I do believe it would sell if well built and affordable.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Its hard to keep up, with two new VLF models already in the making. affraid
Markro RACER Relic/coin  and Gold RACER in the pipe line.

Interesting times ahead.
Nokta is listerning. Racer11
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 pm

gold bug sniper wrote:I would like to see a affordable lightweight pulse (PI) detector to use for tiny gold nuggets down to 1/2 grain in size, with iron id for dozer shavings in the scrapes on the gold fields, auto/manual ground balance with lock, and reset button,  in a lightweight normal style detector housing, shaft, center mount coil, etc, Due to the goldfields being thrashed pretty hard all over these days, about the only sure thing left to find is tiny gold missed by the big minelabs running big coils. The gold bug 2 does this pretty well most the time, but in more than a few places where we detect the ground is just too hot for a VLF detector, these areas generally have a lot of tiny gold. Most the gold in these areas is between 1-2.8 grains in size between 1-3 inches in depth, a pi detector with 5-8 usec timing would do it. Iron id would only have to be good for a few inches since most the tiny gold is near the surface. I know this is a very specialized machine but for serious prospectors I do believe it would sell if well built and affordable.

Right on Brother, put me in line for one too Very Happy

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:22 pm

The way their going....we could have a PI by the weekend. T05
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Narrawa wrote:The way their going....we could have a PI by the weekend. T05

Gotta agree Narrawa, even just the way they have their finger on the "Pulse" (pardon the pun) Razz  with quick post responses
is more than we have had from past OEM's inc ML, G and all the others etc etc.

"PulseBug2" ??
Cant see why not  Very Happy

Pete  Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:33 pm

"PulseBug2" ??
Cant see why not
Gee mate, i know their quick, but what happened to the PulseBug version 1.?  V19  

Did i miss that one while having a nap.?..V02 .hmmm?...the old saying is riff is it not.?...if you snooze you lose. T05

However thats a good idea  Idea ....perhaps we should ask Nokta if their willing to let the end user...name the unit.??  
Make it a competition where the winner of the "name the PI detector" competition receives a unit free like Nugget finder did with the Sadie coil.??
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:38 am

Hmmm a "name the new PI model" comp sounds good mate cheers
study  Says here the name "PulseBug" is already entered by a bloke
in Oz lol!  study  Yup! Aha Aha V01 V07

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:35 pm

CrazyPete wrote:Hmmm a "name the new PI model" comp sounds good mate cheers
study  Says here the name "PulseBug" is already entered by a bloke
in Oz
lol!  study  Yup! Aha Aha V01 V07

Pete Cool
I did read that.....in fact, its gunna be hard to top. scratch

I got nothing. V19 ............yet! V22
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:17 am

Hey Pete I like that PulseBug name, I am ready for one, cash in hand. Hehe.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down