Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner - Where to start - Cape Clear / Smythesdale etc

Go down

Beginner - Where to start - Cape Clear / Smythesdale etc Empty Beginner - Where to start - Cape Clear / Smythesdale etc

Post  neo__04 Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:46 am

Hi all,

Getting back into the detectingafter a few years with a non productive GP Extreme.
Its terribly noisy and doesnt seem right, so sending it off to get fixed/modded, hopefully get some something a little more usable.

Besides that, Im looking for some advide on a good area to start looking around when i get the detector back. Im at warrnambool, so the closest area would be Cape Clear/ Smythesdale area. Anyone do much detecting around here? Worth a look? Or can someone suggest a good productive area to start?

I'm not looking for anyones secret spot, just somewhere with a more likely change of some little gold so i can get a hang of learning the dectector and hopefully get our first find.

Any help would be great, PM me if you don't wanna type your secrets on here, Or if anyone is around the area that would be interested in heading out maybe on the mon/tue/wed after easter.

Thanks heaps!

neo__04
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down