Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX4500 and boosters.

4 posters

Go down

GPX4500 and boosters. Empty GPX4500 and boosters.

Post  bencld Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 am

Hi all. This machine has its own inbuilt booster. Does anyone run or recommend running another audio booster besides the inbuilt ?

I have a B&Z left over from last machine and wonder if I should rig it up ?

Chris.
bencld
bencld
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

GPX4500 and boosters. Empty Re: GPX4500 and boosters.

Post  AraratGold Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Chris,
I run a DetAcc booster / double speaker combo on my 4500. Great combo because it has an easily accessable volume control, and bypass switch which is handy at startup or when you are close to a large target.
Be advised it won't work using the standard Minelab 4500 battery ( some sort of clash between the 2 amps ) although it will work with a 4000 battery ( it doesn't have an inbuilt amplifier ).
I use one of the Coiltek lightweight pocket rocket systems.

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  bencld Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks Rick. I was running a B&Z on my 4500 last year and it worked OK with the 4 inch GME truckie speakers. I want to try and set it up again but not 100% sure on the wiring. The B&Z has a mono jack (where it goes into the battery) and the jack I have for the 4 " speakers is stereo. The speakers I have will work on bypass on the B&Z but not on boost. They need to be re wired I presume. Any ideas on wiring diagram ?

Chris.
bencld
bencld
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Not sure Chris but I am sure that JP or Qld Sandy would know the answer.
All my speakers are wired in mono however I use a stereo double adapter plug between the speaker output on the Coiltek battery system and the speakers.

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:00 pm

bencld wrote:Thanks Rick. I was running a B&Z on my 4500 last year and it worked OK with the 4 inch GME truckie speakers. I want to try and set it up again but not 100% sure on the wiring. The B&Z has a mono jack (where it goes into the battery) and the jack I have for the 4 " speakers is stereo. The speakers I have will work on bypass on the B&Z but not on boost. They need to be re wired I presume. Any ideas on wiring diagram ?

Chris.

There is a section in out "SETA Project" DVD showing the correct wiring for a speaker to work with the inbuilt booster of the GPX-4500 or check with your GPX-4500 owners manual, this setup is also the correct way for the B&Z.

JP

PS We sell the correctly wired speakers for $55 plus postage, they will work with either the inbuilt booster or the B&Z and have an ABS plastic clip for easy mounting to your harness etc.
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

GPX4500 and boosters. Empty poo

Post  xtragoldx Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:48 pm

hey i kno someone allen he's a huge guy cheers but he is a santa some timz alwaze givin me sumthin and were going to clermont to do sum gold fosicing lol! it will be sweet they got the gpx 4500 and gpx 4000 so yeah hope we get sumthing affraid so if you can giv me sum tips im new at the gold detecting thanx afro

Last edited by xtragoldx on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hey)
xtragoldx
xtragoldx

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-28

Back to top Go down