Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac.

3 posters

Go down

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Empty Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac.

Post  pinpointa Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi Guys

Here is a comparison test using the Whites v3i over two targets close together. Against the Minelab e-trac. You might say are but i can hear their is two tagets their but the v3i picks it up immediately as you put your coil over the targets.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Whites13

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. E-trac11

Regards Pinpointa.

Last edited by pinpointa on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Empty Re: Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac.

Post  Narrawa Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 am

From the V3i pic i see that your using a copied Coin & Jewelry pattern. Laughing 
The little +/- symbol gives it away. Wink 

This is how i was able to get a brass key surrounded by iron junk the other day.Yet my signal graph was not so pretty looking. Laughing 
Ya just gotta love how it doe's that ay.?

As for the e-trac....cant help ya any. scratch
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Empty Re: Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac.

Post  GoldHound Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Thanks mate
Have you done any experiments with targets like say a small silver and say a worthless h penny or 1c or 2c coin's that have the same target Id no's to see if it can aid in picking them apart from each other.

Also have you used the CTX it performs way better than the etrac? (I also owned the etrac in the past)
If so how do you think they compare?
What were the strong points and weak points of each that you noticed?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  pinpointa Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi Aurumpro,

Here is an example of a 1945 florin and a silver ring very close toghether at 35mm. To start with you will notice the humps are falling a fraction to the right and the humps get distorted more as the targets are further seperated. These are picked up by the 6x4 shooter coil in a air test at 200mm for the ring and 240mm for the florin. You will the same thing with any 2 targets no matter what but the same vdi for both if they are close together but targets like a 1 and 2 cents you will get a different vdi for each target no matter what the target is. In my experience with the percentage 80% or what ever i would not work on it  to decide on the target and also the polar plot it will give on a lot of targets a good idea of what the target is. But its still up to the old noggin computer to make the final decision to dig or not.

I have a mate here who has the ctx and has all the explorers, e-trac and many other detectors and i have to admit that the ctx has a real good feature with the target trace,but its only good at pulling targets out of areas with a lot of iron.

If you are working in modern trash pulltabs etc, not an advantage. I have a another mate who goes out with the same guy with a Whites mxt  and they were in a area which was  a pre decimal  and the mate with the ctx had a target which he called over the other mate with the mxt who went over it and he said it was iron that turned out to be 172 pre decimals. So Minelab have definetly made a move forward in the right direction.

Thats it main advantage over the e-trac and a bit more sensitive and recovery speed has improved. But their is not one detector out their at this present time that can cope with every situation. Till some ones comes up with a brand new technology that has no affect with ground matrix then the detecting will be unbeleivable.

The finds with the 17 inch coil on the ctx on the beach is very impressive.

Regards Pinpointa.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Dsc00710
This is the florin and the silver ring.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Dsc00711
This is the slight slant in the humps.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Dsc00716
This even more distorted.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Dsc00717
Ring.

Two targets with the v3i and the e-trac. Dsc00718
Coin
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks Pinpointer
I would assume that those 2 targets as they are both silver would be near impossible for any detector to separate so it see's them as one.
This wouldn't bother me as they are both desirable targets, I was more interested in seeing if you can separate o say a worthless copper coin target and say a silver coin with the same or close VDI no's.
Or even tell the difference between them when they are scanned separately.

I've tried on the CTX and it can't when they are the same or very close no's it will just show them as 1 target on the target trace when they are in close proximity to each-other.
Even scanned separately there is no perceivable difference between them as they are both coins of a similar shape size and conductivity, but I can easily tell the difference between a silver ring and a coin with the same no's because of the different audio response and the target trace is more scattered looking than on a coin.
But the pesky blo0dy ally screw tops are still a pain as they look and sound much like the ring.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down