Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Minute Check List

2 posters

Go down

Last Minute Check List Empty Last Minute Check List

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi everyone I'm heading up tomorrow (Thur) and should be there by about lunch time. So I thought I would put up a "Check List" for everyone.

The Bash Starts Friday night at about 5pm with nibblies put on by the park (BYO drinks) Followed by a fish and salad dinner $6 per head. Bring you own Plate Knife & Fork

Breakfast & lunches are covered by the Carisbrook Lions Club at a cost price.

Saturday Night is a Roast Dinner put on by the caravan park $13 per head. If you have not booked your tea, book now by ringing the park. Bring you own Plate Knife & Fork

Anyone that is having a Car Boot Sale don't forget your table and chair.

Old detectors, we are still looking for any old detectors for our "Detectors from the past display"

Don't forget to bring your favorate drink (coffee and tea will be available at the Rec Hall kitchen)

Bring a Chair

But most of all bring your Piggy Bank, Cheque Book or Cash as there is bargens to be had at both the Raffle on Saturday night of at the Auction Sunday afternoon. Over $20,000 worth of prizes.

The Bash should come to a close by no later than 3.30pm.

The weather is starting to look great for the weekend with temperature in the 25c. range

Looking forward in seeing all your smiliing faces.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Last Minute Check List Empty Re: Last Minute Check List

Post  roofa Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Gaday bill, I love your enthusiasm, great to see mate, its to easy for people to say I carnt make it somthing has come up, il go next year, that happen to me this week, but then I thought stuff it im just going to go regardless of the expence or what ever , sometimes you have to make that extra effort, cos you'll always regret it, so any one out there who is undecided , just bite the bullet and go, I think these opportunities are to good to miss.thanks.john.

roofa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks John I agree. This is the only detector and prospecting get together of it's type in Australia and this is why we get people coming from all over Australia for it. I know times are tight for some people but they still can come  and enjoy the atmosphere and the friendship of fellow prospectors without spending any money. It does not cost you anything to get into the park and you can still come to the lectures, browse and talk to our stall holders, look at the displays, go panning. And you have goldfields just outside the park if you wish to go detecting.

**A foot note** Friday night we are having both Presidents, Rita Bentley (PMAV) and Stephen Dangaard (NAPFA) to tell us what they are doing for us and prospecting in general and the reasons why we ALL should belong to these very important Associations. ( I think this is the first time that the both Presidents have ever meet in person )
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerminty Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Roofa your right. It is a good weekend. I am actually driving from Sydney for it. I went last year and met some very helpful people. So you locals don't have an excuse in terms of distance. It's worth coming along and picking the brains of some experienced detectorists. See you On the weekend
Andrew

walkerminty
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post  roofa Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Good on you andrew thats the spirit mate well done, I havent been before but looking forward to it, will see you there.

John.

roofa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down