Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt

2 posters

Go down

Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt  Empty Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt

Post  Gaz Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:51 pm

I dont know if this has been posted here before but here it is anyway .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRUtDeWED8&feature=youtu.be

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2014-01-24

Back to top Go down

Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt  Empty Re: Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt

Post  Gaz Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:54 pm

At 2.44 mark is where the sdc2300 fails to pick up the gold chain at all sitting on the surface .

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt  Empty Re: Minelab sdc2300 versus Garrett ATX on wet salt

Post  Digginerup Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:35 pm

A better comparison would have been made if one could hear the 2300 speaker same as the ATX..... another invalid comparison test.

Wayne. cheers 
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:34 am

Agreed as per what I said here Re "ATX IS QUIET"

Quote:

The problem with that video is that the ATX was not ground balanced properly and was set positive when moving towards the sand and yes the detection of the chain was clear in amongst the ground noise.
Unfortunately I could not actually hear the tone from the 2300 at any time during the test so had no way of knowing what the chain was sounding like.
The bloke with the camera and mic was too far away from the 2300 speaker for the test to actually demonstrate which detector was sounding off best on the chain.
The entire test seemed to be biased towards making the ATX sound better than the 2300 on a salt beach.
Who wants to use a 4000 dollar metal detector designed for highly iron mineralised gold field work for beach work, when the Infinium, Sea hunter, sand Shark, Duel Field and TDI do an excellent job for a much lower cost. Unquote.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gaz Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 am

I think the sdc is quiet on the chain because its not giving any signal . Though not a very good test , if you listen hard you can hear it going of on the clasp of the chain only .

Gaz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down