Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi guys hello from Cape Clear

2 posters

Go down

hi guys hello from Cape Clear Empty hi guys hello from Cape Clear

Post  Ronk Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:47 pm

I have been a prospector for several years but not been active for most of them   I own a sd2100 i bought in 2002.  we spent 3 months in outback WA detecting and it took us while to learn how to use it properly , but we did find gold and ended up with several ozs  I stil have a few small nuggets but we did sell most of what we got .

anyway I and family have decided to get back into detecting again , anyone that has any experience will know 2100's are not that great So we are looking into what type of detector we purchase in the near future

i think it will most likely be a minelab for sure  it will be just a case of deciding which one   new or old

Also i am trying to find out more about upgrades and whether they are worthwhile or not

Cheers Ron

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-09-22

Back to top Go down

hi guys hello from Cape Clear Empty Re: hi guys hello from Cape Clear

Post  Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 am

Hi Ron and welcome to the is mate. If you get a chance come up to the Laanecoorie Gold Bash mate as most of your questions can be answered there and a really good chane to meet a heap of the guys & gals from the site. But most of all it is a fun weekend. Go to the Laanecoorie 2014 topic section on the front page for details.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Ron , Welcome to the forum , good luck out there ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronk Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:18 am

sorry for taking so long to reply but i got lost in this forum anyway back now

think i missed the laanacoorie bash

will try to follow some topics on here but i have never had an email or any prompting from the site

cheers

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 am

Ronk wrote: will try to follow some topics on here but i have never had an email or any prompting from the site cheers

G'day Ronk & welcome to the forum

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the above?  If you want to follow a particular topic you need to tick to receive an email when a reply is added to the topic/s of interest, other wise just scroll through the posts and topics that may be of interest.

hi guys hello from Cape Clear Click_10

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronk Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:28 am

it says i am watching this thread now and i have had 1 or 2 emails so far I have joined a couple of other prospecting forums as well trying to figure out which one best suits my needs

there has been a recent take over of the aussi prospectors and it has decreased the to posts dramatically but it was prolific before that , I am looking to build a detector for a knowledge gaining and if it ok i will use it too , Going to WA next winter for month or so , I took a ML sd2100 there about 12 years ago , and we found just over 4 ozs gold and had a lot of fun ,met some nice people there too ,
Looking to make a thread of the build and details . just a case of where i will run the thread i guess ,any suggestions welcome

cheers Ron

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm

G'day Ron and welcome to the forum. You could just start your thread up under the All About Detectors Section.  "Other detectors". there is another thread in there called "Grant's DIY PI Detector". Just click on the new Topic on the top L.H. Side of the page and you can start up your own Topic.  

Here is the link to that Topic.  

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t6394-grant-s-diy-pi-detector

Hope this helps you.  

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down