Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough

4 posters

Go down

Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough Empty Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough

Post  Redshirt Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Started my last trip off near Chewton a great detecting field with lots of history, but the morning was spent mostly filling recently dug holes than digging gold but still managed these for 1.6 grams: Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough P1010052_zps179c4fc3It's very important not to leave any holes open in this area and fill any you find because this park is currently under review and will most likely be closed to detecting soon due to a small minority!

Next on to Newstead where I noticed a few locals out and about in their state forest.........dumping rubbish. Got these before moving on from the local tip 1.1g & 0.1g: Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough P1010051_zps974285ac

Next up the road to good old reliable Maryborough for the night where I extended the edge of a little patch 1.74g & a 1.82g iron specimen.Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough P1010053_zpsc4f32375 Redshirt
Redshirt
Redshirt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-04-10

Back to top Go down

Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough Empty Re: Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough

Post  bedrock Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm

good going redshirt, youl'll have to wear a gold shirt now Smile.
cheers
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough Empty Re: Driving around the old goldfields! Chewton Newstead Maryborough

Post  ZigZag Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 am

Nice gold Q38

ZigZag
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 am

Nice gold Redshirt and a good report thanks mate. I drive through Newstead a lot heading to Castlemaine and Melb. and have thought to myself many a time that I should hit this area but never have. I don't think I would even know were to start. All I know it was a gold field but you can not see anything from the road.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Dog308 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am

I detected 1 lone piece of gold on the side of the road near new stead .. the big gravel pit that has been taken off the corner all rounded quartz pebbles

Dog308
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2013-04-09

Back to top Go down