Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beechworth

3 posters

Go down

Beechworth Empty Beechworth

Post  brigand Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi Guys,
Anyone knows if the area around beechworth is worth prospecting? And if yes where approx.?
Cheers,
brigand
brigand
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Beechworth Empty Re: Beechworth

Post  AnnieL Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi brigand, I did some detecting in permitted areas of Chiltern Mt-Pilot National Park ( maps available from Info Centre, Beechworth) without any success. One of the rangers informed me that people panning were getting a little bit of colour near one of the picnic areas but he did not say which one. Sorry I cannot help more. Look under Goldfields threads on forum or do word search to see if more info there.

cheers
Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Beechworth Empty Howdy

Post  Toysandthings Fri May 03, 2013 3:29 pm

If ur panning try kangaroo flat or is it crossing, detecting, who knows, try a private field in the area n go door knocking(we did see 2 guys doing just that on Australia day), we didnt find a thing other then junk, some leeches, spiders. Did find ome other detectorist holes not filled in. Fixed with a few kicks.

On an interesting side, on australia day, my other half 'saw' a 'large black cat' downstream from kangaroo crossing or flat, no map handy, it took off the moment it noticed her which was about the same time she noticed it. We now have dash cams n go pros whenever we go prospecting. Of course we went there over easter n no sign of it.

Cheers.
Lee.

Toysandthings
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-05-02

http://www.toys-things.com.au

Back to top Go down