Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try??

5 posters

Go down

Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try?? Empty Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try??

Post  slippery79 Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:10 am

I'm a keen prospector and was doing a little research a while back and come across Pyramid Hill.
From what I could gather it looked like it could be a worth while area to wave a detector around. It's a long way from my current location, But I would be keen on making a trip, only I was recently deterred by one of their locals.
We started chatting while I was selling a boat on ebay & I noticed he was in pyramid hill and asked him what he thought of prospecting in the area. He was quick to tell me he had lived there near all his life and that on a couple of private properties that his close mates own there was loads of gold around.
Shortly after we were chatting on the phone and this bloke says to me if you give me ten grand I will take you to a place near here on private property where you will start finding enough to make the ten grand and whatever time you spend there well worth your while. And tells me if I wasn't happy I could have the money back and walk away no dramas.
He also asked me what type of vehicle I drive, to which I answered a vehicle type that doesn't fit the description of mine. Then he says well let me know if your interested you have my number. And warns me that he will contact his mates and let them know to keep an eye out for a blow in driving a certain type of 4x4 and informs me that if I was going to try my luck there without entering his agreement that I would be run out of town... How dodgy was that? And now I'm left wondering is it worth a try or not? Cheers..
slippery79
slippery79
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try?? Empty Re: Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try??

Post  Aussiedetecting Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 am

Ha ha ha local scammers. Mate my wife grew up there her entire life. Her grandfather was into prospecting. Never did he find gold at pyramid hill. I've even done some coin hunting around there. So let me tell you my observations. There's no quartz, there's no ironstones, there's no bookleaf slate & there's no black sand. All this combines to NO GOLD.
I wouldn't trust those blokes you were talking with as far as I can throw them.

They did do some deep lead testing at lockington about 2 years back. Might be worth investigating out there for some surface leads.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try?? Empty Re: Can anyone confirm Pyramid hill Vic is worth a try??

Post  slippery79 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 am

Cheers Brad, I could tell he was a scumbag! but I was curious considering the location, he knew I was traveling solo and I wonder what may have happened if I had of taken the bait. (curiosity killed the cat)??
Thanks for the feedback. I often think of that prick it could have gone bad for both of us Twisted Evil I couldn't believe this blokes form, nor my own stupidity in spending even more time researching the area for nothing. You can often pick a spinner when they are finding a bit. This fella told me he was to busy and told me his body wouldn't handle it etc. He went to a fair effort to stuff me around, called me back some time later telling me he would do it for 5k. I suppose it helps to bring you back to earth when your taken for a fool! Very Happy
slippery79
slippery79
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm

Slippery,your not the first nor will be the last on a duffer of a goose chase.I'v adopted a simple law of which one of the Bennet brothers(Tom) told me years back.When someone says to you they stumbled on a significant gold find North of here,head directly in line South and you'll most likely catch them digging. Laughing What a Face

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  slippery79 Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Good advice Kon, I know I will find another good patch one day. Cooma was home around a year ago and Numeralla also. I worked around lots of rivers and creeks in the snowy mountains and the surrounding area axing & poisoning willows, Fencing and doing various laboring jobs. At the time I only had a old 18000. Now that I have purchased the 5000, That country is screaming at me to return and give it a good going over. I cant wait to get back there! Not right now but it"s to bloody cold!
slippery79
slippery79
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm

That's the spirit slippery.You'll be right come late Spring/Summer.Anything to do with the High Plains,best to challenge it during the dryer warmer months.

Cheers Kon. cheers What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpybunz Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:25 pm

ey slippery,
I do know that they were drilling on my uncles property years ago and he is just down the road half way between Dingee and Pyramid hill. Now when the grands passed away and gave it too him he mentioned that there was sposed to be some found just over behind him but its deep.
Grumpybunz
Grumpybunz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:52 pm

slippery & others  -
Pyramid Hill itself bears NO resemblance to the Gold country further south.  However, some of the Gold that has been travelling north has got to be somewhere on/under the riverine plain that surrounds it.  I don't imagine it being very "chunky" by the time it travels that far though ?
BTW - PH is just a pimple on a flat plain and if you climb to the top you get an excellent view of the locality Very Happy 
Cheers
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down