Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I swing......(Newstead area)?

2 posters

Go down

Where can I swing......(Newstead area)? Empty Where can I swing......(Newstead area)?

Post  Uncle Duck Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Hey all,

So the situation thus far is I have been out for a swing once so far on a mates property in the Newstead area and will be heading up again in a couple of weeks and would like to explore further that theboundaries of mates property.

I have done some research and got myself more confuesd........the dpi website states prospecting is permitted in most sate forrests but not state parks ( I clarified this with them but they were not a great deal of assistance)....but does not povide a definition of the two etc.

I guess what it boils down to for me is 2 or 3 question.....

Does anyone know can I prospect/swing a detector in - Sandon State Forest and or Rise and Shine Bushland Reserve both in the Newstead/Yandoit area?

Where is a good online resource to find out if I can swing? I have looked at the interactive forrest map blah blah but dont know what I am looking for lol.....

I guess I will end up calling the DPI office for clarification, just frustrated in a time of technology I have not been able to foind it online LOL

Cheers anbd many thanks
Uncle Duck

Uncle Duck
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-02

Back to top Go down

Where can I swing......(Newstead area)? Empty Re: Where can I swing......(Newstead area)?

Post  staples61 Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Uncle Duck,
Lots of deep mines around Blackwood and Trentham. You can't prospect in Lerderderg National Park.
Its pretty wild and overgrown though. Mountain goat country.
Staples61

staples61
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down