Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READY TO ROCK !!!!

2 posters

Go down

READY TO ROCK !!!! Empty READY TO ROCK !!!!

Post  bakertron9 Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:34 am

gold fever has hit hard!
i watched youtube videos of people panning & treasure hunting in AUS til 3.30am, pretty sure most of the guys were from this forum. There was some awesome videos !
purchased 2 sieves, 3 pans, hand shovel/pick, rock hammer, pin pointer, gold vials & sniffer, 50x 9v batteries, bounty hunter metal detector, underchin earphones,

Watched peoples techniques closely, and picked up some good basic knowledge so im just going to go out warwick & wing it next week.
if i dont hit paydirt atleast i got a good bushwalk in.

Is there any other important tools i need? i was just planning on getting a couple of buckets, a trowel, and maybe a couple of 10-20ltr drums of water to keep in the car + A backpack if i have to do a bit of a hike

Is the Warwick site accesible by car ? Is a big hike involved ? And is there any etiquette or rules i should follow so i dont piss off other gold diggers or the public thanks in advance for any info
cheers

bakertron9
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-07-20

Back to top Go down

READY TO ROCK !!!! Empty Re: READY TO ROCK !!!!

Post  Twapster Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Consider a handheld GPS. I've normally never had an issue with "where am I", and "where's the car" while in the bush. Being distracted by a detector and concentrating on looking for gold makes one prone to not paying attention to other important aspects...ie making sure you know how to get back to your vehicle. My last adventure was the first time I almost got lost in the bush as I did a 360 turn and the entire bush looked the same from all directions. Really hit home that I could have got into a bit of trouble and hence why i'm now on the market for a GPS.

Peter

Twapster
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-06-19

Back to top Go down

READY TO ROCK !!!! Empty Re: READY TO ROCK !!!!

Post  Guest Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you have the motivation. Hold on to that and you will do well. A small first aid kit could be an idea. An epirb for when It hits the fan. Good luck

Back to top Go down