Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibooburra gold finds

5 posters

Go down

Tibooburra gold finds Empty Tibooburra gold finds

Post  solidslug Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Howdy all. Long time no visit. Heaps of tourists and prospectors up here this time of year. Today a bloke found a 16 gram-sun-baker near the lookout and his wife a 4 gram-er...So it's still out there. Another fella told me he was camped at Granites CP, walked over the back fence and found a 1.4g- 20 metres outside the park. It's been windy up here so the sand's moved a bit. Me and a mate went out near the airport last week. Of course I got nothin' , but he found 2 bits totalling .3g on the track(ML 4500). Another fella was through and stopped for a chat-he had a Whites GMT. We waved the 1.4g I have over it. My Infinium would only ping at 3 inches, but this thing would easily pick it up at 12..incredible for similar money. I also have various cheap VLFs. One really touchy one that when set right will actually discriminate. It picked out .4g with a nail 2 inches away and a 223 shell 3 inches the other side, showing a red light on the nail and green on the others.
Tonight when walking the dogs I noticed an area with far more decayed quartz than the rest of the area - only because the sun was in the right place-possibly the area of the original outcrop, so I'll head back tommorrow for a swing with the Infinium. Historically no gold found there but worth a look.
I haven't visited this sight for a long time because of the knockers and not-so-smart mouths. I suppose despite my positive input/info I will again be belittled by the schoolyard bullies and class clowns who use criticism to hide their shortcomings...monkey 
solidslug
solidslug
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra gold finds Empty Re: Tibooburra gold finds

Post  deutran Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Solidslug
Great post,keep that coil to the ground sounds like your next one is not far away.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  mullockgrubber Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:28 am

Tibooburra would be one of my favourite places to visit, some really remote country out there. The Santos Tickalara road to the Burke and Wills dig tree is a good drive with campsites along the way.

Thanks for the comments on gold out there, next time I go out that way will take the detector and spend a bit more time in the area.

mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:55 am

Let us know how the infinium goes on the outcrop , Its always interesting reading what other detectors are capable of from honest , real people who use them .

Back to top Go down

Post  solidslug Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Crying or Very sad Ironstone,22 shells,a copper fleck from a smashed projectile...and an unused metal staple...all the good stuff. Had a bloke in here today with a 5 gram he picked up behind the Aboriginal LC campground with his x-terra.Crying or Very sad  Yep, it's still out there.
solidslug
solidslug
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ShayneThill Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:01 pm

What kind of gold detector does a experienced gold hunter use? Anyone got gold detector from detectorall?

ShayneThill

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Most of the active and experienced prospectors use Minelab GPX 4000 / 4500 or 5000 if you can afford one.
Still plenty of older model Minelab PI machines in use and we have a growing number of people using the new Garret products
like the AT gold. Most gold is got with the PIs but gold is been found with other machines in the right conditions.

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra gold finds Empty tibooburra sounds good

Post  tez Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:27 pm

i hope to get there in may is a 4x4 a thing you have to have only got a ute at the moment tez
tez
tez
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down