Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maps for Gisroam NSW

3 posters

Go down

Maps for Gisroam NSW Empty Maps for Gisroam NSW

Post  Chimpy Thu May 30, 2013 8:05 pm

G'day

I'm just wrapping my head around gisroam and wondering if anybody knows the best place to topo raster maps for NSW that don't cost an arm and a leg? Most other states seem to have it free or at minimal cost

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Maps for Gisroam NSW Empty Re: Maps for Gisroam NSW

Post  mullockgrubber Fri May 31, 2013 7:04 pm

The only digital NSW topo maps I know of are those from GPSOZ

http://www.gpsoz.com.au/ozraster/index.htm

$149 on a memory stick.

They are very good maps with all detail.
mullockgrubber
mullockgrubber
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:12 am

G'day

Thanks mate. I'll check it out.

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:37 pm

G'Day All,
Hi Chimpy; how are you going with GIS ROAM? and if it's not too much trouble could you give us a run-down on the system you are using, IE hardware; Apple Android or Microsoft platforms.
At this point in time I have been researching different open source GIS programs and for the moment exploring two programs; QGIS and GRASS.
As you indicated in your first post this stuff takes a lot of reading and practice to come to grips with the most basic operations, both programs are running on Windows XP SP3.
QGIS along with GPS Babel from what I have read has the ability to convert different GPS files to run 0n QGIS.
When I purchased my Garmin Montana 650T the Australian & NZ TopoV4 map came with it, this map has really good detail and if my understanding from my readings from the QGIS documentation I should be able to run this map in the system, more reading and practice will tell.
MemoryMaps would be worth a look if you're still running GISROAM, they have 1:25000 and I think 1:50000, there is a post hereabouts on using GISROAM and MemoryMaps, do a search and you should find the info.
Are there any other forum members using GIS programs for their research?
Chimpy; Hope the above is of some help and it will be interesting to see if other members are involved in this type of techo stuff.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down