Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors

2 posters

Go down

Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors Empty Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors

Post  mariner3800 Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 2014

Hi All,

Well its coming around to that time of the year again when we start and put the 2014 Laanecoorie Gold Bash together and after raising the bar so far above our heads last year its going to be a hard one to beat, but we all love a good challenge.

Some of you who know me will be asking themselves " what it Peter doing I thought he was going to take a year off " Question Question 

Well I'm trying to take a bit of a back seat until after August due to many other commitments, but rest assured I will be there offering all my help and support leading up to and including the Bash weekend.

OK, enough said about that and lets get into the good stuff,

This Years Charity.... Well after raising a huge amount ( over $11,000.00 ) last year and the over whelming support for the Peter Mac Foundation it was decided that we will support this charity again this year.

Organisers.... The primary contact for this year Bash will be Bill " Wombat " and he can be contacted through the forum or on Mobile 0419 008 548. I can also be contacted on 0417 010069 ( Peter )

The 2014 Laanecoorie Gold Bash is being held on the weekend of the 10th, 11th & 12th of October

Location..... It will be the Laanecoorie Lakeside Caravan Park 03 5435 7303 or http://www.laanecoorie.com.au
So give them a call right now and book your Cabin or Site as these did book out rather quickly last year

Program.....This is still in the planning, but rest assured we have many of last years Sponsors & Activities already committed to this years event.
As of the 5/6/2014 we already have commitments from,

Laanecoorie Lake Side Park
Gold Prospecting Australia
Kambar Auto Care
Gold Gem & Treasure
Environmental Creations
Doug Stone
Detech Coils Australia
Nuggets From Down Under
Jack Langs Gold Hunter Detectors / Gold Scan Australia
Victorian Gold Panning Association
Prospecting Supplies
PMAV
NAPFA

We are looking for more sponsors so if you know of any business that would be prepared to help support our wonderful event and more so help raise money for Peter Mac please put us in contact with them.

The Park are going to be running the Saturday Night Roast Again and this year we are trying to organise a local community group to come in and run the catering for breakfasts and lunches so keep an eye out for up and coming information.

So start and think about this weekend as it will slip up on us all really quickly, so book your accommodation early and don't miss out

More Information to follow soon

Peter & Bill

mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors Empty Re: Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:25 pm

One thing we are defiantly thinking about having is car boot sales, selling prospecting and mining related items. There will be a small stall fee involved. The seller will have to supply his or her own tables ect. There also could be a gold panning competition run by the Victorian Gold Panning Ass. Mark and Ronda Hyde from "Gold Prospecting Australia" have offered to do their detecting training again over the weekend.
wombat  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Calling All Forum Members, Friends & Prospectors Empty H-E-L-P ... Any SA'ers headed for the Bash??

Post  getascripter Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 pm

For the first time, I won't be able to make it over for "the bash" BUT I have a few things that I'd like to try and get over for the auction ....

Free gifts for the Auction to help with fundraising for the nominated charity OR for the club

1) Brand new, never used smallish trash pump (1" I believe) ... purchased, had oil put in it but never had petrol in it, never been started etc ... brand spanking new!!
1) Small clean up sluice ... runs on 12v pump (one of those little "fish tank" thingies
1) Pyramid Pro Pan ... used twice & sparingly at that!
Anything else that I can find that I'm not currently using, or not using in the near future.

Anyone headed over from SA to Laanecoorie ... please give me a yell via PM & I will supply mobile number etc to have a yabber about it.
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down