Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

member of the ounce club

+30
ruffles
Golddiggergirls
JJSyd
nuggetseeker
nugget
adwata
bowy
deutran
bedrock
grumpy57
HueyDuck
strolch
TheGoldenChild
gullyhunter
papoutsi
Ren
panhead
HasFoundTheGold
OLD SALT
TWO BOB
slimpickens
snapper
goldenhero
Sharkbait
flyspecks
mariner3800
TTT
kon61
CostasDee
G.B.
34 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

member of the ounce club Empty member of the ounce club

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 am

Went on Saturday for some gold detecting.Got up at 5am.Everything was packed and ready to go from the night before.
Had a nice drive and experienced a beautiful sunrise.Couple of kangaroos and rabbits were pushing their luck on the edge of the road but thanks god decided not to cross in front of my car.

I never detected with big coils and to tell you the truth never liked the idea.Bigger coil attract = more noise was always in my head.
Well recently i was convinced by one of my detecting mates to try an 14 inch coiltek mono coil.Thanks Dave.
On a couple detecting trips i found the gold each time with it.
Also got a few tips from Dave how to detect properly with it and not to keep it to far from my feet.Well that certainly made big difference and i was using this coil all day without any issues.

So 14 inch mono was on.Started detecting i got a very strange little tiny signal like some kind of interference.Decided to investigate and scraped a few inches of dirt.
Signal was still there but no stronger.Dug now around 5 inches and made little bit bigger and a wider hole.Signal was same.Dig down to over a foot.Same.Nothing, signal was the same, but that stupid tiny signal started to irritate me.It was not getting stronger after digging more then a foot.What the hell -i had enough and decided to cover the hole.
Curiosity got little bit stronger and i was thinking what that can be.While i started covering the hole i remembered i had a minelab pinpointer in my backpack. cheers
Got it out and went with it in the hole, hmm was giving me a signal in one of the corners.Coil was too big to put it in the hole.I was kneeling and i got a pick and dig another 2 inches of that hole and scooped the dirt out.Went with pinpointer again and nothing, no sound.Hmm i turned my head to the little pile of dirt and grabbed it with my hand.I felt something heavy in my hand.Look into dirt and i seen this strange reddish yellow thing in my hand.
Sure it could not be gold as it never give me that sweet mellow signal.It couldn't be was thinking of big piece of rusty metal but then it had a blimpse of gold.I decided not to call Dave at that time so i dont look like an *****.
Started sucking a water from my cammelback and washed and washed and washed.It was just like i didn't want to believe it was gold.The feeling was unreal.It was gold and it was a nice piece of gold.Called Dave and we just stare there and just couldn't believe it.When it sank in we had a laugh.
There is a gold in Golden Triangle.I realized we walk on it.My mum always use to say to me open your ears and listen.So finally i am following her advise.

So here are a couple of photos enjoy it. I called it a Mini boomerang.
I hope karma gets back to you with this little Boomerang and i dedicated this nugget to my detecting mates who took me under their wing and though me how to detect and how to be better at it:
So Grumpy57 the first person i meet with his lovely wife Shirley in Laanecoorie caravan park, Dingo and Ruffles who generously offered to share the cabin on that first trip, Mariner3800 and Elsie,, Wombat, Flyspeck, Bedrock, lykphil Madmax800( its your ex detector), Gatescripter, Goldstalkergpx, Ararat, Angie and Nature Pete, Nugget, Roudy, David Mar, Goldminer997, Imadogman,Eureka Dreams, Papoutsy, Twobob, Costasdee, Mike54, Darren,Scjonrob, Gullyhunter, Goldenchild, Bigfella, Aurumpro.Hopefully i did not forget anyone but if i did sorry as i am little bit excited.
Special thanks goes to Phoenix and Zita. You willingness to help, tips, generosity is beyond words to describe and is greatly appreciated.Countless trips to goldfields with Z team is an experience to remember.

Started with a beautiful Sunrise:

member of the ounce club 00510

An Ounce club:
member of the ounce club 00611

Victoria The place to be:
member of the ounce club 00210

In Grams:
member of the ounce club 00912

The best gold is one in hand:

member of the ounce club 00913

GoldEN

Last edited by golden on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

member of the ounce club Empty Re: member of the ounce club

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 am

G'day Golden what can I say bl**dy beauty. Q15 . Felt like I was there with you all the way. Next time you will have to widen your hole so you can get the coil in there. Embarassed . The bigger coils really do work well even on the small ones close to the surface. Big congrats on your beautiful find. cheers cheers cheers

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:35 am

Golden,

That's Golden.
Fantastic Find, You walked over it, you heard it and you dug it.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 am

Welcome to the club Golden, and what a nice new member and a gorgeous slab of a nugget to have joined. What a great story, I felt like I was there and could feel my heart pulsing harder. So eager to get out now.... Q12
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:12 am

Quick put it back in the ground Golden,for you've found the "Witches Finger" Shocked Laughing cheers What a Face Incredible find m8 well deserved.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 am

congratulations Golden a really great looking nugget and a nice story to go with it cheers TTT

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 am

Golden you sly old dog you, You or Dave didn't tell me you have joined the 1oz clubmember of the ounce club 714989396 WELL DONE MATE member of the ounce club 1984967395 What a loverly looking nugget. What can I say except CONGRADULATIONS. member of the ounce club 3437167670member of the ounce club 3437167670

See you over the weekend mate and well done again.

wombat Wink

Last edited by Wombat on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:03 am

Hi Golden,

It give me great pleaseure to read your story and see you finally hit on a big one.

