Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin.

5 posters

Go down

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Empty Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin.

Post  pinpointa Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:56 am

Hi Guys,

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. E-trac10

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Mydocu12

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Mydocu14

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Mydocu15
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Empty Re: Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin.

Post  slimpickens Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm

I'm not sure why I would want all these bells and whistles and graphs. My $600 Fisher F5 will tell me the same thing. If the number displayed on my screen is anything between 57 and 62 you automatically know that its going to be one of 3 possible targets. Either a $2 coin, a $1 coin or an aluminium screw cap. It seems like your wasting time waiting for graphs to appear. You don't need all that info, just the target number will do. IMHO
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Empty Re: Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin.

Post  GoldHound Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:07 pm

shiraz wrote:I'm not sure why I would want all these bells and whistles and graphs. My $600 Fisher F5 will tell me the same thing. If the number displayed on my screen is anything between 57 and 62 you automatically know that its going to be one of 3 possible targets. Either a $2 coin, a $1 coin or an aluminium screw cap. It seems like your wasting time waiting for graphs to appear. You don't need all that info, just the target number will do. IMHO

Gday Harry
All of those bell's and whistles allow you to operate in ares with allot of trash clutter and to pick the good target in amongst the trash.
The graph comes up instantly too mate.
I've used the fisher and I can assure you that it is no good in a trash cluttered area as it only responds to the strongest target signal and usually its the undesirable trash that's the stronger target.
I'm not saying that you won't find good stuff with it but that you will be leaving PLENTY.

As you know I also search for ancient treasure in europe every other year and when I'm doing this all of that info is very useful as a safety feature also as there is allot of land mines and unexploded ordnance.
2 things that I defiantly try and be careful around and these advanced detectors that give you all of this info back to allow you to make a informed decision on how to dig the target.
As I mostly search on my wife's family's large property holding I try to carefully remove any ordnance rather than leave it.
when I was in europe last I mainly used the CTX and it aided greatly at identifying these dangerous targets

Pinpointer
Thanks mate I'm going to be purchasing one very soon to add to my prospecting, coining, treasure hunting arsenal so any Info is well received by me.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm

The graphs appear instantaneously, there's no waiting. And in the screw cap 2nd from bottom graph, you can see the size of the target at the bottom of the screen where you see this measuring symbol......l<---------------->l and on the coin its only this big.....l<----->l.

Its all about having multiple IDs to make a better decision as to dig or not. On the first screen of the $2 graph, you also have just above the words VDI, a "%" telling you of the confidence. Same on the screw cap screen... They all add up giving you more information. While some are digging trash all the time, we move on to the next target. Very Happy
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Aurumpro, Narrawa, thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure there will be situations when all this extra info will be needed, and good luck to you if you have got the time, and inclination, and the need to use it all, but for the special park detecting and general beach detecting I do, it's a matter of getting in first and fast. The numerical display and the confidence meter on the Fisher F5 keeps me moving fast and stops me digging a lot of trash. Ahh, each to his own I guess.  Cool 
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:02 pm

shiraz , all good mate, its just some of us like to potter about like snails testing man against machine. And what better way to do that, then with the most complex one you can find.
I know what your talking about when you say---> but for the special park detecting and general beach detecting I do, it's a matter of getting in first and fast. Im like that when i have the old Bounty Hunter Land Star in my hand. Its a no fuss basic detector thats got the speed for picking up the surface coins/rings and to a degree, 6-8" if you slow it down.
Head on over to the other thread on the V3i for a look at this arvo's efforts.
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t17810p60-whites-spectra-v3i#170954
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Yes, I've seen the florins, nice work Narrawa.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 pm

I haven't had a chance to read through today's posts yet, but this stood out:

Aurumpro wrote:
I've used the fisher and I can assure you that it is no good in a trash cluttered area as it only responds to the strongest target signal and usually its the undesirable trash that's the stronger target.

For what it's worth:

A CTX3030 user had a look at my V3i today and did a test: he passed a screwdriver and a good target (coin, I think, but didn't check - was either a coin or gold) over the coil at the same time. He did this many times, varying the distance of the targets from each other.

Each time, the good target came through loud and clear.

He did the same thing with the CTX, and the result wasn't so good, with the good target only sounding through very faintly and only every now and again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:06 am

Aurumpro wrote:
Undesirable trash.....20,000 people at the race track on Melbourne cup day. All dropping money, jewelry, pull tabs, ring pulls, screw caps, twist tops and aluminum foil of all shapes and sizes. All detectors face the same scenario here...its operator, because there all going to signal off on the strongest target signal.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am

Narrawa wrote:
Aurumpro wrote:
Undesirable trash.....20,000 people at the race track on Melbourne cup day. All dropping money, jewelry, pull tabs, ring pulls, screw caps, twist tops and aluminum foil of all shapes and sizes. All detectors face the same scenario here...its operator, because there all going to signal off on the strongest target signal.

I see what you mean Narrawa I also agree that most of it is still down to the OPERATOR.
The operator chooses the settings and makes the discrimination patterns.
And most importantly the operator reads and tries to interpret the information and decides to dig.......or not.
But the more advanced detectors like the CTX, V3i ext ext have way better target separation and the discrimination is also way better and more user programmable.
Giving you a DEFINITE advantage over the less advanced detectors.

Last edited by Aurumpro on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo's)
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 pm

lenoil wrote:I haven't had a chance to read through today's posts yet, but this stood out:

Aurumpro wrote:

For what it's worth:

A CTX3030 user had a look at my V3i today and did a test: he passed a screwdriver and a good target (coin, I think, but didn't check - was either a coin or gold) over the coil at the same time.  He did this many times, varying the distance of the targets from each other.

Each time, the good target came through loud and clear.  

He did the same thing with the CTX, and the result wasn't so good, with the good target only sounding through very faintly and only every now and again.

I don't have the same problem with mine.
Maybe he didn't have it setup right.
Do you know if he was using the recovery fast option or not?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:49 pm

The issue with any IDing is depth. If your machine can ID a $2 coin past 5 inches then you've got something. Less than 5" and you might as well be using a Compadre.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:08 am

Shinegold wrote:The issue with any IDing is depth. If your machine can ID a $2 coin past 5 inches then you've got something. Less than 5" and you might as well be using a Compadre.  

The Fisher F5 will happily ping a $2 coin at 8 inches. Don't know about the Tesoro Compadre, but the Tesoro Silver Umax will easily pick up a $2 coin at 8 inches. And if you put it in boost it will probably find them deeper, but 8" is the deepest I've found a $2 coin so far.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  pinpointa Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Well their is lot more targets that you will get with your f5 if you have a tight program for $1 and $2 coins. Just for start brass eyelets, sinkers of certain sizes, brass keys, pieces of copper, buttons, screw caps and more and more screw caps. plus more junk.

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Screw_10

But if you are using the whites v3i down to 4 or 5 inches it will give you a good idea of the target below. You get a good id on targets to compare with the ones you dont want. As the design of the electronics is based on a circle it id really tops.

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. Red_an10

This is screw caps in another program.

Whites v3 using 2 different modes on a $2 coin. 1_coin10
This is the $1 coin. Its ony a flick of a button a quick look and wella a $1 coin.

Regards Pinpointa.
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down