Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The GP3000

+4
Narrawa
deutran
jollyrwe
Kon61gold
8 posters

Go down

The GP3000 Empty The GP3000

Post  Kon61gold Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Arguably one of the best detectors that came out from Minelab, it was certainly very popular. As the larger nuggets dried up the emphasis turned find gold, no matter how small and this machine certainly did that, particularly with the 8 inch ellipical mono. How have you found your 3000, we would certainly like to hear about it.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

The GP3000 Empty Very pleased with GP3000

Post  jollyrwe Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi Guys, just a few personal thoughts re the GP3000. I started with an XT17000 and caught the bug. Purchased an SD2200d and did pretty well. Have now had my 3000 (2nd hand) for a couple of years or more and it's certainly the best I've had so far by a long shot. Nothing wrong with the detectors above but I feel the 3000 is a serious detector. I've tried a fairly wide selection of DD and Mono's and my personal choice is a DD. However, on a recent trip in the New England area I had the opportunity to detect in a small area which had been well covered by several GPX 4000's. Undeterred I set off with an 8" eliptical Mono and within a couple of hours had bagged 4 nuggets with a total of 28grams, the largest was 22g. Now, I may have been just lucky but my point is that this was in an area supposed to have been flogged out. I maintain that regardless of which detector you have if you don't accept that all the golds been found and you are prepared to take your time and maybe look where the others haven't there always seems to be a bit they missed. Anyway, for my money I'll keep poking around with my little old GP3000 and doing OK thank you very much. As someone said once before......they never find it all.
Cheers
jollyrwe

jollyrwe
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

The GP3000 Empty GP3000 great on small gold

Post  deutran Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:45 am

Just reading the previous few post and couldnt agree more.We just got back from an area currently being flogged by GPX's,guess what,they missed 7 pieces scattered around we picked up easily with our GP's
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

The GP3000 Empty Re: The GP3000

Post  Narrawa Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Flogged, no such thing, i could also go back to the ground in question and bring home the bacon, have done this many times, so the word flogged is a comfort to those who find gold on ground that has been worded as being flogged.
Example of being flogged, flogged by persons with little experience, older machines, new machines, wrong settings, wrong coil the list go's on.
As was said above...no one gets it all, but remember this, what do you say to yourself when you go back to ground that you flogged and find gold again? was it really flogged? is there such a thing? the look on ya face when you did gold from a previous hole that you missed some weeks before?
Take a place like Tibooburra this week, and places now where the dust storms have just removed tones of top soil, food for thought.
Last week i put a guy on an area that i was getting gold with my 4500, he got gold with his extreme, did i miss this bit of gold? or did i not swing the coil over that very spot?
I suggest you go back to those areas and flogem again, $100 says yu'll find gold there again The GP3000 Icon_redface
The word flogged is used by those who cant find gold on a particular spot no more, it gives them comfort and piece of mind that there is no gold left.
I pulled an 18gram & a 39gram slug from a spot thats been said to have been flogged for 30yrs, as well as the many ounces that have come off this area in the last few weeks, i love flogged spots, can you tell me where some are? The GP3000 Icon_lol
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

The GP3000 Empty re flooged spots

Post  spidertice Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:18 am

i love flogged spots, can you tell me where some are? The GP3000 Icon_lol

yep,, near the home rule tip The GP3000 Icon_lol The GP3000 Icon_rolleyes The GP3000 Icon_cool

psssstt let you all in on the joke,, narrawa went there and didnt do any good
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 am

Let you in on another joke, took 17grams in one arvo & it wasen't from the tip.The GP3000 Icon_lol
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ace9x Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Gday all,

I've been watching a GP3000 on ebay. Starting bid $2800, buy now $3100. It looked very clean, to be sold with the usual kit, a 18" NF mono and the gold button (called a 3500 conversion in the add). Auction ended today, not a single bid! I didn't think that was a bad price. If I didn't have one "pending", I'd have taken a road trip for a look.
Have I missed something or are all the older ML detectors dropping in price?

Cheers
Andy

ace9x
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Back to top Go down

The GP3000 Empty My first Detector.... and it is a GP 3000

Post  ucdailoi Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Not a clue about prospecting, retired and living near Castlemain and just got myself GP 3000 from EBay for $2471.
I am chuffed to have joined the gold fever mob.

Is it best to go out alone, or with a partner...... and how does one find a suitable partner for fossicking. Preferable one that does not talk all bloody day.

I have a motorhome I need to sell and that will allow me to get a small bush basher that I can throw my gear into, one with solid rear springs to allow me to carry all that gold home. LOL

I look forward to gathering some interesting info from this site....

ucdailoi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon May 31, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi Ucdailoi,you will meet people once you get out there and remember your GP3000 works really well in mono or DD with the standard coil,go nice and slow!and dont forget to post a pic of your first find.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ucdailoi Mon May 31, 2010 11:44 pm

kingfish wrote:Hi Ucdailoi,you will meet people once you get out there and remember your GP3000 works really well in mono or DD with the standard coil,go nice and slow!and dont forget to post a pic of your first find.

What is mono or DD, and do you have any recommendations as to a "great place to start"?

ucdailoi
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 am

There is plenty of info if you look back through the forum that will answer most of your questions.Your standard coil is designed to be used in both mono or DD mode(check your manual for a description or download it from minelab).Try old diggings around main gold towns,look for mullock heaps and shallow holes and indications of early campsites,old bottles/tins/leather etc.If your detecting old boot tacks,nails,bullets your doing ok.Your motorhome can reach at lot of good places within a short walk,dont be too quick to get rid of it.Best luck.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:46 pm

I totally agree with Narrawa about flogged spots, im pulling up lead shot 1 foot down 2 feet down with that fantastic Woo Hoo sound...now someones missed them over the 30 years....i love flogged spots too and good to see someones positive about the ye old flogged spots and ive just started.....The Duck........ The GP3000 Icon_biggrin
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down