I remember the first time we met, at Lannecoorie almost 3 years ago. Here was this guy who had just purchased a 3000, had very little idea about finding gold, hated spiders and bugs, told me that he had very little sense of direction and would proberbly get lost in the bush if he strayed to far from the cars. I remember at the end of the first Saturday waiting for all to return back to the cars after detecting, but no sign of Golden???? After about 30 min of trying to find you, you just walked out of the bush happy and ready for the next spot. At this stage I saw a deternination that told me that you would succeed in this hobby and you have.

Well done to you Q15

We Look forward to catching up this weekend and maybe even sneeking a little peak at the Boomerang

Peter & Elsie
Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 am

mate mate mate , congrats on joining the ounce club......i am still waiting for my membership.....but this is all about you and that lovely story. you named the people who have helped you over the past, but mate they only do it because of who you are and your personality, your a top bloke.....just dont throw that boomarang my way.....it wont come back Q10 once again congrats, catch up soon.....very soon, carnt wait to see that nug Q21 cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 am

Golden,many congrats..what a fantastic piece cheers and great pics..Lucky you had the pinpointer with you Very Happy how many times have we walked away thinking 'ground noise' again Crying or Very sad you persisted and got the reward Q40 Thanks for sharing your great story

Cheers..Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 am

It couldn`t of happened to a nicer bloke
well done mate Very Happy
(we don`t find much gold in the Z team but we have quite a few laughs along the way)
member of the ounce club 356aj

Last edited by phoenix on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:35 am

Thats a nice piece [b]golden cheers , congrats . cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am

Mate,awesome find and a great story! cheers
That feeling when you have it first in your hand,and you cant believe its gold is hard to explain.
Nice work. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

Fantastic find, Enio cheers cheers

Good story , too !

Congratulations mate, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  snapper Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am

Well done Golden, just think what an even bigger coil can do, now you will be digging all those ground noises cheers Stu
snapper
snapper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 am

The golden boomerang ay, WOW! Congratulations Goldenmember of the ounce club Champagne-toast
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

member of the ounce club Empty RE; member of the ounce (& a quarter) club

Post  TWO BOB Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

Golden, Congratulations on a GREAT find cheers cheers cheers ,your dedication is paying off.(Just the start)
Cheers
"TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am

member of the ounce club Dsc01813mt

well mate, ive seen and held that boomerang, its a lovely nug, it sure is getting around. it comes with a cup of coffee now. well deserved, hope you get another one. cheers Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Flyspeck, so it is at Jamiciacablue were you and Golden go to have your cups of coffee, now I know why, they give away a free gold nuggets.Shocked I normally only get a free bikie with my coffee Crying or Very sad

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD SALT Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Great find Golden...Great Pics...and WOW , ain't it just the BEST feeling when you unearth a 'Good One'. GB and I spent this morning cleaning the Inglewood Scrub ( Pink Lead) picking up air rifle pellets etc. When the temp got to 34 Deg , I squibbed it and went home...I wish him well as he is very dedicated to the Hobby and anyone who puts in the hard yards really deserves to prosper. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Nev
OLD SALT
OLD SALT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  HasFoundTheGold Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:55 pm

dam nice nugget well done buddy

HasFoundTheGold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  panhead Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Congratulations golden. That's a very nice looking piece. cheers cheers cheers When I bought my GP3000 secondhand, I got a 14" Mono and an 11" DD with it. I've never used the Mono in my trips to the Triangle, only the DD. But I'm going to use it next time that's for sure.
panhead
panhead
panhead
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 pm

golden,

What a superb find Q21 Great deteckin Enio you sneaky bugger > plucking a multigrammer from of a flogged area...Q15

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:00 pm

A BIG Congrats golden, by the sounds of it it, could of been easily missed affraid That's definitely one find you'll never forget Q15 Q01 Q16

Great story and pictures also and thanks for sharing your awesome experience Q13 ...... I'm pumped to the ceiling now Q12

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

member of the ounce club Empty wow what a nugget .

Post  papoutsi Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Well done golden ,loved the story your heart must of been racing .
Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke ,well done. Pap

papoutsi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Woooohooooo Golden ,,, Q18
Congratulations on that fantastic find ... and welcome to the "CLUB" , arent the views amazing from up here !! Q34

Great story and pics , now i bet you will never forget the sound of that not so distinguished signal .

Cheers bro ...
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:48 pm

G'day Golden

That's an awesome piece mate, & welcome to the ounce club as well, like the add says "Ohhhh what a feeling"

It's a bit of a scary thought that you almost filled the hole back in with the nugget still in it though Shocked bet you will be listening for those strange little signals now. Laughing Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Good onya Enio.

Would have loved to see the look on your face. affraid
When i saw it i thought it's the "Golden Bone" Laughing

Freakin awesome.

FF.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Awesome find Enio Q15 , just rewards for effort, really happy for you Very Happy .
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Congratulations! Golden twisty?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next